Church Of Giruvegan

This evening I received the following report from one of our loyal members:

I know little of the land I am in. It is desolate, lacking in color, and harsh. I'm sure you share my optimism with that statement. What better place to find a dead city than a dead land?

Although I do find the desolace of this land disturbing. Surely they would have attempted to return their homeland to it's former glory? It is what many of us would have done.

Regardless, I have found something that will strongly interest you. My apprentice is instructed to give it to you with this letter
Introducing the Gambit Event System
Church members will now be able to choose "gambits." These are merits that define the primary character of a church member. Please choose the gambit that most signifies what type of RP character you are going to play.

Loyal
Adventurous
Intellectual
Leader

These gambits will be used to earn Prestige, Currency, or Spheres. How will they be used? Randomly I will create a random event (like above). Each event will correspond to a particular gambit. If your gambit aligns with that event then you earn a random number of Prestige, Currency, or Spheres. These three "points" will be the primary form of advancement within the church. Earn enough prestige and you may get promoted. Don't feel like waiting? The church isn't above accepting cold hard cash for a position. Spheres will, at this moment, be completely useless.

I ask that all church members send me a PM with the gambit they wish to align themselves to. The first event (above) corresponds to all of the gambits; so each player we receive 2 prestige and 5 Currency to begin.

oh I had an idea. What if, as the game progresses, we "find and explore" the lost city of Giruvegan through random events?

oh I had an idea. What if, as the game progresses, we "find and explore" the lost city of Giruvegan through random events?

Don't get ahead of me here ;).

Announcement from the Zodiark
We have received an artifact that I believe was once contained within the walls of Giruvegan. All of the church's philosophers and thinkers are ordered to aid in the research of the artifact.

(Intellectual Gambits +10 Prestige +2 Currency)

Changes to the Church's Positions
The Church is being restructured into 3 orders. The Seraphs, The Corrupted, and The Keepers.

Seraphs
The Seraphs are the meditative, peace-keeping, and diplomatic order of the church.

Order of Progression
Zealot
Judge (100/60)
Judge Advocate (150/90)
Celebrant (225/150)
Seraph (400/250)
High Seraph (N/A)

The Corrupted
The Corrupted are the "go to" order of the church. They carry out many important tasks.

Order of Progression
Zealot
Cleanser (100/60)
Crimson Guard (150/90)
Celebrant (225/150)
Abyssal Celebrant (400/250)
Emet-Selch (N/A)

The Keeper's
The militaristic and strong-arm of the church.

Order of Progression
Zealot
Guard (100/60)
Soldier (150/90)
Precepts Protector (225/150)
Seeker (400/250)
Keeper of Precepts (N/A)

---------------------

The numbers in parenthesis represents the amount of Prestige/Currency required to earn/buy a higher position. Members can belong to multiple orders. All ranks require that the rank below is already obtained.

Shattered's position has been changed from Corrupted to Emet-Selch. Other than myself he is the highest ranking member. He has the ability to hand out prestige at his discretion (although subject to my vetos).

Gambit System Notes
Factions may now earn Currency, Prestige, and Spheres. Faction leaders need to PM me a gambit to use.

Spheres Described
Spheres are considered to be "artifacts" of the church. They will give the holder a random benefit if the correct actions are taken. The only current sphere holder (other than the church itself) is civplayah.

Spheres will be available for sale (at a large price) or can be earned. However I don't plan on using them at the moment.

Azelas
Azelas is the first church game using the gambit system. The game is meant to be enjoyable, but not time consuming.

Each player places an entrance fee of 5 currency. This earns them the following 5 tokens:

Gurt-Kul (Earth)
Emhet (Wind)
Jutik (Water)
Virsk (Ice)
Firjest (Fire)

Each token is capable of "dominating" the next token in the list (Virsk dominates Jutik; Firjest dominates Gurt-Kul). Additionally each token beats the token two bwlow it (Jutik beats Firjest; Gurt-Kul beats Jutik).

So how is the game played?
Each player chooses which order they wish to play their tokens. The first set played are compared against each other. "Dominating" another players token earns the player 2 points. Beating another players token earns the player 1 point. The player with the highest score at the end of the game wins 90% of the jackpot from registration. The second place finisher earns the remaining 10%.

-----------------

Additional Announcements
The first game of Azelas will be free of charge. PM me your token order. You have until this Friday.

I am looking to name our currency. Using just "currency" is tiring, but I lack a decent name for it. PM me all suggestions.

I have a question about the game. You said that each token dominates the next token, but your examples include Virsk >> Jutik, which is going "upwards," and Firjest >> Gurt-Kul, which is "downwards." Which way is it supposed to be? Or is it both?

Downwards, I believe, AlKnight. By the way, Strider, I have sent you a PM for my joining of the church but recieved no answer yet. I have chosen Leadership as my trait. I will take part in the first game of Azela but needs an opponent.

I have a question about the game. You said that each token dominates the next token, but your examples include Virsk >> Jutik, which is going "upwards," and Firjest >> Gurt-Kul, which is "downwards." Which way is it supposed to be? Or is it both?

Downwards. Sorry that was a mistake on my part.

Downwards, I believe, AlKnight. By the way, Strider, I have sent you a PM for my joining of the church but recieved no answer yet. I have chosen Leadership as my trait. I will take part in the first game of Azela but needs an opponent.

Azelas can be played with as many players as accepted. The first round is, of course, free. I will also do a few additionally "private" rounds for free if requested. Otherwise the "official" game costs 5 currency. You many also request a private game that contains a larger pot.

Also you are in the database as a member.

I have a question. How are there still Guardians of the Holy Realm when those don't exist anymore?

I have a question. How are there still Guardians of the Holy Realm when those don't exist anymore?

Because I haven't updated the first post yet.

I've been keeping everything inside of a database on my computer. That is fully updated.

Azelas Results:
Civplayah: 4
AluminumKnight: 2
Diamondeye: 6

For partcipating in the "trial" round all of the players receive 5 additional currency (which I'm still looking for a name for). Diamondeye also receives an additional 5 prestige for winning.

---------

I have received information that brave members of the church are attempting to found a New Giruvegan. These adventurous zealots has the full support and respect of the church.

(Adventurous +10 prestige)

After many long hours our philosophers have deciphered the meaning behind the artifact. It appears to be an account of the journey after the destruction of Giruvegan. While many parts appear to be incomplete we have decoded the following:

They are vipers these [indecipherable]. Scorpions they prey on the innocent and refuse to engage our warriors. All except Bergan have abandoned us to this wasteland. It would appear our gods [What gods? Perhaps the scions? Bergan was the Scion of Fortitude while the ancient city existed] have become even more destroyed than ourselves.

Regardless if these damnable [remaining paragraph indecipherable].

Judith lost both of her sons [remaining sentence indecipherable]. We found their bodies butchered. It amazes me that such savages still exist. I had heard stories, but had always imagined them as such. If we do not find some way to force them back we will be destroyed within the week.

[Next few paragraphs are indecipherable]

Surely we will all die in this desolate wasteland. Our choice seems limited to dehydration of Babylonian.

We know that the scions disappeared after Giruvegan was destroyed, but it would seem that at least one stayed behind. Is he still among us? Or did he follow the others? The church's thoughts on this would be much appreciated. (Hint: I've been purposely keeping you guys in the dark. Some questions may allow you do garner some additional information).

Maybe this language uses "pictures" to describe it's foes? I cannot imagine a civilization ruined by vipers and scorpions... It must be some sort of "pictural" speech of their enemies.

Also, I am puzzled by the mention of "Babylonian", which bears much to resemblence to the empire of Lincoln, called Babylonia.

This line intrigues me: "Our choice is limited to dehydration of Babylonian." What does this mean? What choice was there in the first place?

It would appear that Giruvegan was located in the desert near Babylon, and was destroyed by some sort of savage beasts or people.

Top Bottom