[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

I have a bit of time now

hmm...not much to add on micros. I assume we'll build mainly farms for now on greens. I wonder about some of the artists being run in certain cities and whether that is needed. Also, should we be running an engineer in York, or work a farm.

what the heck is GK teching? I'd think he'd be teching Guilds, but he still does not seem close. He should be pleased soon I think with another tech trade and resi bonus

oh..we can trade Fish to GK for 1gpt

Well, this should probably be a break day, come to think of it. I should really move on to some stuff I have to do this evening.

Last edited:
Would need to look at some of these artists.

We have 5 cities running artists. Of which 3 have not yet reach 10 culture and 2 are in revolt still. Or are you saying we don't want border pops?

Switched York to Farm.

Traded for fish too.

From running bear to dancing bear to sleepy bear. Yet what nicknames shall we come up for Mylene. I ahve no idea.

Seems like today should be a rest day. I am incredibly tired too.

Last edited:
Sorry for not writing much, today i am more dreaming than doing anything after sleeping a bit early ;)

Hmm Coventry border pop is not terrible, gives another forest (okay in golden age).
Warwick should take stone this turn for a bit more hammers.
Newcastle can take London cottage, same value still as sea tiles there.
Antioch border pop useless, or hmm plains tile i forget we have no Rep (wrote merchant before, but gives only 1g more i think food better)

Would say ready for next turn, besides those little changes.
Could do the attack before stopping ~~

Genghis probably teching DR, or did you forget that's sooo typical him? :lol:

No need to upload new :)

Yup keep i guess, Boudi would settle there fast.
Maybe hill city as first defense might even get useful, with JC plotting at pleased rather often.

Nitey Gumbo

Last edited:
Okay. Was just washing up dishes but I can pause for these changes.

Editing up save now.

We have a GS. PP bulb at some point.

Okay lost 2 pults and both swords.

Justin dead and Spanish no longer in war mode. So she was plotting against Justin. Need to get to bed here. Have a good night all. Will edit up save tomorrow.

Yeah close border diplo points too soon. Might need to find a tech to gift at some point.

Attachments

• Church AD-0740.CivBeyondSwordSave
    223 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
My is Bear Princess (of the Warrior kind). Gumbo is Running Bear. And I'm Dances with Bears

You know, I was thinking about razing that city too. Boudi would resettle, and although she probably has some adjacent culture OF to that city, not much would exist to the W of it to contend with our cities I think. City aint worth all that much, but there is iron and it is coastal.

Not bad result really considering it was a hill.. Things can go bad sometimes with LBs in hill cities.

We may want to move that warrior from W over to Adria, as I think we want that cat for barb cities. We are out of cats now otherwise, no? Might want a couple of trebs at this point.

Ok..so GS...should we just bulb PP now and tech it now, then finish Astro. I was even thinking maybe holding Astro off and see what pops next, since decent probability for GS, but it appears we have too much beakers in Astro now for optimal bulb. We are getting 1848 beaks from GS right now, so too much for Astro part bulb.

Last edited:
Some thoughts, we should plunder many tiles now.
Esp. those that Boudi's Isca will culture soon, our units in Teo can help with that too.
It's nice that we have so many units ready & close for that.

Genghis is most certainly teching DR, Cathy not made progress on our techs so far.
I would say we can finish Astro normally, Lymo already wrote why.
Bulbing & spending 1 turn on printing press first makes great sense, improving our villages & towns.

Notre Dame not built yet, would be good for 80 hammers in Antioch?

Boudi would accept Nicomedia as liberate gift, we could plunder everything and do that.
Considering that, keeping the city was best for sure :)

Last edited:
Oh yeah liberate indeed, and if we liberate another we get an extra bonus (boudi island 2)

We could try holding off a bit to let culture stabilize. Teo had 50% barb culture.

Yes the first two phants had odds way under 32-50%. We got lucky on some of the combats for sure. We had very few full strength units.

Nothing wrong with keeping that city. Gifting could be a good idea. Need happiness with Celts.

Will post more later.

Sorry drifted today. Are you ready now?

Hastings - I allocated all the tiles back but it could run the 3f2c tile and York grab the farm.

Next GP is in Canterbury.

We have about 116 pop here. 1500+ (3x116)=1848 beakers to PP. PP is 2400. If we plan to gift the newly captured city then we should bulb sooner? Or wait for new cities?

I think getting all Ladies to friendly would of been a more interesting objective for this game. Easily possible.

Warwick needs a defender? Does galley give this?? Not sure if naval units work.

Hammers to Notradam could be good for antoich. We were also planning galleon here. Choices. We can probably whip a galleon anyway?

Thess will shrink this turn. Should add back oasis.

PP would give +13 commerce. I think Atronomy is still better here. PP is 1 turn to finish later.

We are almost out of gold here.

Need to plan which tiles to pillage near the captured city.

Last edited:
I would bulb now, PP gives a nice boost so not worth waiting.

Game went well with same Reli on Cathy & Izzy, but with a not great start (remember small London) friendly on all 3 looked like a maybe too demanding rule.

Warwick no defender need, war unhappy will go away next turn.
Thess not shrinking yet, Oasis next turn is good yep.

Medic mace can double plunder hamlet, for example plains hamlet bit east.
Other units can plunder 1 tile each, should have enuf. floodplain cottage too, Boudi's city will get that. Let's also plunder 1E of Nicea this turn.

Everything that Boudi's city will cover has priority ;)
Radius 3. Yup 2E of Teo too, all good gold.
+ hamlet east of Nicea cos of culture next turn.

Warwick switch to forge this turn :)

Yep good with failgold in Hun, our best builds currently (Notre Dame & UoS)

Gifting city this turn is good, keeps revolt so we can continue plunder anyways.
Yup all cities cost a bit gold (pop counts for Civics), also Boudi will be worst enemy of Isa next turn probably. We can avoid diplo hit if we gift now.

As with PP Gumbo, commerce gets many multipliers in London.
Probably better than hammers cos it's also 1 more food, and we will want whip overflow for Ox so food > hammers.

I checked, and sea tile gives 9 science.
Throws a new light on that :)

Nice plunder, a different use for armies ~~
Add Axe plunder 1E of Nicea :)

Just for learning value, finishing forges 1 turn later makes no big difference (if not hurrying whips during war or so). Overflow hammers get it's 25% bonus too.

Last i can think of is removing Newcastle Artist.

Last edited:
:banana:

Got back and it was imperative that I finish my war with the Ottoderps in EUIV. I'm checking in though. I assume that we will bulb PP and finish that now for the boost, no?

Ok..Ottos defeated.. Completely devoted to our game :D

I really need to remember more often to plunder crap in my games...I do sometimes, but My always remembers to grab the silly cottages.

Another thing Gumbo about PP, is we get the bonus and the tech OF back into Astro..so it really is barely a turn lost on Astro.

Why don't we hold onto the city for a few turns. Do we pay maintenance on it already?

Any reason not to run sea tile in London now or we just want to finish Forge faster

oh true..might as well then.

Gumbo..Warwick will have MS get Forge whip OF (nvm ..you were referring to another city I see)

You and your eagle eye again ;) Boudi WE is probably guaranteed now Justy is dead

Probably other ops to put hammers into MS before it is built in Warwick, but things like ND will go soon

although I don't the other changes, I think everything looks good.

Last edited:
Already bulbed it. I don't see 13 commerce a turn is worth delaying astronomy?

Didn't notice the huge war unhappiness. Should fix that.

Yep taken Oasis off.

Plunder Iron and cottage below it?
We also have a cottage 2e of the southern city that could be plundered.

Okay every unit has now pillaged.

Just a forest to chop which would go to Hun. More wonder hammers?

Unit in Nicea could pillage 2E. Would we ever run that plains tile? Unlikely. Might lose once city gifted.

Not yet gifted city yet!!

MS is also a good build if we plan to build it in Warwick.

Exactly so fail gold sooner. from MS? We can't whip Warwick till we change civics.

Warwick is on forge.

Forge 3vs 2 turns. Were not screaming for 3 commerce. Forge a turn sooner may easily repay that?

+6 with celts. Nicomedia is hers.

New save attached.

Axe switched. Sea tile worked. Any changes?

Switched to PP.

I think time to end turn. Trades for resources are limited and so are techs.

Last edited:
Okay new turn. ND and Sis Chapel has been built by Celts. Busy lady.

Pretty much everyone is worst enemy with Celts. Apart from Cathy. We are in the land of the peaceful.

Right more tiles to pillage.

Border pop in Nicea would be nice. 3 artists would be ample. We shrink anyway. Switched to all coast tiles.

Any tiles we don't want to pillage??

Attachments

• Church AD-0760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    223.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Funny, we got some hammers into ND just in time ~~

Ty ;) If we can get enuf gold, no turn lost on Astro (good call by Lymo!)

i would suggest this for Nicea
Spoiler :

You may wonder why no culture, i would say we want more time for pluuuunder ~~

I would say we pillage like pirates, everything but Rice, cows & dye :)

Small stuff, but we can get a bit gold for maps from Cathy, Genghis & Boudi.
Normally i would not bother, but we may need every bit for Astro in 3 turns.

3 pop in Warwick i think, cos we should also whip galley 1 turn before Astro.

Good point on Unis, let's give Hastings another farm from York to replace sea tile for a bit more growth. They are expensive.

Okay sure, nitey nite ;)

lol yup still win7 here too, very suspicious about newer versions..

Yup when i buy a new compi (hopefully some more years on this one), i will probably not get around win 10 so that's okay.
I only buy desktops, probably the minority by now ;)
Somehow i feel no desire to use tech when not at home, and prefer making my desktop place comfy so i also am not missing moving around much while playing or doing other stuff.

Yup if i had to travel much, would look different :)
Sleepy time, see you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good call, My ;)

Celts could become a big problem..it will be interesting to manage that

Boudi appears to still not be teching Edu or PP. I guess Cathy is going for Nat or DR.

Plunder!!!!

I'd say the tiles around Teo to the N and NW...some of those maybe contending with Boudi, but we probably want to irrigate through there anyway for the rice at some point. Nicaea cottages are all bollocks. City better with farms and workshops laster

Elie and Axe near Nic can knock out that Hamlet and go back into borders this turn

Cottage due E of Nople is probably good for an ole fashion plundering, as otherwise pretty worthless I think

Or Vikings :viking::viking:

Or better yet, everything E of Nople..except specials, ofc

Are we 4 popping or 3 popping Warwick...If 4 we can switch most hammers to sea tiles this turn..get more commerce and food (well, keep maybe 1 mine this turn)

It is late for you guys

Can you believe I've had my windows open for the last couple of days

Nites :viking: ;)

who said bailing?

wow..6 hours is about norm for me..or less

avg temp in DC this time is around 20 to 40. It's been in the 70s

Win 10 aint to bad really..a lot like 7 really..just bypass the whole win8 fiasco. Biggest pain probably is the integrate MS crap, but really all version have some of that.

7 was great though..should have just left it at that one and just improve with SPs, like they are doing with 10

Yeah, they said 10 is the last one...ofc..someday in the future I'm sure there will be some type of technology change ..so who knows....but I never want to get rid of my lappies

Oh desktops are great, but for my setup and the fact that I use the laps for my business. I would certainly love a good rig setup
although luckily not having to travel recently..I normally travel all over the States for bidness..heck practically lived in Colorado for a few years (oh..the skiing)

see ya;)

Last edited:
I will just plunder everything east of Nicea that offers gold.

We have 2 captured workers. Farms in Nicea looks best.

Will leave warwick with hammers for this turn.

Do we need to plan our uni whips?

I should probably catch up on some sleep here. More of a zombie than someone looking at game in detail.

Mylene will play much quicker here.

Bailing!! Barely had 6-7 hours sleep last night.

Your in the US it's warmer! Windows 7 has no windows to open. Just back doors to abuse.

Attachments

• Church AD-0760.CivBeyondSwordSave
    224.1 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Still looking at PCs here. (I don't like laptops.) AMD RYZEN cpu comes out at end of month. Main downside for me now is the pound has lost 20% or so in value. New AMD chip should spice up competition a bit and cause some Intel price cuts? The RYZEN core speed is rumoured now to reach 3.4-3.6+ghz with turbo boost to circa 4ghz for a 4-8 core chip with HT. Not sure how many games can use 8 cores but Intel chips are super expensive for anything above 4 cores.

AMD Vega graphics should be out 2-3 months later. My current rig is nearly 10 years old. Might have to fore go a Vega graphics. Would be super expensive and I don't play enough games. Could keep current graphics and upgrade that when prices for Vega are more main stream.

Certainly a 10 year olf Core 2 duo system is creeking. 400ghz ram is painful now with DDR4 at 2.66ghz or higher.

I'm not sure why you'd not get new graphics if you get a new rig. (You put it together right). You don't need the top end graphics. Just get an older model nvidia GTX like 960 to 980, which should be on the cheap somewhere with the new generation out. 960GTX would be fine. 970/980 are primo for that generation but should be much cheaper now. The new AMD cpu sounds interesting.

sure..sounds good;)

get some rest :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom