Cigarette brands- smoking thread

Kyriakos

Creator
"There are no passive smokers, only pathetic anti-smokers" Anonymous

:)

What cigarettes do you smoke? Were they the ones you started smoking, or did you change brand with time?

The very first cigarette i bought was a silk cut, back then i knew nothing of cigarettes, just that i felt a nice feeling when smoking a couple others gave me (i was 17 when i started to smoke). Then i moved on to the french brand Blue Gauloises. But they were extremely heavy, so after some years of smoking those, and occasionally some Gitannes with filtre, i moved to Blue Winston's. I still smoke these, they are less heavy(tar 8 mg nicotene 0,6 mg) and not as expensive either.

And you?

Btw: if you are a non smoker, no need to tell us how much you hate smoking. This is meant to be a smoker's lobby ;)

I've never been more high than smoking a cig the 1st time or after a lay off of a few months or more. My first pack was Tarryton(?) back in the late 60s, I didn't smoke again for a few years and wound up smoking Marlboro Lights and quit 2-3 years ago.

When I used to smoke I was in America and I smoked Pall Mall because they were cheap, a bit over $2 a pack, this was in Kentucky in the mid 2000s. Tobacco was Kentucky's biggest (legal) cash crop and it probably still is. I went to high school right across the road from a tobacco field. I'm not sure if that's why cigarettes are cheaper in KY than in lots of other states like NY. Probably they're just taxed more in other states.

Pall Malls were like old man cigarettes but I didn't care. I tried getting Tourney once but the paper was bad, I could smoke one in 30 seconds because it burned out too quick, so I never bought those again. I normally got light, that was enough for me, I tried ultra light but it was like smoking air. At the time I worked with a girl who switched to ulra light when she got pregnant and I felt sorry for her, she said the first day she made the switch she smoked 4 packs of it.

When I used to smoke I always thought it was so weird how they would carefully check my ID, I was in North Carolina for awhile and had an out of state license so often the cashier would have to go and ask a supervisor about it. I was in my mid 20s and obviously looked like I was over 18 but they still had to do that now that the laws are so strict.

Now that I don't smoke I hate the smell. Most people in my office smoke even though there are no smoking signs the government makes everyone put up. Most people in Turkey just ignore the no-smoking rule.

I smoke rollies (Amber Leaf, with free skins!) now that cigs are so expensive.

When I smoked, it was Kool. I quit when statewide prison smoking ban went into effect. I don't like how they casual pass the law saying it's about the inmates with no care about how it affects the COs and other staff that is not being incarcerated.

I still would crave, so I got on blucigs (nice and strong). That and a once a month or so Montecristo white.

I'll bet a good chunk of the prison population is there because of stuff that was banned for everyone ostensibly to keep the stuff out of the hands of children, like pot... Not booze of course, or cigs...yet.

I've smoked 5 cigarettes throughout my living career and I did not enjoy it at all. I don't understand how people get addicted to these things (sure, I understand addiction, but you'd think after 1 people would just stop. Then again I guess it does make you look cool)

Anyway, I did it because in each instance I was drunk and a cute girl told me to do it.

I don't mind people that smoke, but please do it in your own space, and stay away from public spaces when you're consuming the drug. Also please do not throw your butts on the ground, it's disguisting. I don't dispose of my heroin in the middle of the street after I'm done using.

I smoke rollies (Amber Leaf, with free skins!) now that cigs are so expensive.

This. But I alternate in enough packs of cutters choice to soak up the excess papers from the amber leaf. Not nicer enough to justify actually paying for papers.

Got hooked when I quit smoking dope to sit my a levels. That was 17 years ago. Quitting the dope was a simple choice, the evil weed's claws are in deep.

I'll bet a good chunk of the prison population is there because of stuff that was banned for everyone ostensibly to keep the stuff out of the hands of children, like pot... Not booze of course, or cigs...yet.

That sounds like a long winded way of saying drug crimes; yes many are in for dope. Another problem with the tobacco ban is any given facility has just enough dirty officers that tops, bugler, etc give inmates a whole new economy.

@Warpus - glad to hear you hated it, quitting is straight pulling teeth, better not to get started.

Smoking is a waste of good beer money:cheers:

I have a can of Morland "Old Speckled Hen" next to me , nearly empty.

I'm a cigar smoker. When I go fir cigarettes (usually because I'm in a public venue, and friends beg me not to choke them) it's surely Gitanes sans filter.

I occasionally smoke cigars, but have never smoked cigarettes. I don't want to get addicted to something like that.

Used to be irrationally irritated by smokers but now I don't really mind the smell or the smoke that much.

Cigars as possible. When there are no cigars, Luky Strike, Camel, or marlboro.

However I don't smoke more than 1 cigaretes/day. How much do you smoke?

Marlboro, switched from unfiltered Camels a year or so back.

As for it being dangerous to your health, so is stepping outside in the morning; so is having a heart beat; so is being capable of intelligent thought. We all die, I'll do it... err too explicit I suppose. I've found anti-smokers are the ones who are most afraid of death (not to say all smokers are fearless).

Marlboro, switched from unfiltered Camels a year or so back.

As for it being dangerous to your health, so is stepping outside in the morning; so is having a heart beat; so is being capable of intelligent thought. We all die, I'll do it... err too explicit I suppose. I've found anti-smokers are the ones who are most afraid of death (not to say all smokers are fearless).

Well of course, that's why we don't smoke! :p

Though, smoking can lead to a lot worse things in life than your own death.

Well of course, that's why we don't smoke! :p

Though, smoking can lead to a lot worse things in life than your own death.

Like what? Someone else's? Driving your car to work stands a greater chance of killing someone else than smoking a pack a day, and both aren't really necessary (public transit, especially in Europe). I don't really want to argue sobre smoking though, so... yeah.

Does anyone here wear smoking jackets?

Pall Malls, but when I have a bit of extra spending money a pack of Dunhills always treats me right.

Top Bottom