Citizen's Group: Defenders of the Free Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster

Deity
Welcome one and all to the Defenders of the Free Republic, a non-ideological, non-political, non-exclusive Citizen's Group. We are an organization devoted to a single goal: the protection of the rights of the citizenry and the preservation of the integrity of our democratic system. Below is our missions statement and our bylaws:

Mission Statement
The Defenders of the Free Republic is dedicated to the protection of citizen's rights, preserving the democratic system of our nation, and ensuring that sovereignty is held popularly by the people -- NOT by an oligarchial group of aristocrats, plutocrats, and bureaucrats. The Divine Right of the People to rule is the most sacred and holy of our national ideals -- if popular sovereignty dies and big government rises, than the Republic is dead.

Bylaws

-This organization is non-exclusive. That means that a citizen who is a member of this group may join ANY other; the Defenders has no agenda and has no political beliefs, so it is open to Doves and Hawks, Scientists and Economists, Expansionists and Isolationists alike.

-The governing structure of this organization shall be as follows:

President: Head of Organization, in charge of administrative duties. Responsible for organizing all group action and preserving the purity of the groups ideals (IE: If any member begins to take part in activities that erode popular control of the government, the President may evict him from the group.)

Vice President: Assistant to President, holds Presidential Powers in his absence.

Public Relations Secretary: In charge of dealing with governmental departments and with other citizens groups. Also a recruiter.

Advocate-General: In charge of working with Justice Department to bring legal charges against those who have committed crimes against the democratic system.

Member: In the spirit of democracy, members are just as important as any officer. They are the heart and soul of the organization. As a member, keep your eyes open for illegitimate activities, report them to the officers, discuss them in this thread, and help decide what action to take. You are the shield of the Republic.

-This organization is not an arm of the government in any way. It is not affiliated with any department, has no political agenda or creed, and is BY NO MEANS a political party. When working with Justice, we act under our rights as free citizens, and nothing more.

-Crimes against the sovereignty of the people are defined as:

Taking office through illegitimate means under our electoral system.

Ignoring the will of the people as stated by binding polls.

Ignoring build qeues and other popularly-formed orders without stating a legitimate reason why.

Abusing the powers delegated to your office.

Administering dictatorial or oligarchial power over the game (IE: Beginning a war single-handedly without the mandate of the people in situations where it was not completely unavoidable; Beginning a similar war after conferring with only a hnadful of government officials and no regular citizens; blatently disobeying the orders of governors, Science Advisor, Trade Advisor, etc. because "your way is better.")

Suppressing the citizens' will in any way (IE: kicking or silencing citizens without cause in Turn Chats, sabotaging polls and threads, etc.)

-If any official of our government is found to be committing such acts, the Member who catches him/her is required to report to the group. The group is required to use the full extent of its power in prosecuting said official to the fullest extent of the law.

-This group believes in a strict construction of the Constitution. No governmental official may utilize powers not specifically delegated to him/her in the Constitution. Stepping over the line of delegated power will incur the full force of this organization.

-I will be the first President. However, all Group Officials will be elected bi-monthly on the 1st through 4th of the month by a voice vote of all members. This is the testing ground for the purity of our democratic ideals.

--------------------------

Everything clear? Everybody on-board? Anyone want a sandwich?

In closing, allow me to remind you that the fate of democracy rests on your shoulders. Many of us have seen the effects of corrupt government on this game. It is not pretty. We are the last defense of this Republic. We must not fail.

--Grandmaster, President, Defenders of the Free Republic

I wish to join in this Group :)

Welcome aboard CG. Once we have some more members, we'll hold elections. Any interest in being an official?

Amirsan: We are glad for the support of the Philosophers. I must have a look at your group to see where your ideals lean. ;)

Originally posted by Grandmaster
Welcome aboard CG. Once we have some more members, we'll hold elections. Any interest in being an official?

Im interested in the "Public Relations Secretary" Possition. THough I already told you that in the PCMW in #civfanatics ;).

I would like to join this group, as I feel, at least after last game, that we something like this group.

Glad to have you, Noldodan. I agree about last game. While I did not actively participate in the game, I lurked a bit and have read the archives, and find the discourses that take place disgusting. That is largely why I founded this group. Hopefully we, in conjunction with Justice and the citizenry, can prevent such problems from ocuring.

Elections? Bah! The only proper way to have a ruler picked is to have the Lady of the Lake bestow a magic sword onto you....

I'll join this Citizens Group

Originally posted by Vander
Elections? Bah! The only proper way to have a ruler picked is to have the Lady of the Lake bestow a magic sword onto you....
If we had any female players in this game anymore that might be a viable possibility. ;)

Welcome, Strider. :)

Doesn't look like your going to get to many members, 1st post must be to long :p.

Oh well, we can do just as much in a small group.

Yes, sometimes size can simply hinder the workings of a group. A small group of individuals who are dedicated to the ideals of the this group, and who are not fencesitters who joined to be in one more Citizen Group, can accomplish as much as or more than a large, unfocused organization. ;)

Yes, sometimes size can simply hinder the workings of a group. A small group of individuals who are dedicated to the ideals of the this group, and who are not fencesitters who joined to be in one more Citizen Group, can accomplish as much as or more than a large, unfocused organization. ;)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, this is the one and only citizen group I (currently) have any plans on joining.

Well, if you only plan to join one, I'm glad and honored that its this one.

On a more businesslike note, is anybody here contemplating running for a Judicial position in Term 1? Obviously, having a member of this organization as a part of the Judiciary would ensure our ability to exercise our rights as citizens and to help co-ordinate cooperation between this private firm and the public law system.

Of course, it wouldn't be a "party" at all. No block voting or anything like that. Or else I'd have to litigate you for breaking the law. ;)

On a more businesslike note, is anybody here contemplating running for a Judicial position in Term 1? Obviously, having a member of this organization as a part of the Judiciary would ensure our ability to exercise our rights as citizens and to help co-ordinate cooperation between this private firm and the public law system.

Of course, it wouldn't be a "party" at all. No block voting or anything like that. Or else I'd have to litigate you for breaking the law. ;)

Don't look over in my direction, I've never liked the judiciary to begin with, and I have no intentions to run for any poistion this term. I've got to recover whatever repuation I use to have. Once that is complete, THEN I'll think about running for something, but I doubt it.

I might run for Judicial office in Term 1, though I'm not for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom