1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Circumnavigation

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Kark, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Kark

Kark Mad berserker

The bonus for circumnavigating the globe seems to be back i BNW. But what's the bonus?

2. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

As far as I know, none. You only get a message saying you did it (or, rather, who did it). So feel free to pat yourself in the back if you're the one who accomplished the feat! :)

3. VisageTDI

VisageTDI Warlord

As JSMCAG said, there is no bonus. The code for +1 naval movement bonus is in game files, but it's disabled.

Also, I'm pretty sure the announcement was implemented before BNW.

4. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

Yes, the announcement for circumnavigation existed in Vanilla, but there currently is no bonus.

The code shows +1 naval movement, but it is highly likely a remnant of code from Civ IV. There is actually a lot of obsolete/disabled code referencing Civ IV mechanics (e.g. other files mention the Friendly, Pleased, Cautious, Annoyed, Furious classifications for diplomacy).

5. DerCivMeister

DerCivMeister Chieftain

Maybe that could be something fixed in the upcoming Fall patch. I mean really, what's the point of telling us all that somebody circnavigated the world if there isn't any reward?

6. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

in BNW, this tells you someone could very easily become the host if Congress hasn't been founded yet.

7. DerCivMeister

DerCivMeister Chieftain

Ok, I suppose that now that is very true, although I think that would only apply on some maps. I still think there should be an actual straightforward bonus. Being the first I circumnavigate the world is a big accomplishment (unless you're Polynesia) and was seen as a bug accomplishment in history. 1 extra movement for naval units sounds appropriate, but they could also make it a bonus say to the length of trade routes. Just something to incentivize exploration.

8. Pythakoreas

Pythakoreas Chef Tain

Or at least a tech boost.

9. Mesix

Mesix One of Porg

Of course the code was present in Vanilla, because this is one of the Vanilla achievements.

Magellan
    Prove that the world is round by uncovering a connected loop of tiles around the circumference of the world.