Christmas 2022 HOF III Update

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 10 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Takeo for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Huge Deity Histographic game for 66659 points.

EMan was the most active player during this update, submitting 6 games.

Only 1 player was brave enough to take on Sid this update. EMan submitted a 2050 AD Tiny Sid Histographic game for 8258 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
EMan with a 2050 AD Tiny Sid Histographic game for 8258 points.

Takeo with a 2050 AD Huge Deity Histographic game for 66659 points.

Congratulations to Takeo for rising from 6th to 4th in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to del62 for falling from 4th to 5th and to Chamnix for falling from 5th to 6th in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : superslug rose from 39th to 38th. Ivalon is no longer a Machiavellian.
Histographic : Takeo rose from 9th to 5th.

It wasn't that long ago I hadn't seen a submission in months, and now suddenly there's enough for an update and new #1 positions on Sid and Deity, with a new all-time Deity score record at that! You guys never cease to amaze me.

Thanks for The Update, 'slug.............Happy to hear YOU have a long game in the works: gives me a chance to get my 7-year-old game finished and published! :lol:
Congrats to Takeo for the highest-ever score on Deity Level! :goodjob::goodjob:

Last edited:
I tried Tiny Sid Histographic I think two times (well, more if you count MapFinder rerolls). I think one time I decided to just try another map fairly early on. The time I stuck with it, I mis-estimated how culture would expand and took a domination victory.

It looks I had 12 armies by the end

Tiny Sid.png

Last edited:
Using CrpViewer I see that some city got settled by the Maya, then gifted to Persia, and immediately captured. I couldn't see it on the save, because of course, it must have gotten auto-razed. Looking at the 10 AD save my first guess was that I did this for some luxury to acquire to get something from Persia (harder to guess exactly what I wanted). In more detail I guess I planted a city on top of the ivory I had. Disconnecting my capital from the trade network, I can see that Persia has ivory in use, but no extra. So, my guess is that I would have gifted them some temp city, renegotiated the peace treaty, with gpt for whatever I wanted from them, and then cut the trade route.

Oof. I captured Pasagrade like 4 times in about 6 turns! Wars were done by 530 AD though.

I looked over EMan's save and was surprised to see how much territory he had settled early in that tiny Sid game.
At 10 AD CrPViewer says that my game had a score of 1123 with 157 tiles and 12.94% land coverage, while his has a score of 967 with 294 tiles and 41.70% land coverage.
At 1250 AD it says my score is 6300 and 801 tiles, while his has a score of 2899 and 465 land tiles.

Alright, I'm guessing his map was 80% archipelago. Definitely not a game where optimization or near optimization was the desired goal I think for The Byzantines, even if 80% is all he felt confident about handling. Wealth in areas with jungles nearby? Well I tripped over the domination limit, while he didn't. So his strategy was still better overall. My attempt at tile optimization was too ambitious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom