[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

Looks like it has installed.

Okay, here's the start :)
Spoiler :
Second map i created, first had river gems, wet corn + cow + another food..too good ;)
That surely looks more challenging, not great but also not terrible.

Our settings
Spoiler :

I used small size, as explained in another post :)
There should still be plenty space, many map types create more land tiles than Pangea for example, Ring does.
Research will be a bit quicker, and i think we welcome that (more dynamic game overall).

AIs list: Cathy, Boudi & Isa for the ladies (as suggested by Gwaja ;)), and Justi, Qin & Genghis for the guys.
Tried mixing traits, Imp AIs usually do a bit better and Qin could steal wonders (also gives 1 protective AI).

I quickly checked for a lady - male - lady - male - lady ring (covered my eyes as much as possible, saw or cannot remember anything :)), and we got lucky..no changes needed, it's the turn 0 autosave.

Good luck, have funsies and remember you can still join us..!
(it's now officially a BAT game, make sure you check out Lemon's great mod if not done yet ~~).

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    19.1 KB · Views: 165
We have a game. Start looks average but we need a challenge.

Okay well let's do the warrior move, i doubt there are other options for him anyways. Pic
Spoiler :

Moving towards 1nw of our warrior would give some better land tiles (floodplains, river green hill, 3f spices and some silks for a better commerce cap), but loses clams. Could get lucky with seafood thou. Hmm :)

Attachments

• Church BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    18.9 KB · Views: 129
move the warrior 1NW..oops..too late ;)

That desert tile in the fog is strange. No river present but could be on the other side somewhere. Not sure if Ring has normal map generation. If FP then SIP is okay, but settling 1W may be better just for the Spice which will provide a bit more food and commerce later. I don't think we lose much either way, and that desert tile across the way is irrelevant (heck we could settle over there later for trade route) GLH could have value on this map I think. England sets up decently for early Sailing/Masonry route should we choose.

Oh..I see..I think you are suggesting 1NW of warrior...that could be better, but loss of clam would hurt. Potential for more seafood would be good and maybe we luck out on hidden resource.

I'm fine with that

Oh good eye on the desert tile, forgot about that one.
Must be either floodplains or Oasis yup, Ring generates normal maps (and usually very good ones too, i checked on several test games before setting ours up) so we would be veeery unlucky if it's desert (if even possible :)).

I think that makes SIP my favorite for now, floodplains or Oasis would do more for us early than Spices?

Yep i thought about moving on the other sea side, but if we get Oasis / floodplains with SIP too i would probably not do that.

I'm fine either way..guess we just wait for Gumbo's thoughts

Fine either way too, side note..i wonder if the blue circle stays at SIP cos the AI likes that mysterious desert tile somehow lol.
More than another Spices, often it values even calendar resis higher. More a general thought thou.

Sorry coming down with a temperature. See how I feel tomorrow.

Brits always getttin' sick...must be that weather :mischief:

Feel better

Yeah the timing of the fall in temperature and the cold weather seem to have a strong correlation here. I need to get to bed but no energy.

Yep desert to east is interesting.

Complicated start. If we beeline AH the worker will be sitting around for 7-8 turns? Of course he could be building mines before working the cows?? Or farm a flood plains?

The clams are a 4f resource. Not brilliant. Farming a flood plains provides same food as clams but less commerce. (Takes longer to farm FP.) We do have fishing. At present a 10 turn workoat does not look great as it saves 2 turns on worker albeit speeds up growth. Rather get the worker here. We could head for BW and chop workboat? Cows is a 4f2h. Best yield tile we have.

The blue circle could mean a resource on one of the plains? Copper or horse??

SIP is not bad albeit we lose a forest to chop. Will we really find a deer in the fog? Oasis maybe? Hmmm.

Bronzeworking first can also be okay with fishing + mining, yup.
Can grow to size 2 while slow-building a boat, then switch to worker and whip.

Further delays cows ofc, and would be aimed at getting an earlier settler with some chopping help. Usually there's an "easier" second city spot around :)

1w or SIP, Gumbo?
Maybe we should play a little rng game for that ;)

There's a number in each spoiler, say 1 or 2 without looking inside ~~

Are

you

sure..?

Spoiler :
SIP = 2

Spoiler :
1w = 1

Last edited:

Yeah, I figured we could do something with a WB at the start. BW seems a possibility. Having the seafood makes it viable, I think.

so you threw out the big move completely as an option

I guess one thing about 1W is it saves a forest

Yeah,I'd probably keep the warrior heading NW and maybe hop on that hill

I think we can stick with 1W. Ofc, Gumbo hasn't picked a number yet.

One thing about the big move is possible jungleeeeness

Top Bottom