Citizen Pulse: Deputies

How should deputies be chosen

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Civman2004

Something goes here...
Okays people, here we go again:

What do you think about deputies? How should they get into their positions? (If enough support goes away from the existing method of election runner-up, I may consider a constitutional ammendment proposal).

When will you people give up?! With the chat stopping, the 5CC, so many things repolled. Why must everything be repolled the moment we get more voters?! Just live with it! I'm tired of this!

Well, at least we can't have a forth poll on 5CC. But seriously, this was decided by a poll, and no one seems to mind now. There are a number of deputies doing their jobs currently. I am one of them. I fought hard for my position, and I would like to think that I deserve at least to be deputy. Why should I not get that because the guy who beat me did? The people wanted me almost as much as they wanted Noldodan, so I should almost get the job. Why do you want to change this?

And the direct election idea is just a way to get even more pointless elections. Deputy is not an actual position, and I really don't think that giving it elections on its own is a good idea. I don't see why anyone would run in the first place. Its just a waste, really.

I think this idea is useless like Epimethius says. These Deputy elections would be Time consuming, time should be spent in playing the game...I say no go to any of the choices. The person they elect to join the government should be the one to appoint and fire Deputies as they so choose.

KtarraMoon
Newbie to Demogame

Welcome to the game, KtarraMoon. :) Apparently, you missed the second option which states that deputies should be appointed by the Department leader.

I too voted for leader appointment.

Epimethius and other new players, let me ask you this:

In securing a deputy position, do you find it preferable to be awarded the deputy spot as a mere booby prize just for playing, or would it mean more to be recognized by a leader and gain a position that way?

Whether you believe it or not, the Demogame vets are notorious for nurturing new talent. We want the newbies to stick around and we feel a sense of pride when a former newcomer reaches new heights and joins the old guard themselves. So to me, the appointment process builds community because it allows citizens to select other citizens to join their cause.

Ask Rik Meleet about Cyc. Ask DaveShack about me. Ask me about Shaitan, donsig....or Cyc. Ask Cyc about.......wait, Cyc was born here. :lol:

Point is, we have all been new to the game at one time, know what it's like to feel left out in the beginning, and know how good it feels for a vet to recognize your efforts. Unfortunately, we have never had the opportunity(save for DG3, I think) to do this within the government construct because we have almost always just soullessly defaulted to the guy in second place.

Not that it's a total bad thing, but the deputy and the leader were opponents during the election, and now they are supposed to put aside their differences and run a department smoothly. Don't get me wrong...sometimes it works out. But I still believe that the leader should be able to choose his/her own staff, and in many cases would probably retain the second-place vote getter.

Why don't we try it and see. An appointment can be immediate and can be subject to a refusal poll. Vote Appointed by election winner!

Sike and I were mayors of Khatovar consecutively when you were but a wee lad in the demogame DZ.

Then I was just a gleam in my dad's eye at that point, Morty. ;) I joined the game in DG2 Term 2.

I suddenly feel as though I wasted my best years arguing with Bill_In_PDX.... :cry:

I believe Deputies should be the runner up. I also believe that we should be able to cast two votes for each position. That way the Deputy would be elected. Hmmm, do I sense a future amendment?

What for are deputies??? I thought it is Democracy game and every citizen is represented by himself. Demogame society is so small that it no need deputies. I will not vote on this poll :shakehead

I agree with Comnenus here, cumulation is the way to go, two votes for each post. However, if the candidates are too different...we need another solution.

Provolution said:
I agree with Comnenus here, cumulation is the way to go, two votes for each post. However, if the candidates are too different...we need another solution.

Currently, there is no way to efficiently limit voters to just two votes. They can either votes for one option, or vote for multiple options. when multiple options is chosen by the poll creator, the voter can vote for as many options as they like. The honor system is to difficult to maitain. :)

Deputies should be the Runner up of election for ministerial position.

Comnenus said:
I believe Deputies should be the runner up. I also believe that we should be able to cast two votes for each position. That way the Deputy would be elected. Hmmm, do I sense a future amendment?

Funny, I don't smell anything....or do I? :dubious: ;)

I would never support a law that would recognize votes for what is essentially an internship, and I am sure I would get some backing on that. Why water down the electoral process?

Besides that, it would be much too hard to implement, as Cyc said.

Let's sponsor legislation that will bring these two factions closer together; not farther apart.

Meant to hit runner up elections instead of direct elections. (mis-read the poll option)

-if there is a major policy difference, I have poblem with runner ups.
In that case I am for direct appointmens by minister.

Deputies should be appointed by the Winner of the Elections because then the two people will hopefully know each other quite well or have respect and understanding and so work better than if two people who dont know each other and disagree on policy thrown together by chance...the elections are chance as to the runner up, he isn't the second most popular, but Ill leave that to the side.

Deputies appointed by Ministers!

deputies should be appointed, because then someone who lost in an election is put into office, maybe the reason some ppl didnt vote for the person that is deputy, is because they dont like him/her

I am strongly against having the deputies being appointed. I personaly think that this is a bad idea as seen in DG4. Personaly, I beleve that the runner-up canidates should be made deputies. I disagree with Black Hole's reason since there are other people who voted for that canadate to see him/her as a leader but for some reason, only gets to the runner-up position.

Also, this is getting a little tireing since we already had a poll regarding deputies and we chose that Deputies are chosen by whom ever was the runner-up in the elections. I dont beleve we should go mucking around with the set up we decided early before the game started.

Why should the runner up get the position? The runnerup is the first lose (no offense here) so why would he/she get a deputy position? Ministers need to be able to pick their own staff so they can run their portion of the gov smoothly. This would be like having Bush being pres and Gore being VP, not a very good idea.

Top Bottom