City Graphics: Japanese

I don't believe I can think of higher praise. Thank you all! :goodjob:

I'm glad you liked those. The waterwheel was one of the most difficult parts to do, while the tori was one of the easiest.

Here's size two for inspection. I wish I had finished this project before you left. :(

I would like to do some custom city walls for this era. Does anyone have any good pics I could use as a guide?

Don't worry Red, every once in a while I am released from duty for the weekend, so I can check in here for a few minutes to at least make sure I don't miss out on too much.

First of all, size two looks amazing...no seriously, breath taking!

As for the walls, use these pics to orientate yourself. Here's a pic of an old city plan where you can see the walls pretty good:

For more details, use the base of this castle as a general reference for more details (I circled it in red):

I'll be checking in here when I can. ;)

Hi Rommel, it's good to see you! I hope things are going well in the military. :)
Thanks for the wall pictures; I'll definately incorporate them.

I haven't forgotten about this! ;)

Here is the metropolis and walled version. I wanted to post both together so it took me extra long to update. I don't know if I'm entirely happy with them, but they were a lot of work so I thought I'd show what I did anyway:

I'm glad you both like them!

The metropolis is actually quite large, in fact, it's the largest possible size, at 167 x 95 pixels. It was necessary to make it this large because there were a lot of buildings I was hoping to fit in it, and because I wanted to make buildings like the castle or the palace to the same scale as the houses.

Oh man, I haven't been this giddy about the development of a mod in a long time (although, that's understandable since it's my request). Seriously RA, You're style, although not made with all those other 3D techniques, simply look so convincing and beautiful, it's hard not to like them. Definitely looking to be my favorite City Set of ALL TIME (dun dun dun)!!!!

Did I mention, there's nothing I would change on those previews a couple posts above. The Metropolis looks just as bustling and packed as I was hoping, and the walls seriously could not be any better. Superb my good friend! :goodjob:

Greetings, Rommel! It's fantastic to see you!

I'm really happy you're happy with this set so far. To be honest, I wasn't sure I liked where I was going with the middle ages - mainly the metropolis. The reason being that it's quite spread out. I noticed I've been doing that a lot with my city sets when what I really prefer is a more compact look. But I didn't want to hide the buildings behind each other after spending countless hours on each one! Now that I look back on this thread, though, I think I like my work a little better. Anyway, whenever you'd like me to continue this set, just let me know!

Oh man, I haven't been this giddy about the development of a mod in a long time (although, that's understandable since it's my request). Seriously RA, You're style, although not made with all those other 3D techniques, simply look so convincing and beautiful, it's hard not to like them. Definitely looking to be my favorite City Set of ALL TIME (dun dun dun)!!!!

Did I mention, there's nothing I would change on those previews a couple posts above. The Metropolis looks just as bustling and packed as I was hoping, and the walls seriously could not be any better. Superb my good friend! :goodjob:

Welcome back :)

Top Bottom