1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Churchill & The Mysterious Ladies (BTS Immortal game)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Fippy, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

It's not the real Izzy, wonder if she will send missios over later ;)

Copper city will need a bit of planning.
    Using spices until copper, could get a bit food there while starting on a galley.
    We also have 1 forest to chop before worker leaves for London.

We will need 2 workers for chopping GLH and improving cows, sheep and so on.
    It's always best building them first so we need less later (when they are not falling behind too much), so i guess galley / worker mix with help of copper and the forest. Should be in reasonable time with copper hammers +20.

With most GLH hammers coming from chops, i would think AH first works better.
    London has low prod anyways, sooner masonry would probably only give ~20 hammers at best.
    That's only 1 forest, i think we need the cows.

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

AH sounds fine. Maybe we luck out on equines.

Ahh..keep forgetting about personalities

Maybe we should start new worker in copper now

3. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

I would start the worker once we have copper, might as well get 2 food each turn on galley while we have low prod until copper :)

Say if you want to play turns btw :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  4. lymond

Yeah guess we get some growth now ..we have a chop too

Feel free to play a bit more today... I now it is getting late there...I can play tomrrow

5. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

They are quick turns for now, will play a bit more until questions arise.

I dared moving our west warrior a bit cos AI units were fog busting, and got attacked on the forest NE..luckily only by another warrior, but still not save over there so moved back immediately (only 1.0 health left too).
    Spoiler :
    Trade routes help quiet a bit, only 6 turns left on AH (1 extra turn with gold loss).

Great wall built far away, now that's good (not close to us) and also scary with turn 35 on Immortal, omg..

Nothing new east for tiles, archer still annoying us (moved back on hill to see where he stands), if he does not move closer i can move 1S and then not sure.
    Spoiler :

We now would have the option for LH in 4 turns with 1 pop whip (mine), or growing like this with spices (and +1 commerce), preparing 2 pop whip.
    Spoiler :
    Leaning towards 2 pop and almost 30 overflow, should work better what do you think?

Yup settling anywhere east would have been a disaster lol, i think they are even 2 archers.
    Justi must still be a bit away, has 3 cities now but no culture visible.

Okay :)

no horsies, wouldn't you have guessed so with this map :D

Stopping here, timing on LH whip will work well.
    2 turns of warrior (was getting way too much pressure east for having only 1 unit anyways, chased back already by 2 archers).
    Then whip, and masonry will be ready.

We have chop plans to do, will add some more screenies but here's the save already :)

London with LH ready and building warrior in 2:
    Spoiler :
    York and it's galley, small advantage of that build..we get a little growth towards working both tiles later.
    Spoiler :
    And my usual overview ;)
    Spoiler :

Nites :)

Attached Files:

6. lymond

Whew. Well a little XP never hurts

Keep going til you drop ;)

Yeah I think copper was the best and really only move we could make first

Near GW has basically killed some of my games

Well silk area to N is wasteland.. at least we get the resources in London's borders

Could be iron on some of that desert too

Archer must die

I usually go for 2popper LH onto GLH for max OF unless ORG... usually easy to setup. I think with the low natural production at this stage it would be best

Nooo! Must have horsies!

Great job! I can pick up sometime later tomorrow unless gumbo wants to take some turns.

Nitees! ;)

7. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Yup we can wait for Gumbo, with only 3 we want everybody involved for sure.
    He can give you the play on call thou of course :)

8. lymond

Well no gumbo today ... you u for a short session?

9. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Yep we can play a bit, sigh sometimes i really wonder about the playing motivation of peoples here.

Will look at forests, worker movement could be important here for fastest GLH.
    Hmm do you have experience about Imm barbs entering borders? Average city count 3?
    We may not have long for chopping the east spices forest without barb troubles.

Sure, but he was browsing other threads but did not reply here.
    That has always made me wonder, also there's not a single lurker post and some peoples seemed interested in team games before.
    Guess i just think too much, but this strikes me as strange.

Yup the forests, hmm..Spices west could actually remain useful for now.
    29 overflow, we need ~170 hammers.
    Would be easier if we had border pop already.

40h from forests east, 16x4=64 from those out of borders.
    Ugh seems like we will need them all chopped?

Maybe we should build another mine too, with no worker being able to reach spices 1 could mine west hill before chopping there?

Staying with Win7 here lol :)

Yep i think 1 mine is needed, we will be running out of tiles and growth will be better soon.
    Then we can afford chopping spice forest away, it's a 20h one.
    So overall i would put 1 worker SW, and other SE.
    Our 2 warris will have to protect other spice forest chop probably, with only 1 warrior out it's too risky moving there yet i think.

Nopes, we need the tiles for warrior prod currently.
    LH whip when masonry = 1 turn

Well no need to force yourself on that phone, sleepy times for me too ;)
    York should probably start on a settler after galley.

Note on workers, we can keep that easy peasy..one goes 1w of London for mine, and other 1E of London. Would be the best plan i can think of, there's a barb archer that might come close if he chases Justi's scout or so, but the forest next to London will be safe.

Nites, ty for that short session it's always fun despite iphones ;)

Oh i see, my thinking was that he chops forest east of York instead.
    Do as you prefer :)
    Oh for next tech, i would say wheel.

Turning compi off /wave

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  10. lymond

Well, I guess some days are better than others for some folks. I think GB said he was coming down with something.

Yeah, I want to get these worker movements down for the next few turns before playing. Make sure I'm in sync with you.

I think city count 3 is about right. I don't think we have very much time before they will enter, so having copper online might be of use.

edit: Oh..it is only 2200bc..I think we have some time here on barbs

Yeah, I don't know. I suspect without a specific announcement thread elsewhere there's not many who come to this sub-forum directly.

Yep looking at that. Other forest will be in culture soon so that is 16 per ? Are we accounting for city production per turn? Ugh typing on my iPhone is pain ha

Ever since Win10 i cant alt tab out

Oh ha I'm clueless ofc second worker is out. I think mine is good

Is plan to whip lh here before warrior

So something like:

Whip LH into GLH
    Finish warrior (small OF to GLJ)
    GLH takes 1 chop

Worker 1 to w mine
    Worker 2 to spice forest to cop

York. ?

Duh no masonry

Ugh I'm actually a good typist but suck on iPhone keyboards

Anyway inhink I got the next few turns down. Iassume York will finish galley and we can decide then what we need there maybe start settler

Ha yeah settler it is. Well I'll play a bit and have something for you to look at tomorrow. I'll stop probably in a few turns or if something looks off

G' nite;)

11. lymond

;)Hmmm I was thinking spice as the other worker can reach the forest 1e of London. Archer should not bother us yet

Oh Justin's scout .. but he will move before archers turn

TW most def

12. lymond

Ok..I think things went well..Archer ran away. I had moved both warriors to other spice tile above the one worker chopped as Archer moved back so I thought it should be good odds for kill (Archer was hurt). Archer died. Woody I warrior. Worker moved to chop that forest. Other one chopped 1E of London and then moved 2E for other forest.

You will think I'm crazy but gambled W1 warrior to kill another archer that popped up just E of new borders. He won. There's still another ARcher over there. That area to the East likes to spawn barbs. Justy may be further than we think.

GLH should be only 3 turns from completion, inclusive of this turn with 1 more chop needed (or available).

I moved Galley to a position to pick up Worker far E of London so that we can plop him on sheep the next turn...unless we want something different. Worker up N can mine or chop the silks for maybe a new settler. We probably do want an Axe in the near future I suspect

Screens:

Turn After Whip - shows OF and chop
    Spoiler :

Meant to note I had York take back Spice so it would grow same turn as Galley completes, as seemed logical to grow to Size 2 for settler..and city may get sheep soon too.

Spoiler :

Ugh ..kinda pointless shot..supposed to show progress but cursor go outta position. but hey..it's London..wooeee!
    Spoiler :

Just kinda overhead shot here showing workers chopping. Archer there is one I killed a coupla turns later. So worker finishes spice chop there and then moves 1NW and other worker moved to that forest 2E of his postion (oh and had moved 1 warrior back to London for happy, but maybe not really needed)

Spoiler :

Two views of London showing a) current GLH production b) production this turn
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

So 25 this turn plus 9h/t plus one more chop should complete GLH in 3 turns

It appears Justy just got Sailing (it is the tech other than Writing that allows trade screen, right?) If so, no one else we've met has writing or sailing yet.

Justy is WE of GK. Odd...just noticed GK fonded Hinduism:crazyeye: ..it does happen sometimes, but very odd. And Justy with no religion.

Galley is 1SE of London which can pick up worker there after chop and set him down on sheep the next turn.

Took liberty of selecting Writing although only full tax since selecting. I think we need 1 more turn of binary to complete Writing fully, but you may have different calculation.

Oh and sheep worker can road copper afterwards..move into galley..sail into York..embark..start road. I think we will be ok for those turns

13. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Looks great, really not bad what we made out of this start so far ;)
    Smart with growing York on Galley, yup.

Tile switch might even be possible (mine for York settler, Spices for London) at some point or for 1 turn, would need save for that thou.
    (screenies show GLH would finish with +2 extra hammers i think :))

Depends with sailing, if AIs scouted the whole coast towards us for resi trades via water, yep then trade screen would appear.
    Further away AIs probably did not cover every tile thou, and might have sailing already but no trade screen.

Justi and Genghis, remember random personalities :banana:

Writing seems logical with GLH for open borders, but pottery always deserves consideration as well.

14. lymond

Oh gosh..I forgot the save. Don't have access to it for a bit but will upload it soon.

Ha..random personalities. Heck ...GK could be Justy! I hope Justy is not Shaka

Pottery would be nice for the granaries..not much to cottage here, although London still might be are our only option for anything resembling a Bureau cap. Alpha beeline though might not be out of the question here.

15. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Woah slow down. Sorry I have been rather distracted here. :(

16. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I am off work next week so should have more time. I have relied on notifcations to see when this has been updated. Looks like were well on way to GLH. I am a creature of habit. I do intend to try and do my fair share of turns. I am feeling a bit better now. Had a temperature last Friday.

Barbs could enter our border at any point from now. Anything after 2000bc is a risk. On a map like this fog busting should be easier. Narrow land means less places to spawn. Still a threat though from the east. 1760bc.... will we need more defenders for future settlers??

Pottery will be nice for a bureau capital. Writing leads to alphabet. We don't have a huge amount of food to run scientists. Open borders will be sweet. We would still need to see their cities to get the trade routes??

How much can the capital rely on cottages?? Is the plan to use copper city as a settler/worker pump? We have 9 base hammers in our capital with the mines and cows.

Happiness issues? Have you noticed we have zero resources for happiness without calendar?

Would we consider a mids gambit or are we way too late??

A save would be nice.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  17. lymond

Yay, Gumbo's back! Hope you are feeling better!

I can play in a little bit..a few things to tie up first

Mids is still a possibility. You never know..Question is how soon we could ever get that stone online. Doesn't look like good city right now but lots of fog over there. And i think we want to settle coastal always. One thing though about Mids - happiness is great but we don't appear to have a lot of food on this map

18. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

wb Gumbo ;)

An Axe would be great to have, yup.
    I think Lymo already had a plan for copper road.

Looking for research bonuses has become one of my playing habits, pottery we have both pre-techs and it gives one for writing too.
    It's cheapest point would be now, trade routes would have to make up for that i.e.
    Also gives a much more useful building option earlier (after possible settler whip in London?).
    AIs might tech writing soon now for open borders, not much experience with Imm thou.

Never been a huge Alpha beeline fan, imo it's a luxury play (and strongly liked in HoF games for that).

We are charismatic thou, Gumbo :)
    Not thinking about Pyras much, great wall was built earlier than in many deity games, so it's likely that Qin has stone too.
    (picking AIs for lady - guys balance, i know it's him & Cathy missing).

19. lymond

oh ..ha ..the freakin' save:crazyeye:

yeah...the POT bonus is a good idea..I often do just go for it even with AH unless circumstances press me for Writing sooner....and not always Alpha beeline, but there is some more leeway on IMM for that play

yeah..i think Mids too much of a gamble now with no stone in foreseeable future. We will go with GLH powah!

Attached Files:

20. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Ty for save :)

Nice GLH hammers gathering for sure Lymo, yup with 168 + 16 we need 16h more (and would get 18).
    So we can take Spices this or next turn, and give York the mine.
    Grows London 1 turn earlier, small gains but they are the most fun in team games :)
    (just have to remember taking the mine back after 1 turn, i messed that up in games before lol)

Warrior could move out of London again, yay for Cha.
    Maybe wise doing so, and pushing a bit forward east with both once woodie is healed.