City Centers within 6 tiles of multiple Power Plants = multiple bonuses?

perer005

Chieftain
There are buildings in two District types and one Wonder that gives every City Center within 6 tiles their bonus. Seeing this I considered trying Japan with densly packed Cities boosting each other.

Edit: I remember seeing something (policy?) increase this range from 6 to 8 tiles, was I drunk or does this exist? If so then it is possible to make every Zoo give bonus to 17 cities!!

Can anyone confirm if a City Center in 6 tile range of multiple e.g. Power Plants will get a bonus from each one, or only get the bonus once?

To my knowledge the following have a 6 tile radius
Zoo (Entertainment District)
Stadium (Entertainment District)
Electronics Factory (Industrial Districs) [UB Japan]
Power Plant (Industrial District)
Colluseum (Wonder built next to Entertainment District)

Last edited:
I think that's how it works, but I haven't seen confirmation.

Yes, the Quill18 let's play Rome demonstrated that multiple factories in range resulted in a bonus from each factory.

This was clearly demonstrated when he created a new city in the middle of the empire and immediately the town had a significant production capability coming from multiple surrounding factories.

I guess you could pack cities together too get more of these benefits, but they wouldn't grow very large

OT, but how does Japan's Meiji Restoration work? It's tied to denser cities too?
The Meiji restoration improves the adjacency bonuses districts provide to each other.... those adjacency bonuses only affect the city that owns (and built)the district.

Japan favors denser cities because districts from different cities can be adjacent to each other

Thanks for the quick reply, didn't watch all Quill's Rome parts!

Was there a policy card that increased that range rrom 6 to 8? Or was that a wonder?

Mort_Q: Meji Restorations changes districts with "+1 for every 2 adjacent Districts" into "+1 for every adjacent District". So the opportunities to benefit from this increases if densly packing cities, but it's no requirement.

Will try a silly super dense city spam as Japan first game on easy, then grovel for science/culture crumbs from the evil overlords as Russia on Diety :D

Krikkitwo: But a Japanease District from City A can still get a bonus from being built next to Districts/wonders from Japans City B?

Krikkitwo: But a Japanease District from City A can still get a bonus from being built next to Districts/wonders from Japans City B?

Yes. This was confirmed. Districts can get adjacency bonuses from things belonging to other cities.

I guess you could pack cities together too get more of these benefits, but they wouldn't grow very large
There seems to be very little point in growing large cities in civilization VI.
Thats because there are no % buildings. Each city can only have one of each districts so at some point your population wont give access to any new districts for a large city. There are no science or culture cost increase for having multiple cities and district cost don't seems to be very effected by city numbers. Farms can produce much more food so you do not need as many farms as before.

Japan favors denser cities because districts from different cities can be adjacent to each other
Everyone is going to want dense cities but Japan do it better then other due to electronic factories and adjancency bonus.

Last edited:
Bump for unanswered question:

I remember seeing something (policy?) increase this range from 6 to 8 tiles, was I drunk or does this exist? If so then it is possible to make every Zoo give bonus to 17 cities!!

Bump for unanswered question:

I remember seeing something (policy?) increase this range from 6 to 8 tiles, was I drunk or does this exist? If so then it is possible to make every Zoo give bonus to 17 cities!!

The city state of Toronto boost the range of regional bonus of the Industrial Zone and Entertainment Complex by 3 tiles for its suzerain. Some great people seems to be able to extend the range too, but maybe only for the district there are used in. I don't remember seeing any policies that impact the range.

Top Bottom