1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City Combat guide. Any eyes out there.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victoria, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Icicle

Icicle Prince

My experience has been that if you have a unit attached to a unit that takes a city any settler/builder inside will be destroyed. If not, they will be captured. I haven't actually checked this closely though.

2. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

There is something I have always wondered: does acquiring a Giant Death Robot set your cities' defense AND ranged attack to its maximum base value?

3. The_Quasar

The_Quasar King

Will check in my current game.

Pietato and Victoria like this.
  4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

It is not happening twice because -17 and 50% are not the same thing, -17 has an RNG while -50% is fixed but I do get what you are saying I have changed the words slightly.

So what I have on my list currently to clean up are
    1. Bastions ranged strength. Does it add to the base as well as modify? - from an old @Lily_Lancer comment
    2. Do jet fighters suffer -17 as well as -50%?
    3. Dos a GDR ranged get used? - @The_Quasar is hopefully checking - I know the combat strength does.
    4. Healing encampment - does it really work like the wiki says? - Wiki is often wrong
    5. Taking a city with walls still in place - test different wall damage.
    6. Gaining workers and settlers from city, testing x10 showed no result but anecdotal statements are hinting this may not be so. Unconvinced but will try a x20 test.

Meluhhan and Pietato like this.
  5. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

*puts hand up sheepishly*

@Victoria I had a couple of questions...

If I garrison a Spearmen in a City Centre, and the City is then attacked by a Warrior, does the Warrior's +10 v Spearmen have any relevance? e.g. does the Warrior do more damage to the City or to the Garrisoned Unit?

Likewise, if a Cav unit attacks the City Centre, does the Spearman's +10 v Cav have any relevance? eg is the City Strength improved by 10?

6. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

No.

tedhebert and Victoria like this.
  7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

You're attacking the city, not the unit inside it. Any special modifier abilities of the garrisoned unit are irrelevant.

tedhebert and Victoria like this.