Chronicles of Mankind

I'll look after that too.

BTW, could you post save from your modern era too? Transhuman is fine too.

game was unstable, crash and kick me to desktop sometimes in end of game what was annoying but ok

also look at this one

xD this mod.. sometimes works.. sometimes doesnt, but possibly it could be an errors of my old PC
save is just from ending when i almost gain cultural victory if something
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ttdsos

Okay, that's probably too much. Added to my to do list.
its ~25% cost of whole technology in modern era and 15% in transhuman. One city, i dont talk about others - thanks this wonder i could learn modern and transhuman techs in 1-2 turns while on medival much simplers techs i needed to wait 10-20

game was unstable, crash and kick me to desktop sometimes in end of game what was annoying but ok

also look at this one

xD this mod.. sometimes works.. sometimes doesnt, but possibly it could be an errors of my old PC
save is just from ending when i almost gain cultural victory if something
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ttdsos

Hey I might be able to help a little, In your CivilizationIV.ini file in Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword. Change hidepythonexceptions = 1 to hidepythonexceptions = 0
Load the game where you have the errors and you should start to see popups in game, print the errors you see in the popups here or take pictures of each one.

I'll then be able to use the information from the popups to help you fix the errors.

Oh also have you modified the XML files of your game in anyway? Or are you just using Zeta Nexus mod in it's vanilla form?

Last edited:
@PKSRoman You can try the attached file as a sort of HotFix. Just replace the same file in Assets\XML\Buildings.

What it does:
"Difficulty Increasing With Empire Size"
Number of cities now also increase Maintenance Cost in All Cities, Maintenance Cost from Distance to Palace and Maintenance Cost from Number of Cities by 1% each

Global Stock Exchange:
+1000% Foreign Trade Route Yield reduced to +100%

Actually it won't change much in your actual game but if you have started a new one than you should see a difference.

Attachments

• CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
    5.1 MB · Views: 20
I think Palisade, Walls and High Walls need a Renaissance upgrade. Any ideas?
Not sure if you were asking me or not, but I haven't any ideas. In my opinion I think the regular walls are enough for the game but I could understand how someone might want more.

Hey I might be able to help a little, In your CivilizationIV.ini file in Documents\My Games\Beyond The Sword. Change hidepythonexceptions = 1 to hidepythonexceptions = 0
Load the game where you have the errors and you should start to see popups in game, print the errors you see in the popups here or take pictures of each one.

I'll then be able to use the information from the popups to help you fix the errors.

Oh also have you modified the XML files of your game in anyway? Or are you just using Zeta Nexus mod in it's vanilla form?

thx i try in when i will be play in this mod next time
pure vanilia, i`m curious where is this mod on 100+ civs and does he have many bugs

I think Palisade, Walls and High Walls need a Renaissance upgrade. Any ideas?

https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Renaissance_Walls_(Civ6)
Renaissance Walls are the last upgrade stage of pre-modern defenses in Civilization VI. They represent the elaborate defense systems which Renaissance engineers were forced to devise when gunpowder started to invade the battlefield, and the hitting power of modern weapons became too much for simple Walls to stand.

Renaissance walls can withstand serious sieges from gunpowder-armed units, such as the Musketman (even when accompanied by siege equipment), for some time, but the Bombard will quickly wear them down.

When cannon came to combat, those old, high, straight city walls didn’t stand up very well. Thanks to the unrelenting warfare in Italy during the Renaissance, military engineers there devised the “star fort” (more properly, the trace italienne) in the mid-15th Century AD.

so technically in renessaince era they just add more and bigger walls who could be easy crush by bombards and cannons.And later they invent "Star Fort"

personally i would not change anything, "rifling" will would remove bonus from these buildings and add "force field" building, +100% def when "shielding" is discovered in transhuman era
also "national shielding" will would give "force field" in all cities

but you should look on this building who add +40% def when unmanny warfare doctrine is active, i dont remember name of this one

@PKSRoman You can try the attached file as a sort of HotFix. Just replace the same file in Assets\XML\Buildings.

What it does:
"Difficulty Increasing With Empire Size"
Number of cities now also increase Maintenance Cost in All Cities, Maintenance Cost from Distance to Palace and Maintenance Cost from Number of Cities by 1% each

Global Stock Exchange:
+1000% Foreign Trade Route Yield reduced to +100%

Actually it won't change much in your actual game but if you have started a new one than you should see a difference.
i just wait on whole new mod version maybe

Last edited:
thx i try in when i will be play in this mod next time

Yeah most likely this is an error that is out of Zeta Nexus's hands. This issue is likely an issue that is caused in Python which Zeta doesn't touch for the most part.
So I am going to have a guy look over the issue once you post the error popups.

I must also ask, did you install any other mods inside of COM? Like civ packs or building packs?

no, his pure mod and i have installed a new dawn with civs but rather it dont change anything
Alright. Run the test and post the messages here as soon as you can. Us being able to fix this error could potentially help a lot of people out.

Not sure if you were asking me or not, but I haven't any ideas.
Anyone reading it, you included ;)

In my opinion I think the regular walls are enough for the game but I could understand how someone might want more.
Basically I agree but @PKSRoman 's save file made me realize that walls are visible in all eras. They look a bit silly in the TH era.
I was thinking of walls upgrading to Barbwire Fence / Archology but there is a gap too big in between them, so I thought there should be something there.

When cannon came to combat, those old, high, straight city walls didn’t stand up very well. Thanks to the unrelenting warfare in Italy during the Renaissance, military engineers there devised the “star fort” (more properly, the trace italienne) in the mid-15th Century AD.

so technically in renessaince era they just add more and bigger walls who could be easy crush by bombards and cannons.And later they invent "Star Fort"
That's it! :)

Walls should upgrade to Star Fort with some stats changing:

High Walls:
defense from 50% goes down to 40%
damage from bombardment from -40% goes down to -30%

Star Fort (and Bunker)
defense from 75% goes up to 100%
damage from bombardment from -50% goes up to -60%

And they all should upgrade to Archology Shield too.

What do you think?

What do you think?
bigger penalties.Any invention is a "gamechanger", smaller or bigger in field of medicine, agriculture, warfare or politics

high wals are obstolete in rennesaince era - too slim, too easy-crush for bombards and later canons, when compared to star forts

High Walls:
defense from 50% goes down to 25%
damage from bombardment from -40% goes down to -20% (cannons are walls-destroyers compared to trebuchets and catapults)

Star Fort (and Bunker)
defense from 25% goes up to 50%
damage from bombardment from -20% goes up to -40%

star fort its technically just thicker and more stronger version of castle, high wall.

remember in renessaince era people go from long-term sieges to quick assault on fortress after crushing the walls
its a time when calvary first time in history was equal to power with mans who carry weapons (muskets)
later when rifles was invent, they lose even more and heavy - calvary was replaced by quick units with 3:move: to make skirmishes on enemy lands. or to simple reconaissance
i think AI will be like this idea

Also i love idea from realism invictus where when you build united nations you can vote on ANY doctrine, not only secular, green, democracy etc but i belive its too complicate to rewrite a new dawn in this way for now
better just fix actual bugs and later concantrate on this, if you want ofc
like:
Ai should not attack civ with who have +10 to attlite (or simpler: like them)
exept these with spy points perk, they are always a vipers

ai should not attack enemy civ who have bigger manpower (like india or japan who was weaker , much weaker like 50% of my strenght and declare war on me)

and most important:
ai should never attack civ with nuclear warheads if dont have their own warheads.
exaple ? Israel. Surronded by countries who likely want destroy them
also in modern era we too dont have any evidence or examples when country without nukes attack country with nukes
countires become more careful in modern era if we talk about declaring a war - they can gain little and lose too many

Last edited:
They look a bit silly in the TH era.
Could make them irrelevant in the Transhuman Era and rely on the dome to fill the wall role.

Don't have to make the walls upgrade into the domes but you could antiquate them in the last era.

Could make them irrelevant in the Transhuman Era and rely on the dome to fill the wall role.

Don't have to make the walls upgrade into the domes but you could antiquate them in the last era.
This is what I'm talking about:
upload_2021-5-27_9-10-11.png

and this
upload_2021-5-27_9-10-39.png

bigger penalties.Any invention is a "gamechanger", smaller or bigger in field of medicine, agriculture, warfare or politics

high wals are obstolete in rennesaince era - too slim, too easy-crush for bombards and later canons, when compared to star forts

High Walls:
defense from 50% goes down to 25%
damage from bombardment from -40% goes down to -20% (cannons are walls-destroyers compared to trebuchets and catapults)

Star Fort (and Bunker)
defense from 25% goes up to 50%
damage from bombardment from -20% goes up to -40%

star fort its technically just thicker and more stronger version of castle, high wall.
HW cannot be weaker than Walls. Here's a plan with upper part being how it works now and the lower part as my plans with HW upgrading to SF
upload_2021-5-27_9-26-25.png

Also i love idea from realism invictus where when you build united nations you can vote on ANY doctrine, not only secular, green, democracy etc but i belive its too complicate to rewrite a new dawn in this way for now
I think it can be done with XML changes only (but not sure). However it's low on my priority.

Ai should not attack civ with who have +10 to attlite (or simpler: like them)
exept these with spy points perk, they are always a vipers

ai should not attack enemy civ who have bigger manpower (like india or japan who was weaker , much weaker like 50% of my strenght and declare war on me)

and most important:
ai should never attack civ with nuclear warheads if dont have their own warheads.
exaple ? Israel. Surronded by countries who likely want destroy them
also in modern era we too dont have any evidence or examples when country without nukes attack country with nukes
countires become more careful in modern era if we talk about declaring a war - they can gain little and lose too many
AI behavior is out of my reach, sorry :dunno:

Yeah I think you didn't understand what I meant, I meant you could make the walls obsolete at the transhuman era so you won't see them.
No, you didn't understand :p
Walls obsolete with Artillery, yet they are still visible.

No, you didn't understand :p
Walls obsolete with Artillery, yet they are still visible.

Ah I forgotten that buildings that are obsolete don't stop rendering.:crazyeye: I'll probably have a tag made that can control what renders when obsolete.

Although you could have the walls upgrade into the dome. The dome pretty much is the future equivalent to walls.

Although you could have the walls upgrade into the dome. The dome pretty much is the future equivalent to walls.
Comes too late. You have the entire Industrial and Modern eras cities protected by walls.

Comes too late. You have the entire Industrial and Modern eras cities protected by walls.
Could have them upgrade into metal fences or something but I don't know if there is a model for that...

And then from there the Dome is the next upgrade.

I agree that there should be more advanced castle type buildings(that replace earlier classes of coarse), as for walls, I would continue them only as flavor starting in the Industrial Era.

I have barbed wire walls for Industrial, and I pulled a very high tech looking metal wall and a forcefield wall from the Planetfall mod,

Here is how the code looks for me:

<ArtRef Name="building:LSYSTEM_WALLS">
<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_INDUSTRIAL,ERA_ATOMIC</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="ArtStyle">ARTSTYLE_ALL</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szSpecialLayout:CityCenter</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szBuilder:WallBuilder</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">bLayoutAfterGenerics:1</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">bNoContour:1</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szPostArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Walls/post01_wired.nif</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szWallArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Walls/wall%1_wired.nif</Attribute>
<Rotate>45</Rotate>
<!-- this needs to be the negative of the CITY_TWIST value in detail manager; note that this uses degrees but DetailManager uses radians. Sorry. -->
</ArtRef>

And:

<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_MODERN,ERA_FUTURE</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szPostArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Perimeter_Defense/Peri_Wall_Post.nif</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szWallArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Perimeter_Defense/Peri_Wall_%1.nif</Attribute>
<Rotate>45</Rotate>
<!-- this needs to be the negative of the CITY_TWIST value in detail manager; note that this uses degrees but DetailManager uses radians. Sorry. -->
</ArtRef>
<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_STELLAR</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szPostArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Perimeter_Defense/Peri_Beam_Post.nif</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szWallArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Perimeter_Defense/Peri_Beam_%1.nif</Attribute>
<Rotate>45</Rotate>
</ArtRef>

Stellar in Chronicles would be the "Future Era", via the era labeled future in my xml is actually the Synthetic Era, basically another incarnation of the Transhuman Era. I call Modern Information Age, but if you get the artwork(building artwork), put it in the paths shown, and enter code like this(or copy and paste) then edit, it should work.

Exampleof how it would look in Chronicles:

<Attribute Class="Era">ERA_MODERN,ERA_TRANSHUMAN</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szPostArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Perimeter_Defense/Peri_Wall_Post.nif</Attribute>
<Attribute Class="Scalar">szWallArtFile:Art/Structures/Buildings/Perimeter_Defense/Peri_Wall_%1.nif</Attribute>
<Rotate>45</Rotate>
</ArtRef>

Actually there is a question that bothers me:
Does it worth adding any modern defensive structures when building defense does not apply against units with high explosives?
What are those units actually?
Is that only
upload_2021-5-28_13-46-43.png
or all modern units? What defines it whether a unit falls into that category or not?

Top Bottom