City Four

I would suggest a more neutrally worded first post for a broader debate on city 4.

There should be no header stating that there is a majority. The majority should be counted by the end, Governor Sommerjeb. :)

I would prefer that we found the city 1 tile directly East of the Horse resource.

1. This square will give us immediate access to the resource within the cultural border
2. We will save Cow and Wine for the future riverine cities (even built on bluffs), by the time we get monarchy to work the wine
3. The floodplain squares will be reserved the riverine cities
4. The proximity to nearby mines allows for immediate production of chariots and barracks
5. There is no encroachment on future city tiles in the high growth foodplains region
6. There is no encroachment on the fertile Syr Darya river valley
7. It saves 20-40 hammers worth of forest chops (1 tile forest saved, not burning yet another forest on settlement)
7. It saves worker actions by building closer to the roadgrid, allowing for instant connection of resources
8. It maximizes the tile usage, so no tile in the citygrid is left out (see my proposal in the city 3 thread)
9. It acquires food from up to 3 tiles bordering rivers, and will thus grow quicker with cultural overlap gains to sheep city and capital
10. It is quicker to set up, being closer
11. It beats the 1W alternative as it allows a higher degree of city specialization
12 It gets to the "hub" of the map without any bigger trouble, scaling for more useful cities by the river region
It has more productive tiles on the large (based on total tile usage)

I would prefer that we found the city 1 tile directly W of the Horse resource.

1. This square will give us immediate access to the resource
2. We will get Cow and Wine in the BFC one border pops.
3. There is a floodplain square in the BFC that will give food
4. There is no encroachment on current city tiles
5. There is minimal encroachment on proposed future city tiles
6. There is minimal encroachment on the fertile Syr Darya river valley
7. It gets us closer to the Copper in the north
8. It gets us closer to the "Hub" of the map in the north.

I would suggest a more neutrally worded first post for a broader debate on city 4.

There should be no header stating that there is a majority. The majority should be counted by the end, Governor Sommerjeb. :)
:lol: Keep the funnies coming!! Just reminding everyone where we stand... If the majority changes I can always edit. At least I did not say there was "consensus";)

I did move all my "Pro 1W" analysis though... hopefully that is an acceptable compromise, Ambassador:D

Cavscout, you may review the options a bit given new info :)

:lol: Keep the funnies coming!! Just reminding everyone where we stand... If the majority changes I can always edit. At least I did not say there was "consensus";)

I did move all my "Pro 1W" analysis though... hopefully that is an acceptable compromise, Ambassador:D

Haha, was it Pro George W1 or George W2, I am getting confused, Governor Sommerjeb of Dade County, or was it just "W"? :)

I still think W-SW of the horse is best. It gets four resources. I don't see how a cityon that western river is going to get the gold. Is the river city going on top of the corn?

Haha, was it Pro George W1 or George W2, I am getting confused, Governor Sommerjeb of Dade County, or was it just "W"? :)
Definitely George W2 if you're talking about controversial election results. George 1's election was an old fashioned woodshed thrashing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1988

If you mean plot location then I would say George 1W because its 1W not 2W of horse... I guess since there is not a huge amount of controversy over the location we could call it 1W anyway:crazyeye:

Is it Dade County? I thought it was Ocala county? That's where the capital is... I think... Dade is Miami, Ocala is Tallahassee, and therefore the location of the capital. I think governor is in capital:king:.. Oh well:lol:

I don't see how a city on that western river is going to get the gold. Is the river city going on top of the corn?

Nope, we can place city 5 on the grassland E of the corn and NW of the gold- putting gold and corn in the inner radius. We can then cottage all those floodplains and cash in.

I think City 5 should be north of the gold, with the river and the hill, for a more total package and better tile coverage (to cover the coast as well)

we can place city 5 on the grassland E of the corn and NW of the gold- putting gold and corn in the inner radius. We can then cottage all those floodplains and cash in.

Ok, I see the idea now. If we do that then one west of the horse looks good for city 4. I'd still like to see more of the Syr Darya River area though before committing.

I think we need a sort of test for City 4 through City 5, to make sure we have good models for this.

Nope, we can place city 5 on the grassland E of the corn and NW of the gold- putting gold and corn in the inner radius. We can then cottage all those floodplains and cash in.

Yes that is the location we should go for if we settle W of horse.

We lose the hill defence bonus, but if this goes peacefull it should be no problem.

Its not only the hill defense bonus (also river from west), but total tile usage as well as getting the most out of that desert hile tile. East of horse also allows borrowing the worked mine to faster get a barracks/chariot, which is the key here. Speed in getting up defenses.

Yes that is the location we should go for if we settle W of horse.

We lose the hill defence bonus, but if this goes peacefull it should be no problem.

That's also my preferred spot, but we need to scout a bit west first. Even if we move our scout slowly we should be able to see the nearby area well enough.

And has anyone else noticed how scarce sea-resources are in this game?

And has anyone else noticed how scarce sea-resources are in this game?
I noticed that King Kaleb:king:.
And I think there are three possible, logical conclusions about that...
1. The map is designed to be a "land strength" map as opposed to "sea strength" map or;
2. The resources are randomly allocated, and we just got screwed over as far as water resources are allocated or;
3. The lack of water resources is a trick by the mapmaker to fool us into settling inland, when the map will really be decided by strong naval cities.

This map has been really fun so far, I hope others agree:)

Top Bottom