cities trade

sunround

Chieftain
Hi. Before 1.17f patch, I have a practice to sell cities, for instance,
when I got some cities as peace condition, I selling them, if cities are too long from me and without resources.

I suggested to any civ to buy cities for their cost.
It was fine gold input for me too.

But NOW, after installing PATCH, when I suggest to somebody to buy one of my cities, NOBODY wants deal with it. Even for symbolic costs, like 5 gold.

When I anyway don't need city, I make a gift, but
WHY IT IS HAPPENED NOW?

Is anybody knows?

Thanks.

Cities can only be traded as part of peace negotiations. If you try trading cities under any other circumstances, the AI will refuse.

It was very nice feature, why it has been disabled.
Another example (before patch),

Big civ China captured one of my city, and I feel that I don't have a chance, therefore I suggest peace, with some conditions,
and one of condition - I demand MY CITY BACK for the 300 gold.

They agree. All are happy.
China got some stuff from me, and gold for the my city,
I got my city back ( and of course, hope, I'll be back to China later :) )

Really sorry about disabling this feature.
It was nice for got money, return back own cities, and also this give more free behaviour to gamer

You could trade cities without limits with the unpatched game. As Killer said, the option was removed with patch 1.16. The reason was (as far as I know) that AI would pay huge amounts of money/tech/whatever for worthless cities, and was thus far too easy to exploit.

I don't sure, may be it was possible before any patch.

I think selling cities is disabled, because it is very easiest way to get much money, when you have many captured enemies cites.
For example, one city on small island with population=1
I sold once for 300 gold.

May be it is depends also from difficult level?
I played chiftain and warlod levels only.

Glad to be at service. :)

Top Bottom