1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Citizen initiative : Continuous constitution proposal

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Fier Canadien, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

As seen in June and July of this year, but also in November and December of 2003, the ruleset adoption, and particularily the constitution, of the new demogames is always very problematic, and it is getting worse every time we try to make it better.

This time, it even led to what I call a "constitutionnal débacle".

This is what I propose: let's make our constitution (for DG6) ready and tuned, while the game is in motion.

This will allow us to get rid of the traditionnal two months of moot time between the demogames, and will provide us with better, cleaner, and smarter documents.

Obviously, the point of the whole thing is to get advice from the whole citizenry, and to have time to get the suggestions included.

For those that might ask the question, even if I didn't take part at all in the writing of any kind of rule for the past or current demogames, I am willing to take all the time required to write all the ruleset, considering the citizen's propositions, and to amend them at will untill we come with a satisfying document.

By the way, any imput, propositions or relevant text/jurisprudence/advice is more than welcome.

2. Immortal

Immortal Deity

Okay I agree, but I wouldnt suggest we start on the sixth one right now.

Lets not put the carriage ahead of the horses here Fier, things will be far clearer after at least 1 term, perhaps 2.

3. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

Last time we said that, we forgot about it and ended up having the last two months of (relative) inactivity.

And don't forget: we don't have only the contitution to get done, it would also be good to have a comprehensive lawset, which always gets lots of time to get made, as it is made of many articles and various visions go free for all in those discussions...

4. Immortal

Immortal Deity

There isn't anything that can be done right now because we havent discovered what works and what doesn't. I support what youre saying here, all I ask is that you have some patience and start this back up in a month or so.

The second paragraph didnt make any sense to me.

5. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

What I meant is that the constitution isn't all of our rules. There are also (usualy) laws that are more specific. Every single time we talk about adopting a law, the discussion about the law itself is more like a battle than a meeting of civilised people. Because of this, getting a law (a single of them) right and acceptable takes lots of time, and a completed code usualy requires dozens, if not more, of laws.

edit: remember: I never said it had to be done quick. If it takes six months (the average duration of a dg), then it will.

6. Immortal

Immortal Deity

I think it was a serious mistake to wait until the game ended before DG4 decided to scrap the constitution, CoL, and CoS altogether. Not taking into account unforseen problems in the future such as illness or death I will be helping you in your endeavour.