City don't grow ?

River974

Chieftain
Hello all,

I run a new game after... 5-6 years.
I am surprised by some differences, for example with Calabim my cities are limited in population, they have enough food to grow but instead of "(growth)" there is marked something like "(limited growing control)" in the food bar in the city.

What is this and how to change that?

PS: sorry english is not my first language

Did you max out the happiness for that city? One of the features of the BUG mod that was incorporated into some these mods is that if increasing population would make your city unhappy then it simply doesn't let it grow. You can turn that off if you want to but I recommend leaving it on because unhappy population doesn't do anything good for you that I know of and they cost food and give your city a chance to riot.

Except with the calabim it is a necessary feature to turn off because :( are still food for vampires. Seriously, just go into the BUG configuration and shut everything off that isn't an user interface upgrade. Automation is your enemy and satans friend.

Also, increased unhappiness -- whether from increased population or any other source -- equates directly to increased production with a Governor's Manor. You generally don't want unhappiness from sources other than population, as that limits the number of productive citizens you can have, but one additional hammer from an extra citizen is better than literally nothing. So this "feature" is generally bad for the Calabim.

You can turn it off for an individual city by clicking on the button directly to the right of the happiness and unhappiness numbers. If growth is halted the button should be lit up and hovering the cursor over it should show the message "Turn Off Avoid Angry Citizens".

Top Bottom