[R&F] Christopher Tin's New Album based upon Civ VI Theme Song "Sogno di Volare"

Oh, and the final $10,000 reward has been taken.

But the $6k level is still available for those who want credit as commissioner of a movement!

Or join thousands of other backers at lower amounts more affordable for ordinary folks. Less than $2k to go until all backers get a sixth bonus piece!

I would like to know how Emily Dickinson's poem can be translated to song with powerful instrumentals.
It is an interesting choice. Her unique cadence seems better suited for something quieter than choral music, but Tin has also done quieter pieces before (like "Mado Kara Mieru").

It is an interesting choice. Her unique cadence seems better suited for something quieter than choral music, but Tin has also done quieter pieces before (like "Mado Kara Mieru").

Mado Kara Mieru is one of my favorites from Calling All Dawns! :D Even though my parents don't really like Japanese people (due to their actions in WW2, the uncle of my grandpa was actually murdered by Japanese soldiers), I still like some of their culture (manga, anime, cuisine, music). Visiting Japan back in 2009 was a treat as well (though only for a few days and around Tokyo only).

The piece was performed in Beijing last year; here are the program notes:

"Silver Wing" is a fanciful setting of Emily Dickinson's poem "A Bird Came Down the Walk". It's a whimsical setting of an equally whimsical poem, whereby Dickinson humorously inflates the routine comings and goings of a small bird with an almost Homeric epic quality. Similarly the musical setting takes a simple hymn-like chorale, and launches it into the air, with noble horns and soaring strings.

From http://www.fabermusic.com/repertoire/silver-wing

Mado Kara Mieru is one of my favorites from Calling All Dawns! :D Even though my parents don't really like Japanese people (due to their actions in WW2, the uncle of my grandpa was actually murdered by Japanese soldiers), I still like some of their culture (manga, anime, cuisine, music). Visiting Japan back in 2009 was a treat as well (though only for a few days and around Tokyo only).
Japan's the only country in East Asia that I didn't get to visit beyond the Osaka Airport when I lived in South Korea.

Top Bottom