City Four

I think City 4 should be south of horse, can we now poll this please, I am officially requesting a poll.

Sure, I took an extended screenshot of the valley all the way up which people can use for a dot map

Spoiler :

What would the options be for the potential sites?
Sure Classy, Here are the 2 choices

1 tile West of Horse (1W) BFC shown in Red
1 tile South of Horse (1S) BFC shown in Yellow

Spoiler :

The choice is between these two options.

I also think that if we have reached no definitive resolution on this issue by the time settler reaches area, :king: should make an executive decision based on what he thinks majority has voiced. That way our settler is not idling, waiting for a resolution / vote.

Attachments

• Horse City Choices.jpg
    Horse City Choices.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 110
I favor 1W for the 4th city BTW.

I also have Cavscout's vote for the next 2 days... I think the issue was very close in Cavscout's mind but I think the vote would be 1S, based on this post:

I'm in favor of 1W, its gives us a decent horse city and we still get excellent city placement for cities 5-8 on the Syr Darya.

EDIT: Ok so I changed my mind. I did some dot maps for comparison I and think 1S is slightly better in the long run for city placement on the Syr Darya. The horse city will be kind of a dud but it can produce units on a regular basis.
So in terms of voting I would cast 1S for Cavscout.

So that would be 1 vote each for 1W and 1S.

I will set up an authoritative poll, if noone else does it. I do not like people to inch the votes by refusing to poll clear decisions like this.

Just to be clear, no-one is suggesting an option other than 1W or 1S right? It's a straight choice between those two options.

And will 48hours be long enough for the poll? I think we can make it 72hours as Cav and MS will be taking as long as they can for their turns and we can also delay.

Does smokey need to start the poll or can we just go ahead and do one?

Remember to make the votes visible and sticky (so people can see who votes for what and there are no changes allowed).

Looking at what we have in the map I support 1W of horses as it will still be a decent city and city 5 will also be impressive with 3 flood plains of it's own and Corn.

Here's my proposed dot map:
Spoiler :

If people want a blank dot map to draw their own borders on see the attachment from the last turn log, I've got a screenshot of whole Sar Darya valley.

Just to be clear, no-one is suggesting an option other than 1W or 1S right? It's a straight choice between those two options.

And will 48hours be long enough for the poll? I think we can make it 72hours as Cav and MS will be taking as long as they can for their turns and we can also delay.
I agree it is a straight choice between these two options... Any additional choices will just be confusing the issue, as no other option has any real chance of winning.

I would like to delay long enough for Cavscout to cast a vote. As I have said I would vote 1S in Cavscout's absence and 1W for myself.

Remember to make the votes visible and sticky (so people can see who votes for what and there are no changes allowed).
As Indiansmoke is the nominated Internal Affairs Minister (IAM), I think that no one should post a poll UNLESS Indiansmoke first approves that the issue should be polled. (That was the whole point of the position, to avoid controversy over polls). However, this policy has not necessarily been agreed to... I just think that it is good policy. I also don't know for sure that Smoke has actually accepted this role... maybe it is just being pushed on Smoke without consent.

Hey Smoke! Speak up on this please... as the hour is fast approaching:D

I also agree that there should be no vote changing once an vote has been cast on a poll.

Stop your procrastination sommerswerd, now you are doing this again, inching your will by referring to a last filibuster. Set up the poll now between those two options and not mess around.

Stop your procrastination sommerswerd, now you are doing this again, inching your will by referring to a last filibuster. Set up the poll now between those two options and not mess around.
I understand your frustration Provo... I want a poll too, but ONLY an officially sanctioned poll... not a rogue one.

As I have said many times, I also favor polling this issue, however, it would be hypocritical for me to start a poll thread when I have already said I favor having an Internal Affairs Minister decide when we should conduct polls. I don't know what else to say... I WILL NOT start a poll unless Indiansmoke says that we should poll. Just my position... not necessarily binding on anyone else.:)

Looking at what we have in the map I support 1W of horses as it will still be a decent city and city 5 will also be impressive with 3 flood plains of it's own and Corn.

Here's my proposed dot map:
Spoiler :

If people want a blank dot map to draw their own borders on see the attachment from the last turn log, I've got a screenshot of whole Sar Darya valley.

Completely agree with this dotmap :)

Hi!

Explanation are provided in the 5th city thread. PLease consider this schema

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An hour late to be considered!!!

Attachments

• Horse City Choices.jpg
    Horse City Choices.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 55
Hi herv, settler can still move to one of those spots btw, you can still vote in the poll thread but I think issue is pretty much decided :/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An hour late to be considered!!!
Don't worry Herv... I felt the same way when I first started posting so many things I was interested in had already been decided. But believe me... There will be MANY MANY MANY things to decide and discuss going forward.;) I would suggest that after browsing through the turn log you might consider moving to the Long Term Strategy thread and then the Mid Term Strategy Thread... :) Also there is already a thread up for City 5.

Top Bottom