1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Citizens Group: Brotherhood of Steel

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: Citizens' started by Immortal, Apr 26, 2003.

1. ScorpiusAP

ScorpiusAP Chieftain

Hurray!

2. America444

America444 Coming Back To Life

Congradulations CivGeneral:goodjob:and I wish to join the brotherhood

3. Immortal

Immortal Deity

quick question: do we need to elect a leader or spokesman? or is it unnecessary?

Personally I find it unnecessary.

4. Peri

Peri Vote early and vote often

My own strategy:

I think that we should be in a position where each city can repel an initial attack and hold out long enough to be relieved by our army.
    In times of peace while we consolidate we should have a small mobile army of the best offensive units available to achieve the above
    When we are at war we should have a larger army of appropriate types with our 'peace time' army forming the backbone.
    Our cities should be capable of churning out units as required to achieve full mobilization in shortest time.
    Land is the key to success so I believe we should dermine our weakest neighbour and eliminate him asap. Then we can concentrate on building up our infrastructure to allow us to take on the next enemy.

I am concerned that our group might be accused of acting as a political party but since I am new here ignore me :lol:

5. Peri

Peri Vote early and vote often

Wont the Military Leader be representing our views in the government in this case our own CivGen.
    As far as this group is concerned surely is up to us as individuals set the agenda for discussion. Everyone should be able to step up to the mike and have his say. However as Immortal is the founder of this group then perhaps he can act as a guide if we lose direction.

6. Eklektikos

Eklektikos Eponymous

Agreed. No official spokesperson is necessary.

7. Immortal

Immortal Deity

this is definitely the method we should follow, it will take a delicate balance in order to not become a defacto political party. But I think we can do it quite reasonably.

8. alamo

alamo bang!

Congratulations to CivGeneral, and a welcome to maples45
    and America444.

1 more point:

I don't really favor building a bunch of mixed-quality troops if we cannot use them before they become obsolete. It would be much better to have fewer high-quality troops and spend the extra on tech and infrastructure. That would put us in a better position to mobilize (literally or figuratively) when the inevitable war occurs.

9. Cpt Kaos

Cpt Kaos Chieftain

I'd like to join this brotherhood. Too much peace ends up making people complacent and easy to knock over.

10. Immortal

Immortal Deity

okay, now that we know our lands, I think it would be a good idea to start a search for huts, so that we might be able to find some useful technologies and even some really nice units. I also think we should try to get iron working as fast as possible.

11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Deity

Agreed. We need to get Iron Working quickly so that we can overtake our enemies early on. The Legionary is a potent weapon. :)

12. Azale

Azale Deity

Agreed, Immortal. If we have spearmen already, we just build a warrior (pretty obvious though)

If we're lucky, maybe we'll get iron in them there hills.;)

13. Reddwarfian

Reddwarfian E're now! Whats all this?

It's a helluva start, ain't it?

14. Panzer

Panzer Mobile Front

It could turn around quickly though if there is iron in those hills.

15. Cpt Kaos

Cpt Kaos Chieftain

Then we expand as quickly as possible without exposing ourselves.

16. alamo

alamo bang!

Welcome to Cpt Kaos.

We really need a settler factory first. The capital will have stunted growth. Warrior scouts should circle around until local area revealed.

I was just reading the GOTM QSC results. Ribannah took top place by having a lone archer go on the offensive. Archer scouts are something to consider if we trade for Warrior Code.

What if an enemy Scout comes within range?

17. maples45

maples45 Chieftain

Personally I suggest that we seek to expand our territory peacefully until all available/worthwhile land has been settled. Then and only then should we turn to war to advance out territories. A large urban base will allow for greater military production in the future. Thus, a large emphasis should initally be placed on settlers and explorative units, as well as defensive units.

18. alamo

alamo bang!

If we have warrior scouts roaming around and an expansionist scout comes too close we should consider killing it. There appears to be many huts to pop. Getting a settler could be huge.
    :hammer:

With 3 warriors we should already be at parity with the other civs, right? Most likely any war would be short (as long as it's not Shaka or Monty).

19. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

We must take full advantage of our Legions when we get them, we should stock up on Legions and go rampaging across the country side to establish an early dominance.

This includes stoccking up on Warriors and money to upgrade them when Iron is connected.

20. alamo

alamo bang!

The emphasis needs to be on prebuild so the entire GA is not spend building troops. Building courthouses in the distant cities should get a few turns at least.

Now that we have a target w/o an early UU we need to push this agenda.