Chronicles of Mankind

It is a short film that shows what economic growth and technological development might look like in today's and transhuman era

Do you know how Great Mosque of Djenne provides extra yield for deserts? It's not in BuildingInfos. Is it a text-only artifact?
It's a python effect. Some wonders use python code for extras. Try searching for their names or XML id among the python files.

Try searching for their names or XML id among the python files.
It's in CvEventManager.py.txt from one of the patches, but that can't possibly work, right? Or did you/someone from AND team save it in a wrong format?
I've built it and it didn't seem to work, anyway. So maybe there's nothing to nerf for me in the first place.

It's in CvEventManager.py.txt from one of the patches, but that can't possibly work, right? Or did you/someone from AND team save it in a wrong format?
I've built it and it didn't seem to work, anyway. So maybe there's nothing to nerf for me in the first place.
Okay, I'll have to check it. It is possible that I have saved it in the wrong format and left it in the folder, but IIRC Djenne did work for me the last time. I'll have to check. Thanks for the report. :thumbsup:

Yeah, so if you just delete the .txt from the end of the file it should be functional again.

Ok, but will have to nerf the mosque, since desert already has yields.
The python code is a one time thing. It fires WHEN the wonder is built and increases the yields. Activating the code later will do nothing.

The python code is a one time thing. It fires WHEN the wonder is built and increases the yields. Activating the code later will do nothing.
I guessed that already, I meant in modmod they have 1 hammer 1 coin instead of nothing.

So what do you suggest? I don't get it :confused:
Nothing, all is fine. Good, that missing effects are going to be back. Btw, was raze&fortify one of them? Cause it's broken and I remember it working on one of the previous patches.

Last edited:
safari guide tourist trip give me more :science: (+50 x 18 cities = 900:science: , or in other words 1/3 of my science points) then my resarch labs or obserwatory buildings (+12:science:obserwaotry, +23 :science: science lab)
Screenshot_4.jpg

Last edited:
safari guide tourist trip give me more :science: (+50 x 18 cities = 900:science: , or in other words 1/3 of my science points) then my resarch labs or obserwatory buildings (+12:science:obserwaotry, +23 :science: science lab)View attachment 636062
Be happy to have such a good sponsor [pimp]

But to be precise, Safari Guide is not giving you a lot of :science: but a lot of :commerce: which YOU turn into :science:
Set your :science: slider to 0 and it will look different. But you already know that.

I've been playing and debugging a bit: I've updated the CoM PerfectWorld script to run faster, and some tweaks for better map generation (I'll attach if you'd like to include)

I've also solved the issue of Colonists and Pioneers not generating upgraded cities, see attached RoMEventHandler file. I've tried to create the upgraded cities taking into account the CoM buildings available, feel free to tweak though (all in the def onCityBuilt() function)

Other bugs I'm trying to figure out:
  1. Bridges are backwards: RR bridges for roman roads and vice versa
    - I've found I can swap the nif definitions for the routes and it fixes it, but only sometimes. I can't definitively figure out where it's defining the nif and what art it is using...

2. Towns don't upgrade to suburbs, just loops the counter, remains town
    - I can't find anywhere that's stopping this, the XML is defined correctly it seems. Maybe something in the dll?

3. When changing from guilds to another civic, guild halls remain active
    - This one baffles me as well, when switching away from Guilds, all the guild halls remain active. XMLs seem correct though.

4. Slavery: slaves on 100% of victories, and continue for rest of game (even when slavery not active)
    - another tough one, don't even know where to start. Python handler for slave capture maybe?

5. City razing/conquering well-known problem

6. When option for "Hide obsolete worker options" is activated, workboat missions are all messed up (ferry versions aren't always shown, older versions remain later in tech tree, etc)
    - I need to find in the BUG python files where these button displays/hides are handled. The worker options are correct, but the work boat ones need reworking.

7. Dynamic Civ naming: should be based off "state" civic: Chiefdom, City State, Kingdom (monarchy), Empire, Republic, Commonwealth (maybe? Colonial), Federation. It's odd to have it based on # of cities and have an "empire" in 1000BC with only 3-4 cities. And not see any "Kingdoms" when all the civs are running monarchy.
    - I found the function in the python files, just need to take the time to modify it to match CoM and map sizes, civics, etc.

Attachments

• CoM_PerfectWorldS.py.txt
    336.5 KB · Views: 10
  • RoMEventManager.py.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 7
CoM PerfectWorld What's better than CoM_PerfectMongoose ? Why did you decide to take this particular script?

I played around with the script CoM_PerfectMongoose a little bit, after some small changes it seems to me that, including Geo Qiw 3 and Climate Qiw 2 you can achieve the most realistic result that can give any of the map scripts.

Spoiler :
1660559336514.png

Is it possible to do something with Rebel mod? It seems strange to me that a city with a population of 5 people gives an army of 120 power points in the aggregate. This is an army for a regional state, not a separatist rebellion in a mediocre town.

Top Bottom