cities in the graphic interface

Mike.doc

Warlord
It will be fun that the cities after being captured and have changed of nationality could keep her ancient districts look (old city, downtown) but the new ones after growing could keep the new look of the new nationality.

If they make the cities more realistic than before (wonders stay where they are on the tile, and buildings are actually added, not shuffled around when population grows) that'd be awesome.

I also thought this would be a cool idea, but I don't expect to see it, as the implementation would be a fair amount of work for a mostly unnoticeable effect. Especially since it is questionable whether a city's culture can still be split between civs in Civ V.

Thus far I've been a bit disappointed with the city graphics, as all the buildings appear to be generic (aside from the one shot with the Pyramids), rather than specific buildings found in the city as in Civ IV. However, I'm well aware that what we see in the screenshots is not necessarily what will be in the finished game.

I've also been really disappointed with the road and particularly the river graphics. The fact that all the other terrain graphics are really superb kind of makes those stand out.

I also thought this would be a cool idea, but I don't expect to see it, as the implementation would be a fair amount of work for a mostly unnoticeable effect. Especially since it is questionable whether a city's culture can still be split between civs in Civ V.QUOTE]

Exactly my thoughts and good point!

Well guys, we are already six, how could we do to tell it, at time, to Mr & Mrs Firaxis ?

I would say it's too late by now. Most features are probably set in stone and they are just giving the final touches in graphics, balancing units and mechanics and ironing out all the bugs they can find.

But you can also add to the Civ VI request post that will eventually be created here on the forum. :mischief:

JB

I agree both that it is already too late for new features they haven't planned, and that some graphics might still be placeholders. In Starcraft 2 they changed all the unit graphics a few month prior to release, even though they've shown the old graphics around everywhere for marketing purposes.

i dont really care for eye candy in a civ game, but yeah, it would be kinda nice.

internet petition!!!

Top Bottom