Circumnavigation

As far as I know, none. You only get a message saying you did it (or, rather, who did it). So feel free to pat yourself in the back if you're the one who accomplished the feat! :)

As JSMCAG said, there is no bonus. The code for +1 naval movement bonus is in game files, but it's disabled.

Also, I'm pretty sure the announcement was implemented before BNW.

As JSMCAG said, there is no bonus. The code for +1 naval movement bonus is in game files, but it's disabled.

Also, I'm pretty sure the announcement was implemented before BNW.

Yes, the announcement for circumnavigation existed in Vanilla, but there currently is no bonus.

The code shows +1 naval movement, but it is highly likely a remnant of code from Civ IV. There is actually a lot of obsolete/disabled code referencing Civ IV mechanics (e.g. other files mention the Friendly, Pleased, Cautious, Annoyed, Furious classifications for diplomacy).

Maybe that could be something fixed in the upcoming Fall patch. I mean really, what's the point of telling us all that somebody circnavigated the world if there isn't any reward?

Maybe that could be something fixed in the upcoming Fall patch. I mean really, what's the point of telling us all that somebody circnavigated the world if there isn't any reward?

in BNW, this tells you someone could very easily become the host if Congress hasn't been founded yet.

in BNW, this tells you someone could very easily become the host if Congress hasn't been founded yet.

Ok, I suppose that now that is very true, although I think that would only apply on some maps. I still think there should be an actual straightforward bonus. Being the first I circumnavigate the world is a big accomplishment (unless you're Polynesia) and was seen as a bug accomplishment in history. 1 extra movement for naval units sounds appropriate, but they could also make it a bonus say to the length of trade routes. Just something to incentivize exploration.

Ok, I suppose that now that is very true, although I think that would only apply on some maps. I still think there should be an actual straightforward bonus. Being the first I circumnavigate the world is a big accomplishment (unless you're Polynesia) and was seen as a bug accomplishment in history. 1 extra movement for naval units sounds appropriate, but they could also make it a bonus say to the length of trade routes. Just something to incentivize exploration.

Or at least a tech boost.

Of course the code was present in Vanilla, because this is one of the Vanilla achievements.

Magellan
Prove that the world is round by uncovering a connected loop of tiles around the circumference of the world.

Top Bottom