Citizens Group: National Order of Warmongers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kato
I will join.

That being said, I am more aligned with CivGeneral's personal view rather than the ubiquitous "wage war to beat up the other players!" outlook. War should not be waged for wars sake, nor for conquering or even expansion. War is waged for defense and security reasons only, never to an extreme degree (each war should have a modest goal; for instance, to capture a city or two). War must be quick and as painless as possible (least amount of casualties to our own soldiers, all civilians and even the enemies units if at all possible).

Lastly, when I say for defense or security reasons, I just mean to protect our cities/improvements from an attacking enemy and (in the case of security) to deal with rogue nations that are a clear and immediate threat to either of the two aforementioned things. We should also not go out of our way to avoid angering potentially war-waging countries, as we should not be bullied. Whenever possible, however, these issues and all issues around possible or actual war should be handled with a good deal of diplomacy.

:confused:

This doesnt make any sense, you say your a warmonger, but you dont want to go to war. Second, potentially war-waging countries will ask for tribute whether they like you or not, and third, if you wage war for defense only, you want to kill the enemy soldiers so they are unlikely to declare soon after

Originally posted by stragegy_gamer

:confused:

This doesnt make any sense, you say your a warmonger, but you dont want to go to war.

I don't mean to be rude with this response, but it doesn't say anywhere in the National Order of Warmongers post that you would have to be a warmonger to join (please ignore the irony of that sentence, since it is only by coincidence that the NOW group has the word "Warmonger" in it). It specifically states that NOW is a group of citizens who are concerned about how we (Fanatica) wage war and for what reasons we wage war, NOT a group of people where all members should be crying for first blood.

Second, potentially war-waging countries will ask for tribute whether they like you or not, and third, if you wage war for defense only, you want to kill the enemy soldiers so they are unlikely to declare soon after

I assume the tribute response has to do with what I stated earlier about how we should not be bullied. I'm not saying that we should never give in to certain things, just that we should be diplomatic to the greatest extent possible, and then use war as a last ditch effort.

About killing enemy soldiers.. this is the second question I've gotten about this. All I am saying is that, from a position of preferred pacifism, it would realistically be most benefitial to kill as few people as possible, while still achieving all of our goals. Thus, I would prefer capturing our objectives early on and sueing for peace, rather than prolonging it just for the sake of destroying their armies. Enemy armies, when they need to be, should be disabled through the seizure of enemy holdings to cut finances and supply (whenever possible). From a computer game point of view, whether you kill those extra 3-4 enemy Knights or not is sort of unimportant if you finish the war one turn quicker.

It's sort of hard for most people to understand, but it actually is pretty simple. Wage the war to end the war, use war if (and only if) other means fail and do not be afraid to wage war (with the proper Means and Ends of war in mind).

Originally posted by CivGeneral

[*]War is a legitimate form of foreign policy, aggressive and defensive.
[/B]

The thing is Kato, is that you are saying that you think war isnt a legit form of foriegn policy.
Second, if you capture one enemy city instead of killing 3 knights, the enemy is still in a good position to REDECLARE war. If you think the AI doesnt care if you go to war with them, think again.
The easiest two ways to stop an enemy from redeclaring war are to pepper them with gifts, or to reduce their empire by so much that they would be lacking critical resources and production.

BTW, if you captured a border city, you would maybe take 2-4 gold from them, whereas if you killed 3 knights, they would lose 210 shields and you would be in a good position to protect your border cities and/or capture more of their cities. If you were near one of their major production cities, i would still kill the knights, even though they might be rebuilt in 12 total turns, because if i did take the major city, i would not have to defend it from the knights

I will join.

No, you won't. ;)

Could we make it clear to new people that the previous game is over, and we're now planning for DGV? Like putting all the DGIV stuff in the archives and moving all the DG5 things into a new forum? This is getting very annoying.

until we get close to done with settings and rulesets, thunderfall wont make a new forum...

ill join, and be as big a warmonger as i can be

okay now what did the 3 or 4 posts right above your post say??? ;) come back in a few moths when we may finally have got this thing started.

ohhh ohhh, pick me. I wanna join.
A good war isnt how many soldiers you have, its how you work your plan.
Trust me, I would be a great addition.

Kato said:
It's sort of hard for most people to understand, but it actually is pretty simple. Wage the war to end the war, use war if (and only if) other means fail and do not be afraid to wage war (with the proper Means and Ends of war in mind).
I wage war at the drop of a hat.
I dont wait until other means fail, I wage war for kicks.
;)
I wage war against land grabbers, I wage war against leaders that get stupid when it comes to trading luxuries or techs.
I wage war, just to wipe another civ off the map.

okay what did i just say? :rolleyes: this game has ended stay tuned for the nominations for the new game, though im not sure if there in the same forum or a new home.

OKAY STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD, EVERYONE,

STOP POSTING THE GAME IS OVER

has everyone grasped the meaning now :rolleyes:

New Players: this citizens group is dead for the moment. If you post to join here, know that you wont be an actual member of the new group when it is founded when the new game starts.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom