[?] City Flipping

Refar

Deity
Will European Settlements "Culture" flip ?

I seen Natives Flip (Kind of, i did not actually got the Settlement, they just went away...).

Habe a Spanish city under quite heavy pressure - 99% my influence for quite a few turns already... But it just not want flip... So i wonder if it is possible at all. Or should i forget about flipping and just go raze it ?

So you say i should just unmothball some of my cannon and "take it from his cold dead hands"...

Oddly San Martin suggested the same... Oh well.

IMO the Civ4-Culture in Civ4Col is really a design-error ... sooner or later you will have to produce Bells in your cities to win the game ... and then your cultural borders will expand ... even when you have left enough space to colonies of other players or natives your culture will encircle them after some turns and will remove their livelihood ... cripple their settlements without giving you any benefit ... except if you accept the handed over native settlements and build new cities there ...

There should be a limit for culture-expansion ... (I think it would be sufficient to just have the 1st expansion ...)

I kind of agree with historix; I'd like to see what the effect would be if only the first expansion happened.

You might be right. I am not sure if the Boarders are good for anything anyway - the natives ignore them, the diplo with other colonies (and natives) is increadibly lame so i get OB all the time anyway too.

The only real application is to resolve who can work the land if two european settlements happen to share a plot. But here "First come - First Serve" might be good enought.

Either way, the behaviour now clearly does not match the expectations - seeing my Boarders fully enlosing the Spanish settlement i was expecting it to flip, like it would do in a game of Civ4.

so the official word is that european settlements will never flip? i'm in the same boat: guadaloupe has been 99% mine for most of the game and yet there hasn't been a hint of flippage. it seems a bit silly. does it matter if the city is garrisoned? at least i've stolen 8 of its 9 tiles (including the silver mine) and so the settlement is effectively rendered useless for france, but my civ 4 sensibility still wants to see it flip.

Top Bottom