1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Citizens Group: Brotherhood of Steel

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: Citizens' started by Immortal, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

Don't bother with Citizen Groups, Sarevok. They are generally one-week wonders that get a bunch of people to sign on to and then die. The only citizen group that did anything useful this game was the Polling Standards Commission, though even it died a couple of months ago.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Im hoping to revive the Citizens groups in DG4. I do not want to see them die in a few weeks.

4. Sarevok

oh, ok. i had posted here on my first day in the game... and well that was nearly 2 weeks ago, so i decided to post again to see if someone would respond. but oh well.

5. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Citizen's Groups die because they have no power. Nobody has put forth a strategy for a CitGroup yet that allows that group to actually exert its will on the nation. They are toothless and once people realize this, they lose interest.

Then again, the most logical form of power that a CitGroup can hope to wield would be through elections, and any endoresments of candidates might come dangerously close to violating the rule against political parties.

6. Sarevok

why arent there political parties anyway? i heard they caused trouble, but i never found out what kind of trouble.