1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Fippy, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Yup i probably re-wrote some of your points (but i tried reading everything and comparing), need my bed for sure so nites ;)

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

nites for me too ;) just lots of energy from the eggball game that just ended

3. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Morning :)

Hmm looking at it again, i think we want to chop more forests after the boat for our first settler.
    They are valuable if we want GLH later, but we will get 5 more in 3rd ring after the 100 culture border pop.

They are all we have pretty much, any other way seems painfully slow for a settler and we urgently need another city as help.

1 mine for size 2 too maybe, when we build the settler?
    Only chopping and then 1 pop whipping at size 2 would be faster thou, then improving copper and working with 2 cities.

4. lymond

Sounds like a plan to me. Will be busy with "footy" for the next 3 hours (gotta watch my Falcons), but still should be able to pop in. You or Gumbo can drive today.

5. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Sorry Sundays are always a tired day for me. Let me catch up.

6. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Early sleep for me too, let's play tomorrow

7. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Sorry not been very helpful today. Will have more time after work tomorrow. No 6am sessions for me. Unless I get up at that time. :D

8. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

I would play on a bit, was very tired yesterday :)

But we still have the tech situation, we can consider it's a small map and techs a bit cheaper.
    Agri 7 turns, hunting 5.

Against hunting also speaks that should we connect copper, we cannot build warriors anymore.
    Agri allows a bit more, and will speed up pottery later, so overall i think it's not worth having AH 2 turns sooner eventually with hunting.

If we tech sailing, we would have something that London can build after our 2nd warrior when growing.
    Stays a city without good tiles then ofc, but might get lighthouse clams sooner.
    I would not be against that.

9. lymond

Seems most cities here will be coastal so GLH could pay off I think. Downside is delaying the worker techs, but as you say, gives us building to build.

One bit of logic maybe is that while not having cow grazing sucks, there's really not much else of note visible right now for AG>AH urgency. We see arid rice and cow.

Can't drive til later so someone feel free to take the wheel

10. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

If we push for GLH it may be closer than usual. All Ai will likely have coastal capitals.Albeit I would still like to get the settler out first, Sailing gives us a chance to at least mine the sheep.

I would still like to see the land north of the flood plain tiles with our warrior. Appears to be mountain 1N of it.

If we could mine the sheep and get copper city to S2. That is 9hpt. +40 hammers from chops. Not sure it would complete GLH in time. Mining of sheep would be a huge delay.

So 19 turns for sailing and masonry? Too big a delay?? Agriculture would be little use unless we farmed a grass land?

Are we whipping WB into worker or visa versa?

Ep on Isabella?

11. lymond

Worker into WB

12. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Yup if we would whip the boat, London would stand still for several turns with the worker.
    Also we need him for chopping.
    Espio on Isa makes sense.

Will play some turns with sailing, warrior will fogbust where Lymo suggested (scouting not worth creating another problem zone currently).

Live screenie ;)
    Spoiler :

Justi founds 2nd city turn 17, not bad for Immortal lol.

Genghis met
    Spoiler :

London at sailing teched
    Spoiler :

Overview
    Spoiler :

I guess we always knew this will be slow, but turn ~30 settler was the best we can do i think even if that means another 1 pop whip.
    (Slow building is just way too..slow ;) with what we have)
    Timing on mine / copper improvement for 2nd city should work, stopped cos we have masonry decision (now already?).

Small note on worker, we can do 3 turns of mining before chopping for our settler, thinking about the small forest grow chance around that tile. Chop just needs to be done in time for 70h.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  13. lymond

yeah, weird how GK's scout snuck around there

Good idea about the forest. Always things I don't think about in my game..though I do some pre-mining often.

I think 1 popping settler really is a must here with low production...we need that production and trade route from wooly copper asap.

We need to fit in a warrior here soon as well for pushing East some.

So, Masonry, I think it boils down to timings with the LH finish, but that is some turns away I suspect...unless we really push the LH with chop/whip. Otherwise, we could consider starting the AG>AH path. The one thing about Masonry sooner thought is we could push that LH sooner and start putting some hammers into GLH. Oh, and LH for clams in the nearer term does help a bit with food

14. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

/wave
    We have a warrior going east (bit hidden on that forest maybe?), i think that should be enuf unless he dies?
    He hopefully can unfog the closer area, so we see if there's something better than copper within 4 turns.

Yup i was thinking Agri could work best now, keeps us flexible.
    While early LH would improve clams to 5f, whipping would lose cows again which are also positive food so probably best keeping size 2. That should give us enuf time.

15. lymond

Ah..I see warrior. Makes sense you would have built once to grow city to 2.

I think that makes since to pick up AG now, since LH is still some ways away, then we can decide later on AH or Masonry.

So basically pop settler soonest point we can?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  16. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Yup will whip him, playing on a bit (mostly so we get more to discuss).

First turn we already meet Lady #2
    Spoiler :
    I like seeing her scout there, less chance that warri meets unwelcome barbs while exploring.

Random personalities creates this diplo pic so far:
    Spoiler :
    Not much love around, good for us :)

Spoken too soon with barbs, and more crappy land east lol
    Spoiler :

I move back, meet a barb warrior and we win with 1.7 health left:
    Spoiler :

I move on with our settling and worker plan, and we are ready next turn :)
    Spoiler :

Some food omg..! Too far away to change plans of course (and only saw the fishies this turn)
    Spoiler :

Agri finished, and game saved.

Attached Files:

17. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

That fish looks tempting. With the lake proving 3f with LH?
    The stone to the east would be nice for fail gold. Not so sure about mids.
    How quickly do we need a blocker city for Justin??

Masonry is now interesting. Albeit that LH is many turns off. Worker needed for copper. AH is also useful with so much sheep and the cow resource.

Largest Ai city is size 7 now. If they have started on GLH they have a huge advantage.

18. lymond

my gawd! the food is scarce here and so much desert.

I was hoping seafood would be above those silks somewhere for closer city, but it'll do. I guess we have to settle on GH to get fish asap, but too bad we can't kill that desert tile be settling on it and keep the GH to work.

Guess warrior should hop on the hill one more tile to get a view, but 1SE of his current position may be good for busting - or 1W of stone. Although he'll probably have to do a little dance with that archer.

Ya think we can fit a scout WB in somewhere?

Commerce seems like it will be a problem here, so I think GLH will be hugely important. very limited cottage potential here, and no shinies for the ladies

edit: HeyZeus Kreesto! Rusten achieved a 1450AD Space Win in latest BOTM results.

19. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Yep we will see what else is around fish, warrior has 1.7 maybe he should heal first thou?
    Maybe an AI unit will help out, we can always hope ~~

Fish in first ring is always nice, but also loses the spices not covered by London.

Hmm block city..no idea how close Justi is yet, we can also attack him later, so less valuable than getting cities towards Isa (in theory :)).

I would rather build a galley than a scout workboat, it's 20h more but would help us improving sheep & eventually settle islands.
    Ofc we are very limited with builds if we want GLH, copper city will have to build a settler and another worker too?

AH first would help with that, making London much more helpful.
    I guess it's 9 turns with trade route soon, and hopefully masonry gets a bit cheaper with AIs having it (soon) so maybe 16 turns total not sure.

20. lymond

Hmmm you are right about Galley..better use of the hammers really..and maybe a bit of protection as well. Only thing is will we be willing to send it to do some scouting.

It appears though that we've met a majority of AI simply by them stopping by themselves, so really just need to open up coast for trade routes at some point.

Ha..not much to block here

Heal warrior. Maybe we luck out on a miracle seafood in the fog just W of him for another city W of the peak..that would be nice. Yep, desert tile would be ideal for city otherwise, but awfully long time before getting fish online. (city would have that spice to work for ok tile and a grassy mine) Doubt we have Myst for a while. Might luck on on infection from Izzy