Chryshe 660AD

How shall we manage our vast Chryshe assets?

• Approve plans to complete vital connecting Road FA to MT

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Approve plans to rehome units for Republic

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Approve plans to prepare sending forces to India

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Dellham: Settler in 4, then Diplomat (R)

• Dellham: Settler in 4, then Caravan

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Reneaux: Caravan in 4, next another Caravan

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Reneaux: Caravan in 4, next Diplomat

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Monks Towne: Temple in 2, then Settler

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Monks Towne: Temple in 2, then Dip or Caravan or unit

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Legendary City: Another Caravan in 7.

• Legendary City: Start something else, Dip? see post.

• IWC: Continue Trireme in 12, seems needed? (R)

• IWC: Switch to Diplomat?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IWC: Switch to Unit (Phx Archer Legion Crusader)?

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Viborg: Switch Dip to Settler, IPRB $4 ? (R)

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Viborg: Continue Dip? (in 8?)

• FA Hill Legion: S to rehome in Elysium, ship to India (R!)

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • FA Hill Legion: continue to waste on Hill near Udal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Udal Settler: approve plans to irrigate then found Plains Filler

• Udal Settler: well, see my post

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
Priorities: Viborg growth crisis, Prepare for Republic, Connecting Road from FA to MT, Diplomats, Military to India, then Settlement in India.

This is, of course, monstrous. But the choices seem few, to me. I believe everyone will vote for the first 3 approvals. Following that, the first choice of each topic generally is the detail to implement those plans, and continue growth and expansion of productivity.

Dellham: Settler 12/40 in 4, then what? Diplomat.
  FC Settler, build Road Bridge S of Dellham.
  In 4, DH Settler irrigate Grassland River here.
Reneaux: Hides Caravan 30/50 in 4, grows in 2 ok
  Needs more irrigation, eventually 3rd Police, etc...
Monks Towne: Temple 35/40 in 2, then Settler?
Legendary City: Caravan 0/50 in 7 (Rule of 28 $4)
  Temple, 3.BlackDudes, 2 police, 1 working, grows in 10 ok.
  Needs irrigation, already supports Trireme.
  TFalls Settler: NW irrigate Plains, then SE I Oasis.
IWC: Trireme 6/40 in 12, seems needed for India and S Elysium Island.
  Too bad the Russians don't seem to build Roads...
  with Fish and No Green, no Settler here, ok?
Castle Jayne: Dye Caravan 14/50 in 9, Or Recommended:
  IPRB=20 $4 IPRB=30 $4, Caravan in 7.

Viborg: Diplomat 8/30, IPRB $4, switch to Settler, Forest Elvis!
Uppsala: Crusader 4/40 in 7 (IPRB=10 $4) grows in 1 ok
V2: Settler 3/40 in 11, build Road to Upps NW W N
  This Settler can make Uppsala Iron useable.

Udal: has Trireme war unit. FA can assume support of Phx there.
  forest serf to Road, Settler in 10 w 23 Food, perfect.
  Settler finished Mine. SW SW Irrigate, N found PF (W W of DH)
  Settler 10/40 in 8.
Fruit City: Having built V2, no longer a problem.
  Settler 10/40 in 10 (Grows to Whale in 5)
  That Settler SW Irrigate, then grow. Temple?
  Name: Banana Bay.
  Note Udal and Fruit have Archer guards, Legion is 3rd wheel.
Routskilde: Crusader 6/40 in 9, grows in 5 (to Whale)
Fort Anarchy: Rehome Udal Phx here.
  Move Legion S to rehome in Elysium, ship to India.
  Ren Settler SW SW charge, S Road.

Beads Caravan 10/50 in 8.
  2.BlackDudes, Phx Police not needed until grows in 16

That resolves Viborg and Republic. Legion prepared for shipment to India. Ren Settler continues life of work, building vital connecting Road FA to MT. There appears little to vote on here, Dellham must next build a Diplomat. Please study and comment. Vote so MonkE can make his last glorious move Saturday evening.

How about some city improvements for dellham, ren and MT?
Libraries, marketplace + such-like?

I see everybody except me has approved plans to send forces to india. Are we using these forces to attack indian cities? I must have missed this plan, since I thought we were going to wait until we have metallurgy, the vikings were gone and our republic had been established?
On the other hand I have nothing against attacking the indians:)

I only want to establish a city there. The City site is from Legendary City, Plains SW SW SW W W, see it? The Indians are now distracted by their Spanish War.

Two Phx, a Legion and a Dip would be enough comfort for me to build a city. I am planning to send the Legion over, because it's a problem for Republic, and also now idle.

Check the new Elysium University Poll, and the Civil Disorder thread, where I bring up the $tremendous potential of trading with them. We need Cannon to really attack, methinks.

Okay, got it. Sending military and forces to india sounded a bit dramatic to me, but I see now it's for defence purpose:)
Of course we need military over there, but the spot is pretty isolated from the indians. If they get to the city we need offensive defence rather than defensive defense. If we place an offensive unit (catapult or crusader preferably) and a phalanx/warrior, they'll have a hard time capturing the city. They don't have any chance from sea to attack, and from land we can easily kill anything arriving there with the offensive unit. I doubt the AI arrives with many units at the same time in different squares, and if they do we will have time to buy an offensive unit more before they capture it. A diplomat wouldn't hurt though:)
We need Cannon to really attack, methinks.
and the expiration of the Great Wall:)

Indeed sending forces to India doesn't mean we're going to attack them any time soon but eventually we will take them out! :D
It is important though to use as much available land as possible. Every city with a certain amount of trade means money and science and we'll never have enough of those! ;)

BTW I hope that the Indians won't get agressive towards the new city, it's quite hard to defend: troops come over the hills and have a defensive bonus when located on the hills. Just another reason to found the city unseen by the Indians. They'll see it when they'll sail past it someday. :lol:

"Two Phx, a Legion and a Dip would be enough comfort for me to build a city. I am planning to send the Legion over, because it's a problem for Republic, and also now idle. " -GaryNemo

The city can be secure as follows: Phx or something, perhaps the Legion at first, on S Center Mtn. Dip and unit on Forest, perhaps Western Forest with view of 2 Rivers. These could even be fortresses within 3 squares of our City, but perhaps not needed. And a guard unit for the city itself, required.

We seem to have a good relationship with the Indians at the momment and we probably want to keep it that way until we have our Sneaky Indian City up and running and have chance to get some dips over towards Calcutta (home of King Richard!). I think to begin witht the Indians are going to be too busy with the Spanish.

But here's a question...... we are not under any immediate threat from the Spanish ourselves. How would we feel about declaring war against the Spanish if we needed to to keep the Indians happy? (I wouldn't suggest doing it with the Vikings as they'll be toast soon anyway)

Good idea! But only if the Indians ask for it.
I don't care what the Vikings think of us as they'll be dead soon. I'd rather remain friends with an unknown power than with an empire that clearly is no threat to us. :D

Civ1 wrote: Good idea! But only if the Indians ask for it.
That's what I was thinking. I felt we didn't want to provoke an attack from an empire which would otherwise leave us alone, just for the sake of not declaring war on someone who is no threat to us.

For the time being the Indians and Vikings are between us and the Spanish so when we've expanded our empire (or they have expanded) we can always reconsider our stance on the issue.
For now Indians are friends and the Spanish are not a factor to take into account. This can switch around rather quickly when the Indians start to become trouble and the Spanish become our friends and trading partners. :D

I seriously doubt the Indians will ask us to cancel peace with the Spanish. If it bothered them at all, why would they so easily become 'Worshipful'? It is more likely that they would accept an alliance if we asked, but I'd prefer to avoid that (they will ask us for help). If we wish to back away from peace with the Spanish anyway, we should start demanding tribute.

Top Bottom