1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Citizens Assembly: Budget Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by Sigma, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Sigma

Sigma Censor

Citizens,

It's been a while since we've had an official Citizens Assembly vote on our budget. I'm opening this discussion so the various officials will have a chance to post some information, and the citizens can have a chance to discuss before the poll opens.

I would like to poll two things: Where should we set the sliders now, and how should we change them as the term goes on?

For the "Where should we set the sliders now" question, this will simply be a cumulative poll of the positions where the science slider can be set. Right now we're at 30%, with a small increase in gold, and Code of Laws to finish in 3 turns. We can't really turn it up any higher without going into the red, and we don't have a high enough kitty to support it.
    As far as the culture slider goes, we're currently at 0%, and with our economy in the state its in right now, I doubt anyone would want to raise it. If any one citizen expresses interest in raising the culture slider, I will poll it, otherwise I will not.

For the "How should we change them as the term goes on" question, this won't be an official vote because it is subjective, but it will give a good idea when to poll again. I imagine there would be three options: keep the science slider as high as possible without going in the red (maximizes research), keep the science slider where it is (keeps research going, builds a small kitty), lower science after some important techs (builds up a large kitty).

Please post your thoughts here, or any other suggestions if you have them. So we can keep things moving, I'll open the polls in about 2 days.

2. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

maximizing research in one branch of the tech tree (sea-faring probably) and possibly trade some techs out of the tree with Russia and Germany.

3. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

For the sliders I say keep as close to zero as possible. We need money , but we also need research just as much. We'll just have to do all we can with cottages and other schemes for the money.

4. Sigma

Sigma Censor