1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Christ the Redeemer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Legends of Revolution' started by Spirictum, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

Now that's the best wonder of all in LoR. And I like to see a brazilian wonder being the best wonder, even if it's cheated.

Christ is not so special in original BtS. It's overpowered, but so late that it's not that important. You can make quite a mess with it in late game, but it hardly will define who will win the game.

But in LoR things are different: Make the Christ, send 5+ spies to the superpower nation that you want to desintegrate, and when you are sure you can use 5 spies and they will succeed, change your civics to: Despotism, Barbarism, Slavery (or Serfdom, dunno which is worst for stability), Mercantilism (or Descentralization if better) and Theocracy.

Then use the spies to change your rival civics to these. Pass the turn and change all back to what you were using. Done! You destroyed the superpower. And if it wasn't enough, do it again. You can do it forever with anyone, and the christ will keep you intact.

I like this, but maybe it's overpowered. It's like: Build the Christ. Done, you won the game.

2. glx

glx Chieftain

Nice hint ... but my games mostly end before Christ-Redeem...