City Graphics

Raw is War?

Soul Reaper
I request that each civ has its own city graphics.

You mean not only five but 24 (31) city graphich.Kind of a big request for programmer in Firaxes, but it would be Great!!!:goodjob:

Yes, that would be great. But 4 new city graphics (i.e. mesepotamian, aincient egyptian = with obeliscs instad of islamic mosque towers, different european style) in conquests would be nice too.

Few times i had cities population more than 40. Maybe another change of city size (i mean in graphich) when population reach 36 or so + some bonus simular to Iron Works small wonder?

If it's too much work then how about just making it possible?

Change it so that you can enter in the editor's civilization tab an ini file that contains references to the various city pics. In the basic game these would just point to the current graphics, e.g. the Egyptians and the Persians would have identical settings. However, the industrious modders in CFC :) could then create their own pics for various civs and share them with others quickly creating a library of hundreds of different city pics.

And why a parameter file instead of a direct reference to a graphics file? Because then we could mix and match pics from various sources. A really good parameter file would also allow new possibilities, for example the basic game out of the box could have:

Code:
MiddleEast.ini:
[CitySizeContent]
1=easttown.gif
2=easttown.gif
3=easttown.gif
6=easttown.gif
7=eastcity.gif
8=eastcity.gif
9=eastcity.gif
12=eastcity.gif
default=eastmetro.gif

Meaning you have only three different pics: towns (1-6), cities (7-12) and metropolises (13+). Like it's now. But the configuration would allow someone to make different pics for each city size if he wanted.

Of course we could also define different pics when a city is in WLTKD, in disorder, etc.

im too lazy to change it in the editor. it would be cool if the put it in though.

Originally posted by Pembroke
Change it so that you can enter in the editor's civilization tab an ini file that contains references to the various city pics. In the basic game these would just point to the current graphics, e.g. the Egyptians and the Persians would have identical settings. However, the industrious modders in CFC :) could then create their own pics for various civs and share them with others quickly creating a library of hundreds of different city pics....
Meaning you have only three different pics: towns (1-6), cities (7-12) and metropolises (13+). Like it's now. But the configuration would allow someone to make different pics for each city size if he wanted... etc.
Unfortunetly, personaly i am a computer (dumbster)..ahm..beginner, but if i understand correct what you mean about this issue it would be realy GREAT!!! If i only think of possibilites...in that case the game would have a completly diferent dimenssion for me. That way when you add some new Civ of your own to play, you can create the cities looks whatever you want!

One more question Pembroke 'couse i see you "capish" this stuff much better than me. How about a citizen face. I mean i would like to see nation with man's head as European an' woman's as Mediterenian (It will suit Serbia for exaple) or man's American, woman's Mediteranian (It will suit Brasil for example) etc...if you understand what i mean? Could that be possibile in some kind of mods?

The programmers would only have a small part. It's the artists who are going to have to make a bunch of art for the city screens.

Originally posted by Chieftess
The programmers would only have a small part. It's the artists who are going to have to make a bunch of art for the city screens.
Then artist go ahead!
And if you need some help i'm here;) .

AS both an Artist and a Programmer I would Love to see the ability to change the City Graphics for Each Civ and For Each City Size and For Each Terrain Type, and Even allow for Great Wonders to be visable from outside (though that even sounds hard to me),
I'd love cities to start to Spread across and you could have 2,3,4 or even more sized cities that can be taken over parts at a time (like Berlin East & West)
I'd also love to have a different Face for each race in each city and different science/entertain/taxman faces for races too...

Top Bottom