1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

City flipping question

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Osakasayama, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Osakasayama

Osakasayama In decline

Where is the code that configures "city flips" when new civs spawn?
    I can't seem to find it in RhyesAndFall.py (I might have missed some lines though)

2. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

If you mean the spawn zone, then that area is defined in Consts.py by the constants tCoreAreasTL, tCoreAreasBR and tExceptions. The first value is all the bottom left tiles, the second is all the top right tiles, and the third consists of additional tiles. Compare with the RFC Atlas.

3. Osakasayama

Osakasayama In decline

Sorry, I ment about citys switching sides (for example, Bordeaux and Marseilles joining France, or the Eastern Babylonian city joining Persia), but do you mean that citys in the coordinates will automatically flip when civs spawn?

4. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

Exactly. This how the "core area" is defined in the mod, also known as the "spawn zone" or "flip area".

What the Civ spawn code does is it loops all tiles inside the core area and flips it. It doesn't matter who owns it or what the city is called.

5. Osakasayama

Osakasayama In decline

Ok Thanks!