Chronicles of Mankind

So, sorry for the noob question but how can you raze cities in this mod?. I was only able to do it against the barbarian settlements but not against the other enemy civs
Pillage the city like improvements as long as it is revolting.

i can build railroad on town tile (it should be upgraded automatically)
What is the type of route that you can upgrade into a Railroad?
If it's a Ferry, than it will be fixed in the next patch.
If it's a something else... than I don't know... yet.

meanwhile, art gallery provide me food xD (and no happiness)
That's WAD.
Art Gallery replaces Artists Guild Hall.
AGH gives you +2:) and employs 1 citizen.
When you upgrade AGH to AG you loose AGH's +2:) (you get see it as +2:mad:) and your employed citizen is freed up and is assigned to a tile producing +6:food:
So although AG is more expansive than AGH and gives the same bonus (+2:) and +10%:culture:) it has the advantage of not employing a citizen. AG is also required to build a Hermitage, which you cannot build with a AGH only.

haha, of course that i had, i like this event btw dont change that
thx that you repair that +1:food: per tile bug - it was repaired in version 1050? 1066 problay..
I don't know. I didn't fix it only tried to remove it from the pool of events.

i dont have acces to coal and i can build railroad stations
Okay, finally I understood what you meant :crazyeye:
Initially I thought you didn't need ANY resource for the Railway Station.
But it's just coal you don't need and it's okay: You need only a building with rails to have the Railway Station.
Coal is needed only for the trains... unless they need oil or electricity instead.

Okay, finally I understood what you meant :crazyeye:
Initially I thought you didn't need ANY resource for the Railway Station.
But it's just coal you don't need and it's okay: You need only a building with rails to have the Railway Station.
Coal is needed only for the trains... unless they need oil or electricity instead.

exacly, how my trains run if i dont have coal?
i cannot build railroad, BUT i can build railroad station
in this moment on picture i dont had acess to oil too

Last edited:
Okay, fair point. I may have an idea...

Here's my solution:
upload_2021-7-6_10-41-25.png

So I dropped the regular resource requirements and Railway Station now requires more than 2 of the following in city vicinity: Railroad, Electric Railroad or Maglev.
So if you can build the route type than you can also build the building :)
The good thing is, that they can even be mixed (as seen in the pic bellow) so you won't be unable to build RS when upgrading from one type to the other.
The bad thing is, that after building the routes you still need to wait for the next turn to be able to build RS. Usually it won't make a difference but I still wanted to mention it.

upload_2021-7-6_10-39-48.png

Last edited:
Here's my solution:
View attachment 601596
So I dropped the regular resource requirements and Railway Station now requires more than 2 of the following in city vicinity: Railroad, Electric Railroad or Maglev.
So if you can build the route type than you can also build the building :)
The good thing is, that they can even be mixed (as seen in the pic bellow) so you won't be unable to build RS when upgrading from one type to the other.
The bad thing is, that after building the routes you still need to wait for the next turn to be able to build RS. Usually it won't make a difference but I still wanted to mention it.

View attachment 601595
thx thx, great glory for you my friend
in meantime.. DARKNESSS! xD
3/6 in human history in this run, one time i had darkness in every era but 6/6 is rare as hell

Last edited:
another idea what i very like is totaly destroy the city after nuke
just look what hiroshima look after small a-bomb, 7 move tile radius

i personally use worldbuilder to turn cities into ruins, a-bomb should give totally destroyed city, -1 :mad: in all cities for civ who use it and -1 to diplomatic relations on 50 turns per nuke used from all others civ (non nuked)
bigger and stronger nukes just would increase number of ruins, including improvements like town and suburbs
nuke shelters increase chance on city survival, but again after nuke drop, nuke shelter should be removed (remove after nuke use on town - trait or something like that)
but its my personal gameplay, i would change nothing for now in mod, this mod have important things to repair then my personal favourities things
and i write about it because portugal start bombing his enemy and its funny as hell watch when stronger civ gets wrecked and torn apart
oh, and also if you want switch civic to M.A.D. you should have acess to uranium. You cant be in atomic club without atomic weaponry, right? (and civs who play AI should avoid fight with these who have M.A.D if they dont have the same civic

i start playing like that because AI in new dawn spawn nukes like mad on cities when they have acess to uranium (srsly, they throw 8-15 nukes on one town) and whole world turn slowly into nuclear wilderness

Last edited:
So, sorry for the noob question but how can you raze cities in this mod?. I was only able to do it against the barbarian settlements but not against the other enemy civs
use "pillage" button when you enter the conquered town - it have chance that town population drop by one level. enough army and when town have 1 population and you use "pillage" that will be razed
also uncheck "no friendly pillaging" in BUG MOD options

welp that escalated quickly
he attack his own revolutionist on south and now plague go north , killing his people and courage them to revolt even more xD

+200 gold per city when i spend 10% on taxes isnt too much?
In the Transhuman Era? Maybe yes, maybe not.
Depends on what other stuff you have in that city.

I have a certain issue with Highways route type:
It comes later than Railroad yet it's also slower. It's only advantage is that it requires different resources than Railroad, so you can at least build one of them. It's also cheaper but I don't think it's ever worth choosing over the Railroad.
Any ideas on how to improve it?
My only idea is to make it produce an additional +1:commerce: on Village/Town/Suburb improvements.

I have a certain issue with Highways route type:
It comes later than Railroad yet it's also slower. It's only advantage is that it requires different resources than Railroad, so you can at least build one of them. It's also cheaper but I don't think it's ever worth choosing over the Railroad.
Any ideas on how to improve it?

first lets check difference:
railroad vs highway
https://www.commercialfleet.org/fle...aulage-with-rail-freight-what-is-the-solution
"Taking trucks off the road would improve air pollution and reduce road congestion, but moving goods by rail instead of by truck is not straightforward. ... For long distance shipping or moving goods between ports, it is often much cheaper and faster to send freight by rail, sea or air than by using roads."

disadvantages of a train:
https://www.champlainrac.com/wp-content/uploads/tl/preview/pdf/advantages_disadvantages_railway.pdf

"Another disadvantages of railway transport is its inflexibility. It routes and timings cannot be adjusted to individual requirements. Rail transport cannot provide door to door service as it is tied to a particular track. Intermediate loading or unloading involves greater cost, more wear and tear and wastage of time."

disadvantages of road transport system:
https://www.economicsdiscussion.net...disadvantages-of-road-transport-in-india/2191
1. Frequent Accidents:
2. Inadequate Roads:
3. Heavy Taxes:
(on maintain the highways)
4. Poor Maintenance of Roads:
5. Rising Cost of Petrol and Diesel:
6. Unsuitable for Long Distances and Bulky Goods:
(including long distance for sending armies in civ 4)

Why are trains better than cars?
https://theconversation.com/rail-tr...ng-or-flying-but-will-americans-buy-in-112128
Rail transport, with hard steel wheels on steel rail, has lower resistance to motion than road transportation. ... Passenger rail is around three times more efficient than a car on a passenger-mile basis at current occupancy levels. The lower energy consumption leads to lower greenhouse emissions.

Are trains more efficient than trucks?
On average, railroads are three to four times more fuel efficient than trucks. That means moving freight by rail instead of truck lowers greenhouse gas emissions by up to 75%, on average

railroads - slower, but you can load bigger loads of many different cargo, wares
highway - used by humans to quick relocate from place to place, bigger pollution due personalised traveling

so i think in the end as conclusion:
railroads: additional +1:hammers: on mines and factories, cheaper to build then highways, +0.1 :yuck: per tile
highway: faster travel ( +1 :commerce: from towns and suburbs, +2:commerce: from touristic site, religious site: +50% to move for workers only, +0.2 :yuck: per tile), increased maintenance (it is possible to give -1 :gold: per 10 tiles of highways? or rather -1:gold: per two tiles of highway per turn)

it even have sense: in medival era or ancient people dont build a web of roads because they cant maintain it - only these roads who bring profit were build and repaired if needed, but again did AI civ can understand whole plan?
also as you notice in transhuman and modern era you gain multum of gold and can reduce taxes in civ 4 to almost 0% what isnt true in real life

and thats why my dear humanity use both highways and railroads.

Last edited:
if you wish i can check main difference beetween maglev and railroad, but now in my opinion it just faster, modern version of old good railroad

btw how you imagine this kind of road who have main end in some village in wilderness?

so i think in the end as conclusion:
railroads: additional +1:hammers: on mines and factories, cheaper to build then highways, +0.1 :yuck: per tile
highway: faster travel ( +1 :commerce: from towns and suburbs, +2:commerce: from touristic site, religious site: +50% to move for workers only, +0.2 :yuck: per tile), increased maintenance (it is possible to give -1 :gold: per 10 tiles of highways? or rather -1:gold: per two tiles of highway per turn)
Unfortunately it's very limited what you can do with routes and although your suggestions sound good most of them is not possible with the present code.
Rail transport cannot provide door to door service as it is tied to a particular track.
Yep, this was the basic of my idea: Highways - and the asphalt roads attached to them can lead to any particular building or house in a Village or Town... Hmmm... In fact those asphalt roads are theoretical and not visible on map so they could exist with Railroads, Electric Railroads and the rest too.
I'm starting to lean toward axing Highways altogether from the mod. I have never ever seen the AI build it and I thing most players would even recognize it's absence.
It was a cool concept but simply there isn't enough room for it in Civ4 IMO.

Top Bottom