City Buildings Not Displaying

Ares692

Chieftain
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a part of the update, but buildings that are built in cities aren't appearing in the city itself. For example, a barracks that is build in a city just doesn't appear within the city on the map, rather the city just looks like a cluster of houses. Some buildings do still display, such as walls and the palace, but the majority of buildings just don't show up.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

That's a part of an XML (I believe) change to improve performance. Only wonders/religious shrines/fortifications are being displayed.

That's a part of an XML (I believe) change to improve performance. Only wonders/religious shrines/fortifications are being displayed.

Awesome! Thank you, do you have any idea how I can change that? I'd prefer to have them on, even if it's just a cosmetic thing.

Edit Assets\XML\A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml, line 449. Change <iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal> to <iDefineIntVal>131</iDefineIntVal> to show all buildings. A value of 1 displays anything defined as a National or World Wonder, a value of 2 displays anything with city defense greater than 0, and a value of 128 displays everything else. 131 is 1+2+128. It's meant to save memory by not displaying all buildings, and it's been that way for quite some time.

I think we need a new, stickied and locked, FAQ thread. Nothing against you, as the answer is fairly deeply hidden in the XML, but this question comes up often, and the current stickied Frequently Asked Questions thread is a bit of a mess.

Top Bottom