Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Code:
    ('JFD_CID_PROVINCES_CORE_BOMBARD_RANGE',					1), --Changes City Bombard Range to upgrade with Provinces; Gunpowder unlocks Indirect Fire.

2. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

The Capital begins with +3, as it is in all but name a State-level province. Otherwise, disable the bombardment range changes in the user settings, as pointed out by Duke Chrisy.

3. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

City-State CityBanner is not looking healthy...

Code:
    [15140.302] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 43)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1211: attempt to index field 'GarrisonFrame' (a nil value)
    EUI's file doesn't include a "Garrisoned ?" section - intentional?

[EDIT] Well, removing the line fixed the City State's banner - but now the garrison circle is permanently above my capital.

... I'll leave this one to you...

(Oh, and I'm still getting the CP:Events missing texture...)

4. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

Same as me,getting missing texture,and my EUI is in mess. Didn't do any UserSettings and it confilcts with Rise to Power EUI's. Saw runtime error in lua. :(

[28540.648] Syntax Error: C:\Users\ic\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power - EUI Compatibility Files (v 24)\Lua\UI\Overrides\TopPanel.lua:2448: ')' expected (to close '(' at line 2445) near 'then'
    [28540.648] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\ic\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power - EUI Compatibility Files (v 24)\Lua\UI\Overrides\TopPanel.lua.

View attachment Logs.rar

20160521163511_1.jpg

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I merely copied what the latest CP uses. If that's not correct, someone'll have to tell me what is, because I'm not installing EUI for the umpteenth time only to have to uninstall it straight after. But both v42 of the EUI Comp. Files and v43 use the same GarrisonFrame tag, they were merely moved around in the update.

Then I've done all I can do. It's not a problem with my mods in the first place.

6. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Will AI annex colonies? (either by 'buying' it or using GM / GD)

7. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

8. DuncanIdahoTPF

DuncanIdahoTPF Chieftain

I can't seem to purchase military units with slaves anymore since switching to v43

9. Mingel

Mingel Warlord

JFD i found problem in my problem,it's nothing wrong with CID, a didn't unpack and unziped all files propertly. So my bad.

10. Reacher52

Reacher52 Chieftain

I too am missing the production queue with ccc when using eui....its fine without ccc...pity. I only have all the community patches and jfd mods in my mod line up.

11. Reacher52

Reacher52 Chieftain

Opps...I meant the production doesn't show with Cities in Development not CCC

12. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Prince

Okay, I just thought you'll add it since you said:

, but I fully trust your judgement. Thanks for the updates!

13. Lion King

Lion King Chieftain

Hey JFD,
    I tried to amend CID a bit by increasing number of additional food consumption in times of plagues - I put JFD_PLAGUE_FOOD_CONSUMPTION at 1.0 instead of 0.5. That worked well and cities started to lose food (at 0.5 they were just slightly slowing the growth).

However, I noticed the following issue: if the first citizen dies, e.g. population drops from 9 to 8, then the food storage is still empty for the city and if you still have negative food consumption, population will drop to 7 in one turn and then to 6 and 5 etc. As a result your city population can decrease from 9 till 5 in one plague. Surely if citizen died, then city with smaller population should have full food storage (or almost full). Is there a way I can change something in the mod to make this working?

P.S. I am playing with CP, Exce and RtP.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I'm been fairly busy, and there were important bugs that needed fixing. I'll get to it eventually - it doesn't seem like a high priority, however.

15. DuncanIdahoTPF

DuncanIdahoTPF Chieftain

Buying units with shackles is broken in v43. I tried clearing the cache, reinstalling all mods, and starting a new game.

16. morganiter

morganiter Chieftain

Hi, I've been having a problem with conflicts from this mod with EUI, I confirmed that removing EUI fixes the problem completly but it's just not the same experience without it.

The city headers are missing from most cities, and the ones that have them are displaying transparent headers with a grey square in the middle, with the red war borders (while at peace).

I found some errors in the logs:

Spoiler :

In Lua.log:
    [271296.171] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Nuno\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 43)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityBannerManager.lua:1211: attempt to index field 'GarrisonFrame' (a nil value)

And a whole bunch of them in Database.log.

Additionaly, I have multiple "Error loading texture" or "Error loading font texture" errors during gameplay. These errors are as I wrote them and unfortunately don't reference any specific file.

Logs attached in post.

Mod list is as follows:

Spoiler :

Vox Populi beta with EUI:
    (1) Community Patch
    (2) Community Balance Overhaul
    (3) CSD for CBP
    (4) Civ IV Diplomatic Features
    (5) More Luxuries
    (6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)

Faster Aircraft Animations (v 3)
    PerfectWorld 3 (v 4) - I use the communitas map anyway
    Promotions - Expansion Pack (v 9)
    Quick Turns (v 10)
    R.E.D. Modpack (v 28)
    Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)
    Thals FlagPromotions

From JFD:
    JFD's Cultural Diversity (Core) (v 8) - Can't download v9 since dropbox link is locked from traffic
    JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v 16)
    JFD's Cities in Development (v 43)
    JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 43)
    Some of his civs:
    JFD's The Anglo-Saxons (v 1)
    JFD's The Commonwealth of Iceland (v 2)
    JFD's The Dominion of New Zealand (v 1)
    JFD's The Empire of Germany (Hitler) (v 9)
    JFD's The Empire of Japan (Meiji) (v 1)
    JFD's The Empire of Japan (Tojo) (v 3)
    JFD's The Germans (v 2)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Armenia (v 3)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Belgium (v 1)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Francia (v 6)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Hungary (v 8)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Italy (Mussolini) (v 4)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Norway (v 6)
    JFD's The Kingdom of Prussia (v 16)
    JFD's The Republic of France (v 1)
    JFD's The Republic of Poland (v 1)
    JFD's The Soviet Union (Stalin) (v 13)
    JFD's The Turks (Mehmed II) (v 2)
    JFD's The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (v 5)
    JFD's The United States of America (Roosevelt) (v 4)

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

EDIT: I've also tried reinstalling everything in different orders and cleared cache multiple times.
    EDIT2: Image of problem
    EDIT3: Disabling Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility files makes the banners/headers return to normal, but of course, screws up EUI.
    EDIT4: Seem to have temporarily fixed the city banners by deleting the CityBanner files in \Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 43)\Lua\UI\Overrides

Still have some problems with wrong textures though, might be unrelated

Attached Files:

17. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

This is probably going to sound strange but is their something in CID, RIP, CD and ExCE that doesn't mesh well with R.E.D?

18. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Sorry to bump this and double post, but I'm asking because I tried running the R.E.D. v28 beta alongside all of these mods and CID and CD plus R.E.D. have my screen lighting up with bugs and file load errors.

19. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

An idea for the colonizer: instead of just disabling it after enforcing decolonization, make it start founding normal cities with better infrastructure. It'd not only help to make settling not useless later in the game, but it' also feel less weird than unlocking a more advanced settler then being forced to use an inferior one. Might require a name change after enacting the decision though.

20. Staler87

Staler87 Warlord

The game runs perfectly well except for one minor-ish problem. When I mouse-over a building instead of displaying the yield it displays:

"\Documents\My Games\Sid Meirers Civilization 5\MODS\Cities in Development EUI Compatibility Files\Lua\UI\Overrides\EUI_tooltip_library.lua:748: attempt to call method 'GetEventBuilding ClassYield' (nil value)"

I have tried re-downloading this mod and the CBP and clearing the cache. I even tried running the CBP modpack instead (commenting out the mod dependency) and it did the same thing (unsurprisingly). I initially tried running it with a couple of your other mods and then just this one and the CBP.

If you need me to provide any other info just ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.