[TOT] City at Underworld on bedrock can not produce settlers

deepforest

Chieftain
Hi to all!) I have a question. First of all sorry for my poor English) Why if i build city at Underworld on bedrock it can not be produce settlers(G miners in my save) other units produces good. See attached save file.

ps Win7x32, Civ2TOT patched 1.1, TOTPP 0.15

Attachments

• or_b3280---.sav
    294.2 KB · Views: 76
Hi to all!) I have a question. First of all sorry for my poor English) Why if i build city at Underworld on bedrock it can not be produce settlers(G miners in my save) other units produces good. See attached save file.

ps Win7x32, Civ2TOT patched 1.1, TOTPP 0.15
First, there are only certain races that can produce settlers in the Underworld, unless they have bribed a Dwarf (cost is 287 gold).

Second, why are you building cities on bedrock? :confused:

The way to build settlers is to have your city in either a light blue space, a dark blue space, or a red space. Those can be irrigated and mined, as well. Use Dwarves to transform bedrock to tunnels, and tunnels to Rooms (the aforementioned blue tiles) and then you can build your city. But this can take a long time, so it's easier to just find an area you like (next to the sea, so you can irrigate), build your city, and you're off. Don't neglect the fortifications or Sorcerors as the Barbarians down there are absolutely vicious (and one is invisible; you will need to listen for the sound it makes as it advances).

Alternately, you could play the Goblins or Stygians, and you can create settler units to your heart's content... as long as your city isn't on bedrock or a tunnel.

Don't ever build a city on the Gate of Hel tile. It will disappear from both the Surface World and the Underworld.

Hello again!:)
Sorry for take long time to return here.
I feeling retro-nostalgia for old-good-games(gems) from 90s Golden Era of Game Making:hatsoff:

Question the same. If i am right understand from ToT manual, Goblins race is native to Underworld.
At start of Goblin game i have two starting units - G miner at Surface and G miner at Underworld.
Why i have second G miner at Underworld?
If i use them for build new city at Underworld i cant make new G miners here, i can order G miner, but production is neverend, where is logic, please someone explain that, it is bug or rule?

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 10
Yes, the Goblins are native to the Underworld. So are the Stygians. Both of them can build settler units underground and on the surface. The Buteo are another race that has two options for building settlers, though theirs is the surface and the clouds.

It's one of the perks of playing these specialty races that you have multiple options for building settlers. It's also handy for exploration, since your underground Goblin miner (settler) could be quite far away vertically from your surface Goblin miner. ToT is a game where you constantly have to think three-dimensionally on a 4-level map, so you don't put crucial units and cities in each other's way.

This is why Sorcerers are so handy - they can teleport to all levels so you can have a look around. They have limited movement, though, and have to end their turn in a city or on a platform, or they'll crash. In the initial turns of a game, they're very handy for scouting good places to build cities and seeing where your enemies are, if they're close enough.

You should be able to build Goblin miners in both underground and surface cities, as long as your cities aren't built on tiles like bedrock, tunnels, or other impassable terrain.

Yes, the Goblins are native to the Underworld. So are the Stygians. Both of them can build settler units underground and on the surface. The Buteo are another race that has two options for building settlers, though theirs is the surface and the clouds.

You should be able to build Goblin miners in both underground and surface cities, as long as your cities aren't built on tiles like bedrock, tunnels, or other impassable terrain.
Thanks for reply!
Ok. If i can build G miners why production never ends at Underworld city?
Its happens because city stand at bedrock?
Ok. Why is it not mentioned anywhere(civilopedia, manual), where i can build and where i can not build cities?
What mean "impassable terrain"? G miners also can pass through bedrock and tunnels.

How that can be?

Attachments

• terrain.jpg
    terrain.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 7
  • bedrock.jpg
    bedrock.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 11
Why G miner can not be produced here?

Attachments

• impassible terrain2.jpg
    impassible terrain2.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 13
Almost resolve my question.
Why new produced "G miner" take one citizen?

Attachments

• G miner3.jpg
    G miner3.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 8
  • G miner4.jpg
    G miner4.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 10
Ok. Next question)
Why at Despotism Food income from Fungual Groves is 2 but at Fanatism Food income from Fungual Groves is 3?

Attachments

• despotism-fungual groves-2food.jpg
    despotism-fungual groves-2food.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 5
  • fanatism-fungual groves-3food.jpg
    fanatism-fungual groves-3food.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 6
Ok. Next question)
Why at Despotism Food income from Fungual Groves is 2 but at Fanatism Food income from Fungual Groves is 3?
Sounds like Despotism is the same as Despotism in the base game, certain food sources produce 1 less food under Despotism than under higher government forms.

Thanks.
for myself RTFM:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-16-19-35-37-038.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-16-19-35-37-038.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2024-02-16-19-35-55-614.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-02-16-19-35-55-614.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom