1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

City Center Building with Location Requirement?

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by FurionHuang, May 25, 2017.

1. FurionHuang

FurionHuang Warlord

Folks, I created a UB which is a replacement of Watermill in City Center for my new Civ. Since my new Civ design is a strong naval one, I want to boost yields from that building to fishing boats but restrict the building requirement to be City is coastal.
    First hunch was to find out what the Australia trait does. But that was a plot yield change modifier. While mine is a building prereq.
    Then thought what about coastal wonders. Ok they only required AdjacentDistrict being "Harbor" or RequiredTerrain being "TERRAIN_COAST". That only makes sense when the building needs placement. Same as the "coast" boolean value from Beach Resort I found the closest to what I want. But didn't work.
    Reading through all the buildings, and the sql Schema, the only prereq terrain/feature for a building that doesn't need a placement is the freakin "RequireAdjacentRiver" for Watermill. No resource prereq as projects and units, no terrain requirement as wonders that need placement...

Impossible? Please help smart people, there must be a way.
    PS: either restricted to coastal cities, or coastal cities/existing harbor test any, or city has sea resources are acceptable solutions.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Yes, seems that they forgot to code the effect of the "Coast" Boolean from the Buildings DB into the game... Only workaround I can think of (except a bug report then waiting...) is the use of Lua and dummy buildings

3. FurionHuang

FurionHuang Warlord

I figured... Also seems resource required building is impossible without LUA.

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

I'm in the middle of major structure overhaul of the linked system. Hope to have it published this weekend. Re-work of the system will vastly simplify using the system for other mod-makers and will eliminate the oddball corner-case mod-conflict issues that arise because mod and mod-file loading orders are not as stable in Civ6 as we would all like.

5. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

6. FurionHuang

FurionHuang Warlord

Just had a chance to look at your dummy buildings utilities. They are absolutely awesome. But one question I have: in civilopedia would the real building show a prereq building as this dummy building?

7. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

So long as no other mod interferes with the UI files of the "Systems" mod, no.

-------------------------------------------------------

Every once in a while a city production qeue will show a 'real' building as being greyed-out (unavailable) for a city, but as soon as UI systems refresh even this will go away and the production panel will not show the 'real' building as a possible (though currently unavailable option) for that city. This has to do with Firaxis and the lag between UI and actual gameplay states for which there's nothing I know of I can do.