1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] City culture flipping with two Eleanors in the game

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Chefofrats, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

I just finished a game with Eleanor/England. I set the game up specifically to get the acheivement to flip Eleanor's city with another Eleanor (Meet the new boss, same as the old boss). The game went perfectly, i actually ended up taking French Eleanor's capital with culture pressure, but I also noticed an obvious bug.

Whenever a non-French city flipped under my culture pressure (I flipped two city states, unwittingly, and a Sumerian and a Russian one), it first flipped for 3 turns to French Eleanor, and after 3 more turns it flipped to me - English Eleanor. Those cities were not influenced by French Eleanor to a greater extent than by me.

It appears the game gets confused when two leaders share the same name and cities flip under culture pressure.

It was only a minor inconvenience, since it postponed my takeover of cities by just 3 turns, but as an obvious bug it should be fixed :)

Infixo likes this.
  2. jwolf713

jwolf713 Chieftain

To get this achievement, you must actively take over the city by sending a spy there and activate the 'cause unrest' operation. This way, when the rebellion turn count reaches zero, the city will ask you to accept it, skipping the so-called “free city” stage.
    It is this stage of the free city that precludes the achievement of this achievement.

3. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Prince

AFAIK, the OP did not have an issue triggering the achievement.