Cities not flipping to a rising civilization

Tweedledum

Prince
Here's a very odd (and potentially very interesting) occurrence:

Playing as Spain, I loaded up a saved game (it was actually an auto-save, but I doubt this makes any difference) taken in 1739AD - ie after the Americans had spawned and founded Washington but before any of the nearby cities had defected to them (or tried to...).

I was more than a little surprised to find that none of the cities did defect - and there were certainly two which should have done so (Savannah and Vitoria which was roughly where New York would be) and no units ever tried to defect either :eek:.

I'm not sure if this is a one-off quirk, or whether I've stumbled on a generic way of screwing over rising civilizations. This merits further investigation - I might try the Babylon/Persia or Vikings/England spawns to see if I can reliably engineer something similar...:D

When I was playing India, Shushan didn't flip to the Persians. Whatever the code did, it screwed up a lot of the game after that. Mediolanum wouldn't be founded, so it didn't become Roman. Sometimes Lugdunum wouldn't show up. When the Arabs spawned, none of the Babylonian cities flipped to them, either. Babylon always ended up destroying Persia and, sometimes, Arabia, and becoming a superpower. Mainz wouldn't flip to Germany (stayed Roman). The Germans, always, absolutely had to found Arhus as their second city, I don't know why. The Khmer started with a settler on a galley and would found a Sumatran or Javanese city as their third. And I had plagues that would start in Takshashila (my capital), and wouldn't spread anywhere else.

All this happened numerous times. It made my UHV very hard.

Top Bottom