[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

Fippy

Mycro Junkie
Credits to Bspollux & Deckhand and their "Conquering the Hearts" sgotm, where i took some basic ideas from :)

We will play as Church of England, aiming to be char(ming)ismatic & protective on an Immortal difficulty BTS game (details like mods (BAT?), map type & other suggestions please discuss).

I plan using 6 AIs, 3 female & 3 male with those rules on a standard size map:

* we may never declare war on female leaders (cept as Vassal if we must attack a male master, see another rule below)

* should any of them DoW us, we can fight & take their cities. Cease fire & peace means we may not declare again, back to rule #1. We can not raze any of their cities.

* before winning the game, all 3 Ladies must be at least pleased towards us

* All must be alive, any destroyed female Civ = automatic loss

* we may never beg or demand from them, gifts are of course allowed ;)

* if any female leader asks us for war help against a male AI, we must accept (DoW).
If they ask us to stop trading with them, we must also accept

* we must decline such requests that involve 2 Ladies, charming Church would not betray one for another

* If any Lady asks us for techs, resis, switching Relis and so on we may decline (and live with their rage..)
That allows a bit more freedom, cos we already must join their wars or trade embargos.

* If 2 Ladies start fighting each other, Church cannot join one side.
We may bribe them off each other, if that's not possible and one of them gets destroyed..bad luck :)

* we may not vassal female AIs unless they ask us (so not via "defensive" wars).
Being asked for peace vassal would be a great honor for Churchie, AIs must bring up that window thou.

* Should any male AI vassal a Lady, we must break that before winning the game (we may declare war in this case, Church would be fuming with envy..of course that brings diplo problems).

* Churchie does not know much about this land, and starts totally clueless about the Lady's likes or dislikes (random personalities setting).

List of interested players
(signing up & then finding out you have no time later is okay, i prefer that over not signing up at all if you have doubts):

- Fippy (i must sign up for my own game after all ;))
- Gumbolt
- Gwaja (possible)
- Lymond

Last edited:
Oh I can just see it now. Let's see... for the ladies, I nominate Boudica, Cathy, and Isabella. NO HATTY and NO LIZ! ^_^

For the men, why.... of course Monty, Toku, and Shaka! ^_^

I'd love to participate, but I don't have a copy of Civ 4 yet. Will be tuning in though!

To Fippy: Would you like me to make you a map? ^_^

Sounds fun. Count me in.

What happens if one lady vassels anothers? Can we still win game with a female having a female vassel?

What if we are forced into war by the AP?? Guessing if member we would have to refuse any vote.

If we can't raze cities this means we can't capture any city that has not reached size 2 or it will auto raze.

Mostly looks solid rule wise.

Hmm i did put you on the list Choco, you could always join in later and Civ4 copies are essential ;)

I wanted to use random personalities, Hatty or Liz could also be Monty in disguise so i think that would not matter much (ofc Liz would also be english, so we should not put her in :)). Same for the guys.
Without random personalities we could create high tension ofc, but i think it's more interesting if it's random.
Best would be if someone creates a map who does not play, could make sure it's balanced.

Welcome fast Gumbobear, if 2 ladies create a vassal that's okay and can remain.
AP votes are a good point, i would say we must vote never if they go against 1 or more females. That's all we can do ~~
Okay with not auto-razing.

Not sure which version I use for civ 4. Some of the mods I can't load.

Probably Bug and Buffy for sgotm and so on ;)
Installing BAT is easy, BuLL also works fine, it's mainly for different graphics (nicer backgrounds for sure, the darker map can be a matter of taste) and so you can use settings like workers wait 1 turn before chops are complete (i cannot play without this :)).

I can only recommend installing BAT, it stays optional for your games but you can then use & load such saves.
For BuLL my experience is that i keep all my settings (like those worker chops) & graphics, when i load saves where no mod was used (or just Bug). BAT does not do that, it's an extra mod while BuLL is hmm..integrated.

I chatted with Gumbo, and we will start the game as 2 if needed.
Just in case somebody wonders if this will start, yup 99.99%.

Joining is possible now or later, as relaxed game there are few restrictions about when you can jump on board.
Caring about the game should speak for itself when joining late, but who wouldn't :)
Ofc we will be happy if we get more.

This could get interesting!!!

Oh..I'm in :banana:...just getting back from the Turkey Bird festivities and the Fam

Gwaja ..you must play! IV is 7 bucks on steam

I'm ready to charm some ladies :D

Welcome Lymo :banana:
(that smilie should dance lol)
oh it does, hmm did my browser not catch up ~~

I would not buy Civ on Steam tbh, can be too many problems from what i read.

Any ideas on map type yet?
I would think all on 1 continent, for the diplo reasons.
But something different than Pangea would be nice.

Last edited:
How 'bout something like Terra. could make for interesting things later in the game

(I actually just bought a Steam version as IV got all jacked up on my new machine/10 (especially the BAT mod which I can't live without), so thought I'd try a different vendor version. It does take some tweaking, but I have it running fine now, and strangely it seems to perform much better than my other version. No clue why but I'm not getting lag for hours..actually, none at all that I've seen...weird.)

Speaking of BAT..can we use it here? 'Bout time Gumbo took the BAT plunge

(you can link the mod in the announcement, but i'd suggest recommending installing the zip version if you run on 10)

Last edited:
Tested maps a bit more, most are huge on standard size lol.
Besides Terra, Ring would be my favorite so far.

I think using small maps setting + 6 AIs works best, example screenie
Spoiler :

Can see there's still plenty space, AI at bottom has nobody else around for most of this land + some occasional islands.
On standard size there would be ~15 peaceful cities average for everyone i think, on Terra maybe even more, a bit much?

Ring looks interesting. Pending how the ladies are spread. We don't want them fighting eachother to death before we get there. Cat fights can be bad.

Still need to look into BAT mod.

lol...there's no "looking into BAT mod", Gumbo...you've been saying that for years. You download it and install it in a few seconds and have done with it.

Do you ever ''look BAT and have regrets?'

Yeah been saying for years I would quit SGOTM games but it never seems to happen. :D

Old habits die hard.

Go go Gumbo, it's like a new experience with better graphics and stuff ;)

For the map, if there's nobody who sets it up for us i would make sure it's what we want.
No biggie, i would forget again what i see around the 2 AIs i might switch + with scouting none of that really matters anyways.
More important that we get something nice like lady - male - lady - male on Ring i.e.

Anything is fine ;)

Need to look at that link. Let me have a look now.

Top Bottom