Christopher Tin's "To Shiver the Sky" album and Sogno di Volare official music video

sonicmyst

Emperor
I just want to share this to everyone. There are two videos from Christopher Tin released today: a new official music video for Sogno di Volare and the premier of his album, To Shiver the Sky.

Every time I hear this Civ VI theme song it makes my heart leap!

To Shiver the Sky video:

Sogno di Volare official music video:

Last edited:
Christopher’s stuff is always really good. I own all his previous albums and can’t wait for this!

Same here. Calling All Dawns & The Drop That Contained the Ocean were magnificent!

I like this version better than the Civ6 version. The strings sound so vibrant. (I'll be honest, though: "Sogno di Volare" is not my favorite of Tin's work. I've kind of gotten listener fatigue. Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to replace the menu music with "Temen Oblak.")

To Shiver the Sky was released today!

https://www.christophertin.com/albums/toshiverthesky.html##

I’ve just listened to it for the first time, and I really like it. The album version of Sogno di volare is really good (although strange to listen to after being so familiar with the Civ 6 version!).

The final song We Choose to Go to the Moon is a beautiful response to the opener, and both tracks really bookend the album well. To the Stars is another track I really enjoyed on my first listen.

It has quite a different feel to the previous albums, but it really gives a feeling of flight and exploration and the written pieces chosen are really powerful images of aviation and flight. In parts it feels really operatic (particularly in Oh, the Humanity), which is not surprising given the performers.

Do give it a listen, especially if you are a fan of the Civ 6 theme!

I'm proud to have backed this on Kickstarter, and downloaded it today. :) I haven't had time to listen to it, though. I think I'll put it on my phone and listen to it with earbuds when I go to bed.

My favourite by far is Sogno di Volare.

The Fall has a great callback to Sogno di Volare.

Oh, the Humanity is really powerful, especially with the siren in the middle. It even has callbacks to Sogno di Volare. It's my second favourite.

Top Bottom