1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarette brands- smoking thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Well, yes that's one. I don't see how somebody could live happily knowing they caused a loved one's cancer with their actions. But even worse could be the damage your body has to put up with. Many older people who smoke or smoked are very weak because of damage their lungs took in the past, so weak and so damaged they have trouble just walking, and have to use a machine to do an simple task like breathing.

Not to mention the damage in self confidence from having terrible skin and teeth.

2. squall78

squall78 Prince

I've been enjoying Vendettas recently. They are cigars rolled like cigarettes.

3. rugbyLEAGUEfan

rugbyLEAGUEfan Deity

For 21 years , Winfield Blue
    For the last 21 days , nothing but sweet fresh air

4. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I would like to limit the amount i am smoking to less than 1 pack, and trying to, for economic reasons as well (cigs are a luxury nowdays). Currently smoking around 1 1/2 packs.

5. Atticus

Atticus Deity Retired Moderator

I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to become impotent before that. :)

6. civver_764

civver_764 Deity

I love smoking(the taste, the feeling, the atmosphere in general) but lung cancer scares the hell out of me so I try to limit it. When I do smoke though it's usually rollies(cheaper) or camels if I have the money.

7. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

Roll your owns.

8. chegel

chegel Warlord

I roll my own, with filters, because it is so much cheaper. Samson or Drum usually. I smoke something between 5 and 20 a day.

9. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy We'll dig up the road!

Per day? Week? Month?

I used to smoke almost a pack a day. Now I'm down to a pack a week.

Newport 100's.

10. dIZZyBlIZZy

dIZZyBlIZZy Batteries not included

Boldface on the exception. You lungs will heal if you quit smoking. After 14 years from quit day, you have the same chance of lung cancer and emphysema as someone who never smoked.

11. mrt144

mrt144 Deity

My wife smokes camel lights now known as camel blue or camel azure

12. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

Such silly logic.

Smoking is the leading cause of cancer in the US. If you really want to die, go ahead.

13. Kyriakos

Well eventually all will die anyway, and smoking can give some people satisfaction of some sort :)

Regarding the question: sadly it is 1 and a half pack each day... And they are very expensive (although not yet as ultra expensive as in England). Apack costs me 3.20 euros, which may seem little to most compared to prices in other countries, but the same pack used to cost only 1,5 euro ten years ago...

14. Kyriakos

Somewhat true, but not utterly in my case. I spend up to 3 hours a day not smoking at all, due to walking for 1 and a half hours, and regular trips to some part of town to meet some friends, so after that pause smoking makes me enjoy substantially the nicotine, although obviously not to the extent i used to when i was in my early days of smoking :)

15. NovaKart

NovaKart شێری گەورە

It's an addiction, obviously people don't need nicotine. It's just hard to break the habit. If you haven't had an addiction then perhaps it's difficult to understand.

3.20 Euros, I think that's around $5. That's a bit more expensive than the national average in the US, but in some places like New York it's very expensive.

16. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

It's goes great with coffee and beer. And I do like the taste and I'm quite partial to brand. I'm not just smoking anything to get my fix. I won't smoke regular cigarettes or other kinds of tobacco.

I know there's an addiction factor, I'm not daft, but there's more to my enjoyment than what you describe there. Maybe it's a personal thing.

Anyway, if you're in the process of quitting, good luck with it.

17. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

My favorite were blue LM and from Czech brands Petra or Start.

18. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

I prefer no brands.

For one, being around cigarette smoke makes me physically sick and if I'm around it long enough I will develop bronchitis. I'm that way because I was raised in a home where everyone smoked several cartons a day and the air in the house was always thicker than the Beijing skyline and that is no exaggeration. Every picture taken in that house is hazy and blurry due to the flash being blocked by all the smoke. So I don't even have any good pictures as a kid or a baby in my old house because of people chugging <snip> cigarettes.

I started developing chronic bronchitis around age 10 and as a result my mom quit smoking cold turkey but by then it was too late. Even now I have to visit the ER at least one or twice a year for bronchitis and every time I get sick my lungs get weaker.

The last time was this past August when I lived with my wife's parents for a few days. During my visit they flat out refused to go outside to smoke and sure enough I was in the ER at 3 am in the morning getting ass shots and breathing treatment. So now I don't even visit the in-laws anymore because of it.

One ironic thing is my uncle retired on a considerable fortune from working for and investing in a certain North Carolina tobacco company. Of course he didn't get much chance to enjoy it since he died a fairly horrific death from chewing tobacco-related oral cancer a couple of years later.

Let's see what else...

Besides all the well known adverse health effects, addicts can be downright nasty and pushy people when they can't get a cigarette. Others react with really annoying ticks like sucking their teeth or even trembling. Then there are those who directly inconvenience others with their addiction. In every job I've ever had there was always "that guy" who, everyday, was hitting me up for cash or rides to the gas station to get some cigarettes. I don't see what so cool and hip about any of that crap.

Meh so that's my take on smoking. Nothing personal. Sorry about writing a book.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate language removed.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

19. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

I smoke Benson and Hedges, at a rate of about a pack-or-two a month, during warm months. Works out to 1-3 a day in social situations. I don't think I've ever smoked alone, unless I was finishing a cigarette after someone left.

25 cigarettes for 11.50 or so. Sticking to premium keeps me from smoking a lot more.

Did you inhale deeply, depriving your brain of oxygen? That there is the hook. Mmmmmm. Head rush.

20. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I avoid cigarettes for many of the same reasons I avoid crystal meth. The smell alone is enough to disgust me, I am not a fan of chemicals.