Chronicles of Mankind

So here's a question I'd like some help with:
I want to add an oil based company and I'm struggling with finding a good name.
My rule with company names is this:
It needs to have some connection to the civ franchise (e.g. Sid's Sushi, Morgan Energetics, etc)
AND/OR
It has to be funny, meme like (e.g. Burgerworld, Wonka, etc)

So the ideas I have so far:
-Oil The Way
-Oil Way Long

Oilpha Centaury

sOILren (johnson)
:goodjob: Haha! These are funny indeed.

But in the meantime I rediscovered an old idea that I like:

Octan from Lego :D
It already has a logo and even a slogan:
Spoiler :

But thanks for the ideas :)
And I still need help with another one:

I think I need an alcohol corporation too.
I already have "Beer With It" but i don't like it so much :rolleyes: It's more like a slogan than a company name.
Maybe "BeerCubs" if there isn't anything better.

Thanks for thinking with me :)

I think I will go for Prancing Pony Pubs. It's as good as Wonka Confectioneries in the sense of a reference. I also like it because it sounds innocent and family friendly and the 3 P-s also rhyme well. I may even add Green Dragon Taverns as a competitor :D

i wonder - does the ai use it?
It may be surprising but it does :D
...well, it has no other choice.
I mean, it always chooses from the civics available, whether they are blocked by techs or other civics.

I am basically done with designing the new corporation relations. As the chart below shows I have organized them into groups. Every corporation inside a group competes with every other one and outside competitors are connected via lines; except for Industry, they don't automatically compete with each other. And Prancing Pony is an outsider for all.
My goal was to have all corporations a balanced number of competitors.Still there are a few with only 2 competitors and some with even 7 but most have 4 or 5, which is very good at this amount of corporations :)

1675075222888.png

I'm also done with some of the yield/commerce part.

incompatibilities (like Liberal vs Intolerant
Sounds like you haven't been on the internet for some time :lol:

What do you mean? :confused:
Turns out there's a whole book on the topic:

And to not be accused again on offtopic:
I suggest the "Difficulty Increasing with Empire Size:" should be a toggleable option. While I understand your reasoning for having said feature, I find it's effects not that realistic (ehh, check the real world...), but that's my own preference :)

P.s. And nice to see your fast reply :thumbsup:

Turns out there's a whole book on the topic:
So it isn't related to the present topic. I am not going to get involved IRL politics but let me just quote an old teacher of mine:
"If you are so tolerant, than you have to tolerate that don't tolerate this." - I think it's genius :D

And to not be accused again on offtopic:
I suggest the "Difficulty Increasing with Empire Size:" should be a toggleable option. While I understand your reasoning for having said feature, I find it's effects not that realistic (ehh, check the real world...), but that's my own preference :)
It's actually a good point! I'll see if I can make it optional or not but now it's on my TO DO list :)

P.s. And nice to see your fast reply :thumbsup:
I still have the habit of sleeping some times though :lol:

Hi, I recently installed your mod and have enjoyed a lot. But, I found out that there is no state religion icons in scoreboard and info screen, which shows civics of civs. How can it be fixed? Thanks!

Hi, I recently installed your mod and have enjoyed a lot.
Thanks! :hatsoff:

But, I found out that there is no state religion icons in scoreboard and info screen, which shows civics of civs. How can it be fixed? Thanks!
I guess you are using Steam, right? You have to roll back your game to the previous version. I don't use steam but there is a setting to go back to non-steam version.

Top Bottom