Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I just got the Insane Ruler event for the Barony of Siena, but unfortunately there was a TXT_KEY error when actually naming the insane individual.

Seemed like a pretty cool event otherwise, is there one of these for each of the provincial ranks?

Looks like Great Magistrates are getting the ability to reclaim cities rather than to improve the rank of a province, as well.

2. AxGrinder

AxGrinder Chieftain

Interesting, I never disabled CID, but I did follow your instructions here and appliedd the patch file @JFD has supplied and I'm past the Dawn of Man Speech to start the game. Maybe other issues lurk, but this is the farthest I've gotten in days. --AG

AG UPDATE:

Game seems to be playing through fine. Couple of things: (1) I don't see an indicator of my piety, but I think that's because I haven't established by state religion. (2) while I have research philosophy, I can't "click" to select a state religion. Perhaps this is a piety issue, or maybe I haven't fulfilled some unknown criteria. I'm second in religious size, both number of cities and number of followers. (3) The City View hover for positive values for Happiness are there, but not for negative values -- those are blank.

AG UPDATE #2:

Ignore prior update. User error: I inadvertently switched out of Philosophy with one turn remaining. Point #3 remains valid.

3. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Ok, I'll take a look.

There are four events, but they're not really tied to the provincial rank, except one which'll only show for Counties and Baronies.

They get this if Provinces is disabled. Something must be interferring with the update which transfers to them the ability to upgrade provinces. Database log?

On point 3, I'm not sure what you mean. I'm guessing you're talking about the CBP? When I checked, the CBP didn't display the negative values on the Happiness TT either.

4. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

These should be the appropriate logs.

Apologies for all of the reports as of late, I really do appreciate all of the work that goes into maintaining and producing such mods!

5. TheD3rp

TheD3rp Lowly Footsoldier

I think there may possibly be something wrong with my game:
    Spoiler :

Also of note is my inability to select production in Lisbon.

Edit: Lua log.

Also what the hell.

6. Giffica

Giffica Chieftain

Seems broken again. In Game Editor doesn't work primarily, and can't select production The production issue is a mod conflict I'm sure, but IGE is simply this mod, like it was last time. Likely the fact I didn't update CP. Doing that now.

Nope, updated CP. Production issue and IGE issue.

Giving up for the night. Has to be something internal. Turned everything off except classically compatible civs, and mods that are integrated into JFD related stuff.

7. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Ah, I see your problem. You still need to research the "Technology Tree" and "Coding Basics" techs. Unlocking those should solve it.

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

*sigh*. There is a Troubleshooting section which would have almost certainly fixed your problem (I mean, there are some issues I will address in the next update, but your main issue is a missing Crime yield). Please try updating your copy of the CP.

No worries - better than not, that way eventually we get to the finished product :D Will look at these logs, thanks.

Look, I get you're frustrated, but it's just as frustrating to watch you struggle when you don't follow the Troubleshooting instructions on the OP to make it easier for me to help you - I can only guarantee the mod works on my PC, under conditions specific to my modding and PC environment, so I can't simply guess what's going on for you. I need your Logs, screenshots, and anything you think could be helpful. Do you use EUI? Cleared you cache? Tried only CID, CP, and IGE?

Yes, yes, Natan (wait, do you even use this mod??), I'll be adding Jurisprudence to Renaissance. Don't complain, don't complain. You can just disable it. I just hate Constabulary and High Court at Banking, and I wanted to add to the Renaissance since I've added so many to Classical and Medieval.

9. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I LOVE the technology Jurisprudence:goodjob:, which is actually my college major:p, and definetly appropriate to unlock Constabulary and High Court!

Edit: wait, what is the X and Y coordinate of Jurisprudence in the tech tree? Just want to make sure the RER tech tree would be compatible with it

10. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

You get a +1 from me. We need more law based techs (for rather obvious reasons :p ) I concur that we need to spread the techs out a bit more (future/atomic era anyone?) otherwise the first 3 eras will take an extra 50-75 turns.

While digging through Putin's files, I found references to a secret UU. Was this left behind on the cutting floor while developing the Russian Federation?
    Spoiler :

11. Giffica

Giffica Chieftain

Don't use EUI. Simply put the CP folder, without the balance patch, into my mods folder. I have tried ONLY CP and CID, and the production interface doesn't work still.

I will note unlike some people above, my tech tree works fine.

I did not try clearing the cache, but I'll go ahead and do that now.

Clearing the cache worked. Honestly f*ck my unholy life to hell and back.

12. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

Very minor thing, but still might cause some confusion for some, since the latest version (maybe a few version back - haven't played since v5 or 6) there's actually 11 files in the Overrides\Enhanced User Interface folder. Just thought it might be a good idea to fix change this in the OP installation guide.

13. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Yeah, that totally screwed my installation once...

(Also why more techsssssssss :p :p :p)

14. azurial

azurial Chieftain

JFD any chance to see YIELD_JFD_CRIME to work with Building_YieldChangesPerPop table ?

15. MorpheusAk

MorpheusAk Chieftain

Hi. I have 3 issues which may be related.

1) The game seems unable to process crime in many ways. In the city view, crime does not show as a modifier with regard to my yields, and does not appear to actually modify them, either.

2) In the city view, the food yield isn't shown, though the on hover tooltip works fine.

3) In the city view, The loyalty rating is never shown. It always just reads "Loyalty," with a white fist icon, regardless of the actual rating. No tooltip is shown for loyalty on hover.

I've attached a screenshot below showing the 3 issues in combination.

Civ V Bugs.jpg

I've also attached a screenshot showing the mods active in the game. I'm using the most updated versions of all of the mods. I made the following alterations to the usersettings files.

Civ 5 Bugs (1-15-16) Modlist.jpg

Altered usersettings:
    • CID - CBP Mode Enabled
    • CID - Invest Gold in Buildings Enabled
    • ExPE - CBP Mode Enabled
    • Mercenaries - CBP Mode Enabled

I did re-download and clear my cache, as the troubleshooting guide suggested.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure that I followed all instructions for installing the JFD mods with regards to EUI compatibility. That is, for CID and Piety, I enabled EUI compatibility by copying the contents of "Moderator Action: /Shared/Lua/UI/Overrides/Enhanced User Interface" into "Moderator Action: /Shared/Lua/UI/Overrides."

Also attached are my database and lua log. From the end of the lua log, it looks to me like there's a problem involving "JFD_CID_CrimeUtils.lua," but that's all I got.

Spoiler :
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=403124&stc=1&d=1452859439

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Finally, I'd like to say thank you to JFD for his hard/your hard work, amazing content, and incredible support. :)

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Attached Files:

16. MorpheusAk

MorpheusAk Chieftain

Oh yeah, Piety's CBP mode is on, too.

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Moderator Action: Moderator Action:

Thank you. I truly appreciate the thorough report. This makes things easier for me to see what it might be.

Sukritact presented with this same issue previously, and he found the solution to be to update EUI to the latest version (1.27g/h IIRC). I'm not certain why there would be a conflict between older versions of EUI and CID, but please try that and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, I'll look at alternative causes.

As I said earlier, I added more techsssssss because I don't like the Constabulary and High Court at Banking, which is cynical at best (though not necessarily inaccurate :p). Plus, Jurisprudence. When Code of Laws just doesn't cut it :D

I can certainly look into that. It might even work already.

Oh you.

It goes above where your Metallurgy is, requiring Printing Press and leading into Rifling (for vanilla, dunno about with EE, as I have to reconcile Sovereignty and Printing Press). But I'm working to make sure there'll be no incompatibilities.

18. Zares

Zares Warlord

Colonies don't increase Policy costs. And will they increase, when Great Magistrate/Dignitary assimilates the Colony? Also - after the Colony became a Barbarian City and I captured it back - what about Policy costs?

19. MorpheusAk

MorpheusAk Chieftain

Moderator Action: Moderator Action:

Since I had just reinstalled the CBP suite, including the CBP-compatible version of the EUI which Gazebo provided, I decided to take your suggestion to try updating my EUI by running your mods without the CBP suite, using the standard EUI.

With no CBP files and the standard EUI, I found no bugs.

Afterwards, I removed the standard EUI ad re-installed the CBP suite, with the CBP-compatible EUI and all other bells and all other standard options enabled.

With the most-recent version of all CBP and JFD mods, and everything enabled, I reproduced the same bug.

I didn't check to see whether what part of the CBP suite CID was incompatible with, but if you say that the same bug was fixed in a different situation by updating EUI, then I would start by suspecting the CBP-compatible version of the EUI.

20. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

EUI has updated to 1.27J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.