1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City Connection Airport Tag?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Zorro 695, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Zorro 695

Zorro 695 Chieftain

When a city is connected to your Capital, you get the little City Connection icon under the City Name. That's cute, and is informative. Even on foreign shores, as long as you're connected with a Harbor, you get the City Connection icon.

But what about being connected with an Airport?

Wouldn't it be useful to have a similar (but different) icon showing that your city is connected to the Capital with an Airport? I remember there was such an icon in Civ III.

It would help to see in a moment that, 'Ah-ha! So-an-so City has an Airport! I can airlift a unit there!'

It would also help if you built a City inland on a foreign shore, where it isn't possible to build a Harbor (resource chasing).

Why should an Airport not have the same City Connection recognition as a Harbor?

Just a thought.

2. brasaelal

brasaelal Warlord

That would be good.

What I do is select a garrisoned or nearby unit and see if the "airlift" command is available.

3. loulou

loulou Chieftain

yes i agree. this was a bit confusing for me when i first built airports. i had some conquered cities inland and figured an airport connection would work (and give trade) like a harbour. it would make sense i think, it worked for berlin in the cold war ;)

4. Silverman6083

Silverman6083 History-Lover

Makes sense, also brasaelal if a unit can be airlifted it has a little icon on the toolbar that looks like a package, then you may click on or around any other city with an airport to move it.

5. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Airports in cities could connect to the capital with a trade route once the capital has a airport doesn't it? I mean by that time a trade route should already exist.

6. dasaard200

dasaard200 Prince

No, an airport cannot form a trade link; too much strain on economy . You should already have sea, road, and rail connections before airports; AND cities within air transport range to be able to 'hop' a unit from coast-to-coast in a couple of turns .

7. Zaimejs

Zaimejs Emperor

It would also make sense to do AIR trade as well as land and sea routes.

8. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

It would but it seems that it doesn't for some reason. ..

9. krc

krc King

I'm not convinced. According to Wikipedia, 90% of international trade IRL is carried by ships.