• Udal: Build other - specify

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Upps: Build dip

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Upps: Build temp

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Upps: Build other - specify

• Build Whale city ASAP on mountain SW of fish (2 specials)

• Build Whale City ASAP on plains SE of whale (1 special)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • We demand the military plan to defend our province from invaders

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Disband Roskilde ASAP before it grows again.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Explore the area between LC and FA in case of alien settlements

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayne

Emperor
CJ. Settler in 11. Grow in 7
MT. Caravan in 1. Grow in 7. Temple already agreed upon
LC. Dip already agreed upon Grow in 22
FA. Caravan in 4. Grow in 22.
Rosk. Settler in 17. Grow in 6. Hire Elvis every other turn to balance growth/hunger and prevent growth
Dell. Diplomat in 4. Grow in 26.
Ren. Diplomat already agreed upon Grow in 23
Udal. Archer in 3. Grow in 21.
Upps. Legion in 3. Grow in 13.

Whale City recount (a la Florida!) as there seems to be controversy surrounding the outcome! See Whale City poll to vote on which settler to utilise.

The Udal trireme is near Hladir.

Poll open 4 days

I must study this later.

Monks Towne is an ideal site to build Settlers. We already have 11 Temples. That means 11 of our 23 cities are poised for growth, seems plenty. We will do well to order the rest to build Settlers, Caravans, and Diplomats.

Fort Anarchy needs a Road on the Grassland it is working.

Legendary City, Dip or Caravan? Not sure. What would we do with the Dip? It will be best to have a clear idea what is the mission of each Diplomat we build. While we need many, all other production could best serve us as Caravans. Resolving the Barbs will break our treasury. We won't be buying a Viking city anytme soon.

Ren will grow in 12 with Grassland River serfs, recommended.

A wild thought. How about another Settler from Roskilde before the final one? Please reflect and/or download the game to decide.

The LC dip was originally intended to sail in the trireme. Even if it doesn't, it may be useful as a guard, as LC is possibly a front line attack point from the Indians. It could always be re-posted to Whale City, when built.

MT was choosen to build a temple in the previous turn, probably because of the young lady in the pointy black hat in the population window!

Anyone wishing to object to any of these previously polled build queues, please post here!

Chryshe Military Position

News of the fall of Octavia's Point has reached Chryshe, and people are worried. They are wondering if they would survive a similar attack!

CJ: Phalanx posted outside. Moving phal inside doesn't affect WLTQD. Also supporting archer outside Udal.
MT: Supporting archer in LC. No defense within one turn of MT!!.
LC: Guarded by phal and MT archer. Supporting archer near proposed Whale City sites. To build dip next.
FA: No guard. Supporting legion outside Udal (one turn away)
Rosk: Guarded by Dellham legion. Supported archer and phalanx near Udal.
Dell: Two fortified archers and Udal phalanx in city. Dips near Ebor and Viborg. Building third dip.
Ren: Phal and warr fortified. Horse near Viborg. Building dip.
Udal: Unguarded but CJ archer and FA legion posted outside. Phal in Roskilde. Building archer.
Upps: Archer fortified. Building legion.

Please comment:
Any towns which need more defence?
Any towns which need dip guard?
Any towns which need offensive units?
Any surplus units which could be rehomed/sent to Boreum/sent to war?
Any areas which need a guard/patrol? (eg end of peninsula near Lahore, area between LC-MT-FA)

Do you want to bribe alien units? Attack them? Leave them and let them commit suicide by attacking our defensive units? Make peace? Declare war? Send dips to bribe cities so units become ours anyway?

Jayne, the CJ Phalanx is a good one! Move back in, I concur.
MT, FA, no guard is ok. But a Dip in the Hills is needed defense.
One Dellham Archer is available, ship to Uppsala. Dip in 4.
LC to build Guard Dip, yes.
Udal Guard, move either unit in and fortify.
Roskilde, Er, is building Settler. On/Off Whale seems like a plan.
Ren, could it build a Caravan instead of Dip? And FA?
Monks Towne, we REALLY need Settler after Caravan.

I'd love to have Monk's Towne build a temple and grow. However, there are some reasons why we might consider delaying this. First, the temple doesn't allow growth to 3 without another police unit (maybe not a problem with Mike's coming soon?). Second, we do need more settlers, especially after the loss of OP. Third, MT is able to generate good food surpluses to recover population.

Monk's Towne was recognized long ago as a potential 'settler factory'. Now that we have a greater need for settlers, we should consider changing course to meet the need.

Military plan to stop invaders?
Put at least one defensive unit in each city before any other build.

I agree with the majority here: we need settlers!
We're going to found whale city and plain filler soon and we need to keep on improving land so I think it's a necessity to, at least, build 2 or 3 settlers.
MT seems to be a suitable place to support a few settlers so let's build a few there.

The result of the MT build queue poll was Sett:3 Dip:2 Temp:6. Anyone wishing to change their vote post here.

GaryNemo (9:55 AM) :
I'm going to reboot shortly, thought I'd chat a minute first. Happy with the new plans?
Jayne (9:56 AM) :
Everything seems OK. I can go along with the suggestion of using the Neuma settler for Whale City
GaryNemo (9:56 AM) :
Since Neuma has no Temple, we'll leave it that way. Ditto Monks Towne, methinks.

GaryNemo (9:57 AM) :
Glad you are Magic Minister, Chryshe Governor and General, too!
Are you hoping I write Topic #2, Moving to Republic? Or can it wait... Soon we will have enough Dips. Maybe 1-3 more after this round, to saturate our land.
Jayne (9:59 AM) :
My General plans are a bit vague. I also feel Chryshe is too big to be able to poll on all possible options, which is why I use 'other' option a lot. I think it may be time to considered a fourth province on the mainland.
I'm still concentrating most on Magic. I voted Inv-Rep-Gravity, then Economics and Medicine

GaryNemo (10:01 AM) :
Your Science Poll reveals your genius at organization. I just asked StevieP if he would be another Governor... Yes, the Science will work well. If you look at my Gotm Logs, you can see my plan. Mike's, Republic, Leonardo, Explosives, Farmland. With variation -- We will need Magellan.
Jayne (10:02 AM) :
I saw Civ1 say he'd be Governor, but I think he specified the islands
GaryNemo (10:03 AM) :
Which just shrunk. I will ICQ chat with him about being Governor. StevieP isn't responding.
Jayne (10:04 AM) : I've not seen him online today. He might be busy with work

GaryNemo (10:08 AM) : Sorry, I was on the phone.
Anything else? I'll post this in 10 minutes in Chryshe Thread...
Jayne (10:09 AM) : I don't think there's anything else.

Rout's comment on military guards is a good one. Also, we have inland cities such as LN Neuma MT FA that need no guard. A network of Roads and Diplomats makes the most productive guards.

I had voted for a temple in MT originally and would now change my vote to settler. Perhaps it is too late to re-poll this now.

Don't fret. I still need to vote on this one.
Anyone object to Monks Towne, Caravan in 1 (for Marco's?), then start a Settler for much needed work? Mike's is coming, so half our cities need irrigation. Plus - We Need More Cities!

It's tough to give up on your own personal Temple, I can imagine. Another few centuries, surely.

Beginning now, we can plan to build a Settler, that may irrigate to provide its own food, then do other work, etc.

Methinks Udal and Upps should build military units first,
then temples

I have no objection to more military, just a question. What would we do with them? We already have an FA Legion and DH Archer ready to ship North. Uppsala barracks is building a Vet Legion, and can continue building veteran units nonstop, seems to me; next, a Crusader. Otherwise, sell the barracks. Below I recommend we switch Udal Archer to become a Settler - Udal is already supporting the Trireme. Viborg Dip move S and hope to bribe a None coming from Viborg. Trireme could be back at Udal in 5 turns to pick up more units.

I see the Udal Settler, S of Bananas.
Would this Road be better placed SE of Bananas?

I love doughnuts, and Octavian loves my plans. Tit for Tat. I assume Octavian, you mean you like the Diplomats and Settler irrigation, a general plan. The Filler cities are more of a shock, so next turn I will be specific about each Filler recommendation.

Our military defense plan can be Diplomats. They require no support until needed, move quickly, and Barbs can always be bribed cheaply, invaders too. DH is building a guard Dip. If Monke wants another Dip, let Reneaux build it (else Caravan). I voted so:

Build Whale City ASAP on plains SE of whale, Neuma Settler.
  First Road to City site would be prudent.
Fort Anarchy: build other - Caravan after Caravan.
  FA is caravan 31/50 in 4. The DH Dip in 4 will guard.
  FA supports a Legion, near Udal, could ship North.
  FA needs a Road on Pure Green where the serf works.
Dellham: build Caravan after the Dip in 4.
  Serfs to River Grassland, grows in 9 turns.
Udal: build other - Settler in 7 Right Now.
  Settler begins by irrigating for its own serfs.
Uppsala: build other - Crusader after Legion.
  Send Settler, Road Irrigate GLS, so serf onto Iron.
Explore the area between LC and FA in case of alien settlements
  Send the DH Dip in 4 turns.

Found Fruit City, start a Trireme.
LC to build Guard Dip, yes.
Udal Guard, move either unit in and fortify.
Roskilde Settler. On/Off Whale seems like a plan. Or we could build one more Settler, defer the whole thing, and disband on the Next Settler. Not sure.

Ren, could it build a Caravan instead of Dip? And FA?
Monks Towne, we REALLY need Settler after Caravan.

Notice, I recommend No Temples. Settler, Dip, else Caravan.

Looking at the vote, I see Fort Anarchy Diplomat and Dell Caravan. Notice I recommend switching that, so the Diplomat is completed sooner. FA already supports a War Legion; let's put it on continuous Caravan duty, and get a Road built for its serf. A larger concern is Udal Temple. A Settler is much preferred - otherwise we'll build another Archer to support, then a Temple, then the city will stop growing. Mike's is coming. Change Udal Archer to Settler, and after that build a Caravan. Also, more people need to vote for "Build Whale City ASAP on plains SE of whale". It is productive to avoid Mountains, Jungles and Swamps.

Chat w Mr President re: Vikings

MonkE (8:25 AM) :
We have enough $ for IPRB and Barbs. Not enough for Vikings.
GaryNemo (8:26 AM) :
The Vikings will have to wait. See my Chryshe plan? Maybe bribe a None, at large expense, but I rarely care how $much for a None.
GaryNemo (8:26 AM) :
If Viking is on Green, closer to Viborg, it will become a None.
Jungle and Plains is too close to Uppsala.
MonkE (8:27 AM) :
S of Viborg? Does that seem likely? Maybe further N. A unit could move closer to Uppsala in one turn.
GaryNemo (8:28 AM) :
Well, I am Chicken Little. I would pull all units back south, Dip, Horse, and Trireme.
MonkE (8:28 AM) :
They were moving N to explore. After all, we're technically at peace with the Vikings.
GaryNemo (8:29 AM) : True. Not sure.
MonkE (8:29 AM) : As long as the horsemen stay out of city radii ...
Although they could expel the dip to RC.
GaryNemo (8:30 AM) :
How about, 1 unit North, one South? What if Vikings have Dip that bribes us!?
MonkE (8:30 AM) :
Always a possibility. Best if they bribe a unit rather than a city.
MonkE (8:31 AM) :
Vikings were listed as 6. Pathetic in the Happy Civs notification.
GaryNemo (8:31 AM) : Not sure what that means...
MonkE (8:32 AM) : We've hurt them badly.
GaryNemo (8:32 AM) :
They are hurting, yes, but therefore not happy? A mystery to me.
GaryNemo (8:33 AM) :
Gotta go soon. I'll post the first half of this in Tax Poll, Second half of chat in Chryshe. Ok? Anything else?
MonkE (8:33 AM) :
They have at least 3 cities, probably on the edge of disorder like most of ours.
MonkE (8:34 AM) : Ok, post at will.

Top Bottom