1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chrisy15's Civilisations - The Fertile Crescent to the Cold War, and beyond!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Chrisy15, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

... I was going to say no to Gangnam Style, but those are amazing! They're definitely in the next update.

2. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Also, you may add me to the list of people looking for a modern Korea. I have intense interest for any post ww2 civs, but Our World moves at a lathargic pace (no offence guys, you still do amazing work).

3. Chrisy15

I've got a few Cold War civs planned, but I don't really know what to do for a modern (21st Century) South Korea. I guess I could use the old Sejong-Class as one of the UUs, but there's a reason I removed them from Park...

4. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Idol Singer as a Great Musician replacement?

Don't tell me it wouldn't be fitting...

5. Chrisy15

UU: K-Pop Star
    Replaces Great Musician
    Produces K-Pop as Great Works of Music
    These K-Pop works yield an extra culture, and yield +3 Gold and +2 Tourism after discovering Internet

...On second thoughts, I'm not sure if I want my search history to become consumed by K-Pop stars...

On a more serious note, if I was to make a 21st Century South Korea civ, what would their focus be? Diplomatic? Tourism? Science?

6. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

I'd say some sort of Tourism/Science hybrid.

7. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

I would design UA that strongly focus on late-game tourism or Great artist generation. As Korean drama also popular in some place K-Pop do (much to the ire of me who happen to live in that place)

Maybe make every great works made after Modern Era to yield double tourism from any civ with active trade route or something. Other unique may focus on other aspects.

I don't really sure you happy to search all of "Great works" of those K-Pop stars. It also expose the mod to K-Pop fan arguing why their favorite band is not qualify as Great Artist or why their favorite music is not featured.

8. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

I think it should also make great works yield +3 tourism and only +1 culture at some point in the game. If you want I can supply you with some kpop stars names and some song names.

9. Chrisy15

I'm going to have to make this at some point, aren't I...
    *sigh*
    Okay, so one UU would be the K-Pop Star, who would produce more tourism but less culture. Would the Concert Tour be changed at all?
    Any ideas for second component/UA?
    Would we need a new flag, or would this suffice

Also, new civ coming out sometime this evening - hype?

10. Chrisy15

It's literally on schedule...

Shame I didn't finish this before JFD disabled Loyalty...

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

13. Chrisy15

Thought I'd save you the effort :)

BTW, please don't go around renaming CID settings again - the entire CID support collapsed when you renamed the Loyalty settings, and it took me half a day to work out that was the problem!

Also, I completely endorse removing Crime from Magistrates Courts, due to the fact that I don't think Satrap's Courts yield Crime for one reason or another - have you decided if you will or not?

14. Klisz

Klisz King

Any plans to make a revised Darius in a later update? I much prefer alt leaders that allow the original leader to continue existing (even if mechanically completely different).

15. Chrisy15

Knew this was going to come up...

Yes, I would like to, if only to remove Cyrus' cache issues. However, I haven't given it much thought, since I wanted to get Cyrus released in a reasonable timeframe. Darius would get Immortals, and I can't imagine a UA being too hard to come up with... so yeah; I will :)

16. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Nice release and look like a solid design. Anyway. I think you should use other font in the infographics...

No, I didn't want you to do anything with K-pop. I want you to make late-gane cultural/tourism bonus. Pretty much like how Brazil get a heap of tourism with UA and we didn't see any actual carnival while in golden age and playing as them. (It would be hilarious if we do)

17. Chrisy15

Font is difficult, because GIMP doesn't actually have font selection - you need to choose the font by name. This limits my current font options to Comic Sans, Times New Roman, Ariel and Windings. It also doesn't help that I've got very poor taste in font. I haven't settled on a design for my infographics - Japan was a one-off, while Cyrus' and Park's are both too similar to JFD's.

I'll have to read about SKorea again, to get a few more ideas - but don't get too hyped, they're a while off still.

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

19. Chrisy15

Cheesy? Informal? Embarrassing? This?

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh