Citizen Group: Communist Party

Nomad Bryce

Innovian UU Cannon Turtle
Special Note: Unlike some of the other groups, I encourage the opposition to post thoughtful comments that would debate our viewpoints IN THIS THREAD. The communist forum is open for all and I have faith that we can either successfully debate our idea or realize that its not a debatable idea at all and can only really be determined by oppinion.

First and foremost, the Communist Party of Civ4 demogame will NOT be using the actual definition of communism. Being that I am fairly well acquanted with actual communist idealists I know that I am incorrectly using the term. But I have decided that the Communist name has many meanings, some of which are antonyms. A civ4 communist is not a communist in the sense of Russian Fascist; communist in the sense of Chinese Capitalist Fascist Communist (lol); communist in the sense of Poor Islander Cuban Communist ;Vietnam rebel torturer communist; or even Laos "We're not communists, we just employ communist policy in every aspect of government" communist. The Civilization 4 communist party is simply a new definition of communism based on the fact that it was the word that I felt best described the ideals of my party (although it has so many conflicting definitions) So after that whole introduction, you will now see what a Civ4 communist stands for. After all, we are changing history? Why not change the communist manifesto while we're at it?

The Communist Manifesto

1. We agree that this manifesto represents the general oppinion of the civ4 communists.

2. We believe that Workers are one of the most important units in the game.

3. We believe in industrializing our land by building roads and improvements everywhere, and early.

4. We believe in Economics not war, domestic improvement is more important then expansion when free land is gone.

5. We agree that wars should only be fought defensively (Or in the defense of another nation)

6. We agree that trade and friendly relations should be strived for in all situations and we will not support a war for our personal gain.

7. We believe in building more buildings, wonders and workers then military units.

8. Colonization of lands not of our continent is NOT a priority and only spots of valuable rescources should be colonized.

9. Agressive action goes against domestic improvement.

10. Open Borders are good.

11. Trading is good.

12. Attaining Self Sufficiency is not necessary (And would hold us back economically)

13. Slavery is bad and unnecessary.

14. Emancipation, Representation, Free Speech, Free Market, Environmentalism, and Pacifism are good.

15. Police State, Mercantilism, Vassalage, and Nationhood are bad.

16. Peace and Prosperity for all.

Having written my own personal CIV4 Communist Manifesto I would like to implore all peaceloving industialists to join my communist movement. Thats the entire point of the manifesto, is to represent a party for Peaceloving Industrialists. I spent 20 minutes pondering a name that could represent that Idea and not sound idiotic. For awhile I was going for the "Quaker Industrialists" but the religious affiliation, although passive, was determined to be a bad idea. I was going to do the Pacifist Industrialists but I didn't like it. So I eventually picked Communist, based on my peaceloving communist friends :p Anyway, I kept seeing all of these imperialist parties appearing and no one represented my side, so I created my side myself. That must sound strange. Well I'm a strange person. So if you love peace and business, join the commies, if not, I will be a one man party :p

A list of Imperialistic influenced Citizen Groups:
The ENCERLS (Renamed the DP)
The NPUS
The IIP
The Sparta Group

A list of Industrial Pacifist influenced Citizen Groups:
The CIV4 CP (Communist Party)

A list of Comrades:
Nomad Bryce
Donovan Zoi
koondrad
mhcarver
Illini Rule
CaliSurfer
schardiego
Phantom Lord

Ugh, I finally have a party to express my anti expansionist views! Make money not war. And not money off war. No blood money for me. I really hope there are some Civ4 commies to join me!

Hmm... there might be a lack of interest due to the title.
I may be interested in joining, but do you not think State Property is an option at all?

I will not join, but would also likje to say that this is the Anti-Communist party. And seems to go against many of the views of communism

Honorable Nomad Bryce,

What's in a name? And what is to be said of those who cannot see beyond their own world view? Members of our fledgling nation can prove nothing pertaining to the definition of Communism in other worlds, so as far as I can see, this Communist Party is aptly named and is a legitimate operation.

That said, I humbly request membership to your party. We will need the forthrightness of many to stave off the desires of those who wish to meet our destiny strictly "by the numbers." Let us take the honorable route, and may all of our dealings be true!

Behold the age of idealism, embodied in the first great party of our tribe! May others who find their way here see beyond their misconceptions and join us in our noble pursuits!

I pledge my allegiance to the Communist Party of [yet to be named]!

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi
Idealistic Rogue

communists favor economy, in one of the prominent ideas of communism that most communists can agree on, the people who control the economy control the government. As a Civ4 commie, I believe that we should strive for the biggest income possible for buildings and science. But state property does not really help the economy. Most communist states have tried state property and found that it does not accomplish the desired goals. Therefor I personally have no oppinion on the state property civic. Free Market will be a much more favored choice for a communist party.

Donovan Zoi, together we will work as a counter to the imperialists. I am very glad to have you onboard! This party is a reaction to the forming of numerous imperialistic parties. I waited for 3 days for a group to join that was anti-imperialist, but when none came I decided it was time for someone to step up in opposition.

Nomad Bryce said:
I waited for 3 days for a group to join that was anti-imperialist, but when none came I decided it was time for someone to step up in opposition.

It's great to have your own party, but you should not see yourself as the antithesis of any group(s) and define yourself as anti something. You should see your group as for something.

I do say that that I resent my group being singled out; The IIP is the most peaceful of the Imperial groups out there. Also you could have join IIP as we welcome everone even those who disagree. Our Basileus favors dissent as a means to further discussion.

Also we only believe in going to war should we fail in our quest, for our goals, in science or building.
-KL

When I say anti-imperial I mean a group for pacifism and internal improvement, not external expansion.

Fair enough, I misunderstood.
-KL

lol koondrad, I just wrote you a pm asking if you wanted to or not :p I guess thats a yes.

I am the Future said:
I will not join, but would also likje to say that this is the Anti-Communist party. And seems to go against many of the views of communism

Actually, it is far closer to real Communism than anything that has been tried in real life. The problem is that places like China do not subscribe to Marx's or even Lenin's philosophies.

I'm not sure whether I would like to join, but I will consider it.

By the way, it seems odd that the leader of the Communist Party and the leader of the National Religious Organisation should be the same person...

Alighieri said:
By the way, it seems odd that the leader of the Communist Party and the leader of the National Religious Organisation should be the same person...

Yes I recognize actual communist philosophy to disenfranchise religion. I myself am a devout Won Buddhist and attend 6 hours of temple a week, not including at home meditation. But as a very spiritual person I am also very pro-religuous freedom (in real life of course) and enjoy the company of many atheist friends and their philosophies. That being said, I would like to seperate the two. My position in the NRO is not a leadership position, I just edit the member list and such. As for the communist party, I may be an extremely pro Industrial Pacifist and activist, but this is more of a union of similar thinking philosophers. So I'm not really the leader of either.

Okay. I didn't really mean it as "you shouldn't be allowed to do that" or anything. I just thought it was funny. :p

Nomad Bryce said:
The NPUS
The IIP
The Sparta Group

:woohoo: My group my your list. Is this list anything like Stalin's list of people to dissapear?

:cry: Why's my group on the bottom?
-KL:mischief:

No, this is nothing like this so called stalin's list. It is to show, for those of us pacifists, the alarming rate at which the opposite philosophy is propagating. It is like stating the amount of nucleur nations. It is a warning.

Nomad Bryce said:
Originally Posted by Nomad Bryce
The NPUS
The IIP
The Sparta Group

I will note that the NPUS has a neutral point on imperialism upon others, but is strongly against imperialism on us. We seek favorable circumstances in all our dealings, but we will not necessarly use that to impose our will on others. We are neither pro-imperialism nor against it, though we share alot of points in comon with the imperialist party.

Also, you said self-suffiency was bad? It does not mean that my party wants to reach a state of self-sufficiency to cut all trades, but to put us in better positions to make deals, or to better survive trade embargos.

Top Bottom