Citizen Honors Nominations

Strider

In Retrospect
THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD. PLEASE TAKE ALL DISCUSSION TO HERE. PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE NOMINATING A CITIZEN FOR AN HONOR.

You many nominate a fellow citizen an honor here (no self-nominations). When nominating a citizen for an honor, please state the following:

1. Name
  2. Honor Being Nominated For
  3. Reason for the nomination

If the honor is then seconded by another citizen (no self-second nominations), the honor will goto a poll (Yes, No, Abstain format) of the house. If the poll receives a simple majority of yes votes inside of the house it is then sent to the current President, who can either veto or accept the honor. However, if the poll reachs the current quorum, then it is automatically accepted.

Note: If you a seconding a nomination, please write a paragraph as to why you believe that person deserves the honor.

You many nominate someone for the following honors:

Military: Outstanding work with our nations military.
Domestic: Outstanding work with our nations Domestic Affairs.
Science: Outstanding work with our nations Scientific Affairs.
Trade: Outstanding work with our nations Trade Affairs
Culture: Outstanding work with Wonder development or cultural affairs.
Leadership: Outstanding work in organizing and leading fellow demogame citizens.
Judicial: Outstanding work in the Judiciary
Debate: Strong ability to win over votes for there side in a debate
Foreign Affairs: Outstanding work in our nations Foreign Affairs.
Provincial: Outstanding work in city affairs.
Outstanding Citizenship: Honor dedicated for a citizens brilliance and ideas, in all demogame affairs.
Dedication: Shows a strong dedication to demogame affairs.

Honor Ranking System:
If a citizen is honored with the same honor twice then they receive a certain rank. The ranks are as follows:

Honor received (only received honor once)
Honor received with Oakleaves (received honor twice)
Honor received with Golden Oakleaves (received honor three times)

List of current Honored Citizens:
Chieftess is honored for Dedication
Zarn is honored for Provincial
Sir Donald III for Domestic

Provolution
Leadership

While he was active, he motivated many people and set forth game changing ideals that were unfortunately not implemented.

Cyc
Judicial, dedication, leadership, debate.

Cyc has been, as long as I have been around (mid term DG2), a citizen with dedication to and love for the game, A strong debater, A great & magnificent Judiciary member, a great mentor and inspirator for new citizens and has always stayed loyal to his own opinions on what the importance of the game is and how it should be handled. He holds firmly onto old DG principles such as 'Camelot shields' and 'educational and entertaining writings and RPG's' . He has never given up on in his point of view, even if there were strong movements against his wishes.

It is not always easy to join his vision or to be glad about the way he expresses his opinions, but that is not important for a Honorable Citizen award.

This award is about honoring citizens who have given their heart and soul for it. And I have only truly seen 1 person do that; Cyc. If anyone deserves it it is him. He has even sacrificed and made himself vulnerable for a forum-ban on several occasions for the sole purpose of expressing his opinion on the DemoGame. If that isn't dedication I don't know what is.

Cheiftess- Dedication.

she seems to do lots around here, and to get up at 5am to play a turnchat is very dedicated.

Disclaimer: Im new and i only know what i see, there could be many of people who do just as much as her.

I second Cyc.

He has done an outstanding job in the judicary. The format is great, he responds quickly, and he is a professional at it. He voices his opinions, whether they be in the majority or the overwhelming minority. He also backs them up with facts and pictures. I have seen him post them almost everywhere, thus assuring that he is an active participant to the Demogame. And being around since the beginning, I sure hope he's around until the end.

I would like to second Chieftess's nomination for Dedication.

Putting aside the personal impact that she had done onto me in a negative way. The reason I wish to second her is her uncanny dedication to the demogame. I have known hwe since the time I first came to the Demogame back in DG1 and have seen first hand how dedicated she was. Dispide leaving he demogame on her own terms, she was still there to cretique what is going on in the demogame during her absence from the game.

Note to Strider: Please feel free to send my paragraph through a spell/grammar check ;).

I second Provolution for leadership.

His ideals were great, but I think he was underestimated and still is to this day. Maybe one day, people here will realize what he tried to do for this game.

I nomimate KCCrusader for Judicial.

I noticed his very strong dedication to the Judiciary, and I see no bias in his posting, which is crucial for any member of the court.

I nominate Zarn in provincial. He ran the first province for two terms, which was not easy since the province was only split up during the end. I think he did a great job handling being governor in the most cruicial point, and set our cities on the right track.

I nominate Strider for Citizenship.

Why? Beacause he made the Citizen Honors Nominations!!!

Epimethius said:
I nominate Zarn in provincial. He ran the first province for two terms, which was not easy since the province was only split up during the end. I think he did a great job handling being governor in the most cruicial point, and set our cities on the right track.
I second Zarn. He provided excellent build queues in the times our nation needed it most. He was dedicated the first 2 terms to provinces, I dont think he ran for anything else. Plus we all love Repblican Governors ;)

Cyc
Dedication, leadership, debate.

Cyc has been, as long as I have been around (mid term DG2), a citizen with dedication to and love for the game, A strong debater, A great mentor and inspirator for new citizens and has always stayed loyal to his own opinions on what the importance of the game is and how it should be handled. He holds firmly onto old DG principles such as 'Camelot shields' and 'educational and entertaining writings and RPG's' . He has never given up on in his point of view, even if there were strong movements against his wishes.

It is not always easy to join his vision or to be glad about the way he expresses his opinions, but that is not important for a Honorable Citizen award.

This award is about honoring citizens who have given their heart and soul for it. And I have only truly seen 1 person do that; Cyc. If anyone deserves it it is him. He has even sacrificed and made himself vulnerable for a forum-ban on several occasions for the sole purpose of expressing his opinion on the DemoGame. If that isn't dedication I don't know what is.

Rik Meleet said:
Cyc
Dedication, leadership, debate.

Cyc has been, as long as I have been around (mid term DG2), a citizen with dedication to and love for the game, A strong debater, A great mentor and inspirator for new citizens and has always stayed loyal to his own opinions on what the importance of the game is and how it should be handled. He holds firmly onto old DG principles such as 'Camelot shields' and 'educational and entertaining writings and RPG's' . He has never given up on in his point of view, even if there were strong movements against his wishes.

I second cyc for dedication as he has been around since DG I and has been an active participent each DG. He is also one of the most dedicated people in the judiciary.

I believe I can only second him on 1 of the honors, otherwise they would all be mumbled in the same poll.

Strider could you please actually post how this works, including info about how abstain is a no vote, and all this stuf.....

Black_Hole said:
I second cyc for dedication as he has been around since DG I and has been an active participent each DG. He is also one of the most dedicated people in the judiciary.

I believe I can only second him on 1 of the honors, otherwise they would all be mumbled in the same poll.

Strider could you please actually post how this works, including info about how abstain is a no vote, and all this stuf.....

Actually, I'm throwing around some ideas in my mind right now. So I'll wait on this poll, because if I decide to do it some ways, then Cyc will get the honor.

I nominate Sir_Donald_III for Domestic.

SD3 is a relative newcomer to the DGs. He has provided comprehensive TC Instructions for the Domestic office for terms 2 and 3. He brings up important subjects for discussion.

classical_hero said:
Shouldn't all these honours be for this game and not for what has happened in other DemoGames? Notice Americans, their is meant to be a u in honour. :D

Notice everyone else, there isn't meant be to a U. Honour is the French way to spell it, and here in America we spell it honor.

Top Bottom