Chopping?

Buccaneer

Deity
I think I am missing something here. I see several references to chopping in order to build something. For example,

even when I missed by a few turns I could have chopped or moved tiles to make it.

This implies that we get some bonus for chopping, ala Civ4. I don't see any evidence or reference of this. What is meant by this in context of Civ5?

20 hammers?!?

Yes. 20 hammers. Small isnt it?

But remember, a nuclear power plant only gives a benefit of 5-ish hammers, and it drains an entire uranium.

(+20% was it? 25%? i never use them, but cities wont go much over 100 hammers a turn without perfect conditions)

Does clearing a forest to build a trading post (for example), offer the same hammers bonus?

Yes, you still get 20 hammers. Also, you don't need to clear a forest to build a TP btw. In fact, it's probably better with the forest intact.

mouse over the 'chop' command on a worker and read the tooltip

I'm sorry, I just did that and do not see any hammer bonuses. Is there some later tech or something that allows this? The tooltip said -1 food, +1 production and that the jungle will be removed.

You don't get anything from jungles. You didn't in Civ4 either.

I'm sorry, I just did that and do not see any hammer bonuses. Is there some later tech or something that allows this? The tooltip said -1 food, +1 production and that the jungle will be removed.

Jungles can't be harvested in this way. If you watch the top of the screen when your turn begins/ends and you have a worker chopping down a forest, you'll see "Clearing a forest has produced 20 Hammers for City Suchandsuch"

Top Bottom