1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Circumnavigation Bonus

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by KevSkegRed, Dec 27, 2016.

1. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

Not sure if this has been discussed, I have looked but can't find it. Has anyone got a mod that includes the circumnavigation bonuses?? Yet another Civ release that doesn't give this. This was one of my early goals in a game to achieve this along with building the Great Lighthouse.

2. Cosmic Fox

Cosmic Fox Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator

I don't think so man and I miss that, going around the entire globe is a big deal. We need a mod that does recognize the naval aspirations like players such as us! :D

WorldWarIV likes this.
  3. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

I'd really like to see that back as well. Maybe only for the bigger maps, though. Seems like the very tiny ones that would be too easy, and maybe a bit OP.

4. liv

liv Emperor

It would not work because the Vikings have such an advantage.

5. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

I don't think there's a good reason to give a permanent movement bonus to the first circumnavigatior. It's a substantial bonus that essentially rewards one of the leading players for something they were probably going to do anyway. It would work very well as a Eureka trigger though.

IllustriousYou likes this.
  6. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

You've both got valid points there, I guess the game has evolved through the years, to the point that it would give an unfair advantage. Amrunril, I like that idea of it triggering a Eureka though. It is a big enough event to do that.

7. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

A circumnavigation bonus of +1 seems reasonable to me. The Vikings may have an advantage, but my money will be on the human player every time, regardless of the leader he or the game chose. Considering how poor the Civ VI AI is, I expect the human player will win every time, assuming he prioritized circumnavigation.

8. PeteBDawg

PeteBDawg Chieftain

It would be cool to be able to build History Museums that can store and display Great Feats - sort of in-game achievements you could earn that give you permanent yields for culture and tourism. You could get a Great Feat for circumnavigating the globe first, for building the first trade route that goes through three international trading posts, for launching the mission to the moon, for changing government from classical republic to autocracy while you have more than 10 cities, for having a city of a certain size in the ancient or classical era, for having a battle of a certain size - like with a certain number of military units that die taking a city. Etc. etc.

Sun Tzu Wu likes this.
  9. Ansive

Ansive Prince

They should at least make it like Civ 5 where you get a message - "player has proven the earth is round"

10. qadams

qadams Bohemian

What circumnavigation should do is trigger a Eureka or an Inspiration. That would be highly appropriate.

11. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Yet another previously well received, enjoyable, and damned obvious item they left out for some inexplicable reason. Letting circumnavigation award a museum piece would even suffice. Perhaps the code was too hard for this group of guys.

12. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

The more I see of other ideas, the better I like them in place of the old +1 movement. I just want there to be SOMETHING for circumnavigation.

IMO, MisterBoomBoom probably has the best for a single civ reward. Getting a eureka/inspiration is also something great that every civ could receive. Either way would make me very happy, or hell, combine them. Let the first civ to circumnavigate get both the eureka/inspiration and a Great Work. And then every other civ would only get the eureka/inspiration as they also completed the effort.

13. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

Inspirations and Eurekas are local Civ accomplishments; they were never an award for being the first Civ to do something. Circumnavigation bonus is given to the first Civ that does it.

Circumnavigation sounds like a great Eureka for an advanced naval technology, but it must be available to all Civs, like all Eurekas.

14. mrwho

mrwho Prince

I can see why the circumnavigation bonus would be unfair if it only applied to the first civ, but I think it'd be fine if every civ had the opportunity to get it. It's a minor thing but it'd be nice, and would probably encourage me to not neglect my navy so much.

15. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

This game has the structure in place to make the game very intriguing, interesting, and immersive. Firaxis chose to use inspirations, the great works museums, and the Eureka system to accomplish almost negative flavor, which I guess is a feat in itself.

Basically I expect that as long as they release an SDK that doesn't suck we'll have some very fascinating Mods in about 5 years that make actual use of these game mechanics.

MisterBoomBoom likes this.